Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

What a bloody glorious performance this was in a really testing atmosphere.

For the first time in a very long time, we showed a real level of game management, the buying of cheap fouls, the superb wasting of time (never seen anyone take smaller steps coming off a pitch than Fof & Wilf did), most on here have said (and I absolutely agree) that we are far too nice & naive, well Thursday night was an absolute thing of beauty for me!

I worried myself if we had the backbone and mettle required to get through, but that we did! Superb stuff lads, onto the next one!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roazhon said:

rugby is easier to referee !🆒

Tbf, your centre back should have been sent off for his challenge on Barnes, but we won’t moan about that because you don’t always get all of the decisions you think you deserve, that’s football 👀

12 hours ago, Roazhon said:

rugby is easier to referee !🆒

Your coach moaning about not having VAR for the 'handball' needs to understand that off field officials would've given that as a free-kick for the push on KDH. 

Are Rennes always bad losers? 

• Like 1

6-0 up now against Metz. They’re a good team in reality. Could have gone either way really, however I don’t think they were “done over by corruption” like their fans are trying to make out. 

It was not only the supporters who challenged the arbitration, but also the observers, the press (I'm not talking about the tabloids)... And as we saw during the Rennes-Metz match (6-1)  this afternoon, a normal referee, who can give a penalty!, it changes a match.  The rage to play and cheer was still strong today;  And nothing questionable has spoiled the match.

Edited by Roazhon
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roazhon said:

It was not only the supporters who challenged the arbitration, but also the observers, the press (I'm not talking about the tabloids)... And as we saw during the Rennes-Metz match (6-1)  this am, a normal referee, who can give a penalty!, it changes a match.  The rage to play and cheer was still strong today;  And nothing questionable has spoiled the match.

If you going to allege corruption, you have to find actual evidence, not just opinion. I say this often enough to our own fans every time they explain anything they don't like with 'fix'.

3 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

It was not only the supporters who challenged the arbitration, but also the observers, the press (I'm not talking about the tabloids)... And as we saw during the Rennes-Metz match (6-1)  this afternoon, a normal referee, who can give a penalty!, it changes a match.  The rage to play and cheer was still strong today;  And nothing questionable has spoiled the match.

Give it up, mate. Enjoy your win today :thumbup:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Si vous allèguez de la corruption, vous devez trouver des preuves réelles, pas seulement une opinion. Je le dis assez souvent à nos propres fans chaque fois qu'ils expliquent quelque chose qu'ils n'aiment pas avec 'fix'.

I'm only talking about the quality of the refereeing, and against Chelsea, Arsenal (plus the arrangements with UEFA, reversal of the order of the matches, suspension of Lacazette miraculously lifted...), Leicester, the refereeing has  been unfavorable each time.

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Your coach moaning about not having VAR for the 'handball' needs to understand that off field officials would've given that as a free-kick for the push on KDH. 

Are Rennes always bad losers? 

I agree.

And what do you think about Guirassy ?

1 hour ago, Sly said:

6-0 up now against Metz. They’re a good team in reality. Could have gone either way really, however I don’t think they were “done over by corruption” like their fans are trying to make out. 

(I quote you, but that could have been someone else)

Stop twitter and your national "press". They say s*** and s*** about everything, but suddenly they would encourage to take a rational step back ?

If you want to know more about real supporters (not "footix") and what they think, you can go here https://forum.stade-rennais-online.com/viewtopic.php?id=5518&p=13 if you have a translation app.

Edited by MGDescendres

Ah yes, UEFA looking to match fix in favour of massive Leicester, would this be the same UEFA who were perfectly happy to see Leicester beaten in the Champions League with a penalty for a foul a yard outside the box? Good old UEFA, always match fixing to help out these English teams

Grow up. You weren't beaten by a "conspiracy" but because your forwards were profligate and your defence can't defend corners properly and had a nap at the end of the first leg.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s like the first leg where Leicester outplayed Rennes didn’t even exist 

And we should have put the game to bed until they scored out of nothing, which then set up a tense finale  Might have got lucky at the end but we we deserved to go through and it would have been extremely fortunate for them to get the next goal.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

None of them were penalties, possibly Soyuncu's in the 1st leg but none of them in the 2nd leg. VAR sends your man off on Barnes before that final one that KDH got pushed, which again if the ref had even given the penalty would likely overturn it.

You lot should be more annoyed with your poor game management. You were too worked up both Terrier and Lamborde were very poor hence why you had 5 shots on target in 2 games. You didn't do enough to even take it to extra time. Move on, be graceful and qualify for the Champions League as you look to be in very good shape to do so.

The Soyuncu 'handball' in the first leg wouldn't have been given by VAR as it bounced off another body part (thigh). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roazhon said:

I'm only talking about the quality of the refereeing, and against Chelsea, Arsenal (plus the arrangements with UEFA, reversal of the order of the matches, suspension of Lacazette miraculously lifted...), Leicester, the refereeing has  been unfavorable each time.

You must of forgot that you got handed your place in the knockout stages by UEFA

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skid_1884 said:

T'as dû oublier que t'as eu ta place en huitièmes de finale par l'UEFA

Definitely, there is a poor knowledge of the history of Stade Rennais here (hence some errors of assessment...excusable!) Before the finally canceled match against Tottenham, Rennes were at the top of the group and could not be joined  !  Tottenham cost us a trip for nothing (club shenanigans, hypocrisy, lack of fair play denounced by Rennes), then asked for a postponement, which Vitesse Arnhem contested, directly concerned in the classification.