Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

20 hours ago, Roazhon said:

It was not only the supporters who challenged the arbitration, but also the observers, the press (I'm not talking about the tabloids)... And as we saw during the Rennes-Metz match (6-1)  this afternoon, a normal referee, who can give a penalty!, it changes a match.  The rage to play and cheer was still strong today;  And nothing questionable has spoiled the match.

Come on man are you referring to the handball claims and the challenge by Vestergaard?

Weak as piss argument for pens. If they were given then they would be about 5 pens a game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Roazhon said:

😂

Is the the state the room was left in? Im

guessing the club has cleaners and have dealt with far worse.

it’s all getting a bit pathetic now against nasty little Leicester.

Re the 'deplorable' state of the dressing room, and maybe it's just me here, but I don't think it's that bad in honesty. The vast majority of the litter seems to have been placed on the table. I see no bins, nor bin liners etc, so one has to ask what players are supposed to do? Take it with them?

I'd be genuinely interested to know what standard procedure is here because I suspect (as I said up thread) that this is nothing out of the ordinary (rightly or wrongly) It could be someone looking for a story that in reality simply does not exist.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, frakenfox said:

Re the 'deplorable' state of the dressing room, and maybe it's just me here, but I don't think it's that bad in honesty. The vast majority of the litter seems to have been placed on the table. I see no bins, nor bin liners etc, so one has to ask what players are supposed to do? Take it with them?

I'd be genuinely interested to know what standard procedure is here because I suspect (as I said up thread) that this is nothing out of the ordinary (rightly or wrongly) It could be someone looking for a story that in reality simply does not exist.

Bin is already full so they’ve clearly used it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.84b7d9696b9fc525a72b27cdb25ccba5.jpeg

• Like 1

The pic in the quoted article appears to show something black that could have been a bin, I was unsure tbh. Thought it could equally be a trouser press! :dunno: :D

So thanks for that other view. Shows the bin was used and inadequate. Smacks of someone at Rennes sulking just a bit.

• Like 1

The best thing about all this crap coming out of Rennes since the game is how unbothered Leicester are. Like, none of us give a flying fvck about some little french farmers. On the other hand these clowns are trying to create a rivalry to make themselves relevant. 

Weren’t even arsed for the two games and still rolled them over. 

also, never a pen.

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Have heard Rennes mostly brought this up in themselves by not exactly being welcoming to the club.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Have heard Rennes mostly brought this up in themselves by not exactly being welcoming to the club.

Well, in fairness and not knowing what you've heard, that could perhaps also be par for the course. Mind games, hostile environment etc. Anything to unsettle and disturb the opposition. Or is that sort of thing not done these days?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
16 minutes ago, frakenfox said:

Well, in fairness and not knowing what you've heard, that could perhaps also be par for the course. Mind games, hostile environment etc. Anything to unsettle and disturb the opposition. Or is that sort of thing not done these days?

To the team yes, to the staff and club officials perhaps not.

17 minutes ago, frakenfox said:

Wonder if they have a coach Jean Le-Beque who fiddles with thermostats, puts bags of sugar in the tea urn (I know....it's all supplements and energy drinks nowadays), deflates the warm up footballs and sands the pitch.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

That millionaire players knowingly throw away their waste, what respect not only for the club which welcomes them, but also for those who are in charge of the cleaning... the rich who make fun of the poor.  What a mentality!  I put the translation, just to emphasize that footballers from other clubs (even Nantes, that is to say!) do not have this behavior.  You may call us bad losers, but your players are very sad winners!  No excuses.

Rennais Stadium

Rennais Stadium.  Not very gentlemanly, Leicester leaves its locker room in a sorry state

The day after Stade Rennais' elimination in the round of 16 of the Europa League Conference against Leicester on Thursday, March 17, several photos showed the deplorable state of the visitor's locker room at Roazhon Park after the departure of the English team.  A finding that shocked the Breton club, including the chairman of the board of directors, Jacques Delanoé

Ouest-France Modified on 03/20/2022 at 10:31

Stade Rennais had already emerged frustrated from their round of 16 Europa League Conference against Leicester on Thursday March 17 (2-1 winner at Roazhon Park but eliminated after their 2-0 defeat in the first leg).  The state of the visitor's locker room after the departure of the English, noted after the match, added to the annoyance on the side of the SRFC: waste on the ground, on the table or in the individual lockers.

A lack of good manners which notably "surprised and shocked" Jacques Delanoë, chairman of the board of directors of Stade Rennais, who highlights the good relations between the leaders of Rennes and Leciester on this double confrontation: "It's  went very well, they received us well in Leicester and we received them well in Rennes.  But for the Rennes manager, the behavior of the team coached by Brendan Rodgers is likely to tarnish the "image" of the English champion club in 2016.

“It is unworthy of a club that has been champion of England, I find it totally lamentable.  I think we saw that once in Rennes and I think it was already an English club.  The image of a club is on the pitch but also in the way you leave an opposing club.  I can tell you that at Stade Rennais, we always make sure to leave a clean locker room.  And Jacques Delanoë added to conclude: "Unfortunately we had already had the opportunity in the past to taste the famous English fair play bitterly, here is once again proof that gentlemen are undoubtedly more on the side of Brittany than  of Great Britain…”

in england you are what is known as a sad bastard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1