Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, turlo said:

The cleaners wanted some overtime and threw a bit of litter on the floor. 

French cleaners would have taken one look... and gone out on strike! "We're cleaners. What do you expect us to do? Clean!??"

This rivals pizzagate! 

Non, mais je vais laisser tomber. C'est une blague, pas sérieux, n'importe.

• Haha 2

Ha but, we think a lot about the end of the championship, and a European place!  But in the past Rennes have been too nice, and I'm quite satisfied that the club has finally reacted!  And then there's this too:😁

https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/rennes-35000/rennes-en-avant-premiere-decouvrez-la-foire-so-british-au-parc-des-expositions-bb7022e4-a606-11ec-9c5b-2d50e05f0f76

On 18/03/2022 at 12:25, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Je pensais que Rennes sous Tait était bon dès le départ en dépassant nos joueurs et en passant. 

Ça ne le dérangerait pas ici en été

If we do not know if he will stay in Rennes, we must know that for more than one season Tait was very bad, lost on the field.  Then with the arrival of Génésio, and his agreement with Majer, he regained all his qualities and his importance in the game, knowing how to break the lines.  He is a player who needs confidence, sensitive, and who can have problems adapting.  In any case, I do not imagine for a moment that he signs in Leicester, after these European matches!

A post below, it is said that Truffert is also one of our best players.  International hopefuls, he is in competition with Meling, who is most often the holder.  His last games have been good, but that needs confirmation.  We have to see if his weaknesses (marking, defensive placement, often rough overflows) disappear at the end of the season, if ever Meling played less.

• Like 1

One last thing, for those who called the players mourners, who criticized their behavior.  Mourners do not know how to react, are negative.  Quite the opposite of Sunday's game.  Why ?  Because they are humble players, at the service of the collective, in osmosis with the public.  For the clapping, the players chose the young defender Belocian17 years old, we see him delighted in the images.  In short, it's a team that doesn't cheat, that tries to play, it's no coincidence that its relationship with the public is exceptional.  That's it, I wanted to underline it, because permanent irony cannot be reality.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

One last thing, for those who called the players mourners, who criticized their behavior.  Mourners do not know how to react, are negative.  Quite the opposite of Sunday's game.  Why ?  Because they are humble players, at the service of the collective, in osmosis with the public.  For the clapping, the players chose the young defender Belocian17 years old, we see him delighted in the images.  In short, it's a team that doesn't cheat, that tries to play, it's no coincidence that its relationship with the public is exceptional.  That's it, I wanted to underline it, because permanent irony cannot be reality.

How did Metz leave the locker room?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Roazhon said:

That's all very well. However, many Leicester City fans have come away from the matches with a poor impression of Rennes, not the fans support, but the ungracious and unsporting comments and behaviour of some club officials. Some of which has been classless and leaves a bitter taste which is a shame given the way the football was contested. I didn't know much about Rennes before but I think they are a good club and hope they learn in the future how to accept defeat. 

• Like 2

The criticism was mainly directed at the refereeing, not at the Leicester club, although the dressing room story was too much and there was no apology.  This story of arbitration follows others, and always against English clubs, so we can understand the nervousness (for once!).  But as I illustrated, it's a real team, and not the caricature that I could read.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

The criticism was mainly directed at the refereeing, not at the Leicester club, although the dressing room story was too much and there was no apology.  This story of arbitration follows others, and always against English clubs, so we can understand the nervousness (for once!).  But as I illustrated, it's a real team, and not the caricature that I could read.

Did Rennes apologise for their behaviour towards club staff?

22 hours ago, Roazhon said:

Ha but, we think a lot about the end of the championship, and a European place!  But in the past Rennes have been too nice, and I'm quite satisfied that the club has finally reacted!  And then there's this too:😁

https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/rennes-35000/rennes-en-avant-premiere-decouvrez-la-foire-so-british-au-parc-des-expositions-bb7022e4-a606-11ec-9c5b-2d50e05f0f76

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 hours ago, Roazhon said:

What was wrong with the referee?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What was wrong with the referee?

He didn't give them every decision in the game.

The way the Rennes players acted after the game was ended, and even more so the manager, with absolutely no respect for us whatsoever, I would have left more than a bit of rubbish on the floor. Literally the most most bitter club I've ever seen, it's pathetic

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, Staff said:

The way the Rennes players acted after the game was ended, and even more so the manager, with absolutely no respect for us whatsoever, I would have left more than a bit of rubbish on the floor. Literally the most most bitter club I've ever seen, it's pathetic

Refused to shake Rodgers hand. What do you expect.

I'm a total stickler for manners and all that so would expect the players to show respect and clean up some of the mess (which they clearly did hence the bin being full) but even so, you'd think that a top flight club in France, hosting a European match would have the cleaning staff to clean up that little bit of mess and not expect top flight footballers to go around cleaning up every bit of mess. Got to remember this is a football changing room and not an office or somebody's home so there's going to be a bit of mess. As has been said, we've never had any complaints from elsewhere so this just reflects badly on Rennes which is a shame given the passionate support.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roazhon said:

On 17/03/2022 at 19:42, urban.spaceman said:

What. A. Game. 

YOU ARE CRYING INTO YOUR FROGS LEGS SON