Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

13 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

I see the level, it's a shame, can't wait for my future week in England!😁

You're still very much welcome - just clean up after yourself, me ode. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

I’ve gotta say, almost a week on from the game, I’m still a little perplexed as to the sourness in here.

Over in Rennes, both sets of fans were more than amicable with one another, it was a genuine jovial atmosphere. 

At the full time whistle tempers flared a little, which is fine. Rennes wanted to go through, they didn’t, so they were disappointed, I’m not overly fussed about that tbh.

But then the bitterness dial seems to have been turned up to combustion levels! I’m trying to work out if it just happens to be the Rennes posters in here or if they are reflective of the general Rennes fan base, I would hope not as like I say, before the game the fans I was mingling with were very respectful and seemed very level headed people.

Edited by MalletFox

We have an exciting end to the championship, and we have turned the European page.  But we have regrets: in relation to our mistakes, and to the rest, of course.  All we want is Europe next year, but without an English club for once!

• Haha 1

It is just a shame we were unable to have field our strongest Team (and Rennes their first choice Keeper).  I suspect the result would have been much wider than 3-2 and all this nonsence about the Referee and untidy dressing room would be irrelevant.

8 hours ago, Roazhon said:

We have an exciting end to the championship, and we have turned the European page.  But we have regrets: in relation to our mistakes, and to the rest, of course.  All we want is Europe next year, but without an English club for once!

To get to the pinnacle in sport, to get through life...you have to Greet allcomers..After taking hits,loss & highs...

Then One has to Stand up...like your Rugby team.....by all means crow..but poor form when one goes around hen pecking

trying to Grind the seeds of contempt...well After the yard as been swept...

11 of my colleagues went..and all said, from their side both Set of supporters got on quite well, before & After the game...

Perhaps @Roazhon wants to do start a new thread for all things Rennes? People could then contribute (or not) as they wish with the slate clean. And/or contribute to other threads too. Strikes me they would have a valuable insight on such things as stadium atmosphere etc.

I'm sure many would welcome the additional diversity of opinion. :)

25 minutes ago, frakenfox said:

Perhaps @Roazhon wants to do start a new thread for all things Rennes? People could then contribute (or not) as they wish with the slate clean. And/or contribute to other threads too. Strikes me they would have a valuable insight on such things as stadium atmosphere etc.

I'm sure many would welcome the additional diversity of opinion. :)

Great idea!!  👍   .....as long as the thread is started on Rennes own forum....😉

• Haha 2

Living in France there is a bit of "c'est toujours les anglais", it it like that when England play France in Rugby, although we got our arses kicked last weekend. Personally I think Rennes and Leicester should get along, we have more in common , and are similar sized clubs always trying to fight against the bigger clubs.

• Like 1

Saturday's rugby result was predictable given the trajectories of both teams over the last few years, but that's for another thread.

I too am French resident but rural so cannot gauge French urban attitudes. Around here, people are pretty chill about most things - excepting perhaps fuel prices and cost of living generally. So there's praps more in common than that that divides.

• Like 1