Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Very good point. 

At least 3 of their appeals get given as penalties in the PL. 

Yes. Good ref. He used the good old common sense. Much rather this than the endless VAR checks which would have definitely given one of those a penalty.

• Like 4

Brendan at his worst, then best, then worst again. Usual snails pace start, great motivated start to the second haf then invite pressure needlessly to just hang on. Can't complain at the outcome but our abysmal away results in Europe will need to improve from this point. Still there punching. 

• Like 4

All i can say about that was Fuching Phew !

I’ve got no fingernails left after chewing them all off in last 15 min Forgot how much Whinging cheating moaning diving Fuchers in European football, thought Ref had a great game should have sent Omari off for that tackle on Barnes which could have been a bad one for Barnes and a couple more Rennes players escaping cards !!

Quarter finals here we come !!

1 minute ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Wasn't pretty. Didn't create much but we're through from a difficult atmosphere and match and that's really all that matters.

Annoying how we could never create a cauldron of an atmosphere like that especially with the rubbish clappers.

Rennes were good. Moved the ball quickly but didn't really create all that much.

Vestergaard I owe an apology to as he was superb when he came on. Body on line and made some big headers.

On we go. 

Weirdly we created more than them in the first half.

2nd half for about 20-25 mins we seemed to click more and press higher up the pitch. 

It was actually an okay away performance in my opinion. We weren't bad by any stretch. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Horrible team Rennes, they turned into thugs in the first leg when we were winning and then did the same late on in this game. The ref made some odd decisions, should have been a red for the tackle on Barnes and literally no idea why maddison got booked.

Aside from their shithousery, great to get through and we should character and resilience after going 1-0 down so early early absolutely amazing for Fofana to score on his first game back. 

They were lucky to have 11 men on the pitch thought the Ref had a good game didn’t bow down to Rennes cheating whinging etc !!

• Like 1

How nice to win like that. Rennes will probably take the victim card and blame the ref and no VAR, but as the offensive powerhouse of french football, they offered nothing until the last 10 min frenzy where Schmeichel had to make a worldie. Both their goals, I felt were rather fortunate with balls going through defenders legs and getting lucky bounces. We should have been more clinical, so we could have avoided the chaos at the end when the whole of Rennes went full red mist.

Hope Kevin and Wilf are not too bad, as it would be nice to have a run at this thing with something resembling a squad.

I will enjoy this and have a grin of being on the other side of a frustrating end to a footie game. :scarf:

These are the nights that make your realise why we love football…. 

High drama throughout   

Fofana scores on his return  

Massive atmosphere on a European night  

Not able to sit down for the final 6 minutes  

Through a European QF  

loved it….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1