Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

9 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

It's crazy but i don't know a solution. 

On one hand, it's frustrating because you think people have gone to them extremes, and then when an attractive tie comes up, suddenly every one is interested and they don't get a look in.

On the flip side, and I know it's maybe a controversial opinion, I dont necessarily agree with the idea that everyone who went Moscow is a super fan. Same with the other European games.

Yes people have gone to these European games to watch the team, but also a lot have gone because of the reward of visiting some of these places.

I've been to Warsaw & Rennes but hardly any home games this season. Just because I've been to a couple of European games doesn't make me anywhere near as committed to those who go week in week out home and away.

It's one of those, you are never going to please everyone, but if you have to please someone, you have to please the most loyal, which, in the world of football, are season ticket holders.

There will have been plenty of people who went Moscow but haven't been to a game since. Does that make them a 'super fan'?.

(This is coming from a member who had missed out so unbiased)

Yep, but equally that person who's got a ticket ahead of the lad that went to Moscow, could be a first year season ticket holder who's never, ever been to an away game and walks round the corner to the ground every fortnight for something to do at the weekend.

Infinite permutations and "what about" scenarios. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

On one hand, it's frustrating because you think people have gone to them extremes, and then when an attractive tie comes up, suddenly every one is interested and they don't get a look in.

On the flip side, and I know it's maybe a controversial opinion, I dont necessarily agree with the idea that everyone who went Moscow is a super fan. Same with the other European games.

Yes people have gone to these European games to watch the team, but also a lot have gone because of the reward of visiting some of these places.

I've been to Warsaw & Rennes but hardly any home games this season. Just because I've been to a couple of European games doesn't make me anywhere near as committed to those who go week in week out home and away.

It's one of those, you are never going to please everyone, but if you have to please someone, you have to please the most loyal, which, in the world of football, are season ticket holders.

There will have been plenty of people who went Moscow but haven't been to a game since. Does that make them a 'super fan'?.

Fair take tbf- however, would question the allocation of away tickets at the lower bands - particularly when it’s all STH and members. Granted they pay up front for their ST & do commit themselves to a big cost, but if a member has done 10+ aways this season and misses out to a STH who’s done 0 - you can see the frustration. Don’t see it changing any time soon but as you say, can’t please everybody.

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Comfort for anyone who missed out is that we will get plenty IF we have Rome in the semi-final. 

Anyone considering jumping the gun early - the UEFA regulations say it must be 8pm / 9pm local kick off time 

More likely Bodo Glimt.....check their results out against Roma in the Europa this season.  Beat them 6 0 at home  and drew 2 2 in Rome.  ....................We have to up our game considerably to get past PSV first play like we did Randers away 1st half Rennes away can see them turning us over.

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yep, but equally that person who's got a ticket ahead of the lad that went to Moscow, could be a first year season ticket holder who's never, ever been to an away game and walks round the corner to the ground every fortnight for something to do at the weekend.

Infinite permutations and "what about" scenarios. 

This is why away priority should be purely done on how many away games you’ve been to, then all STH and all members should be the last two bands.

Doing that instantly increases the value for money of a membership and surely demand for them as well. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

One of our lads went to every Euro away this season including Moscow, but didn't get one for this lol 

That’s a ****ing disgrace. 

I emailed the club about doing a priority before their normal process for those that had done a European game this season, all they would have to do is say put 5 European aways this season at 8am down to 1 at 1 pm ready for 500+ at 2pm. This is the response I got. 

There is no way someone who went to Moscow this year couldn’t get a ticket to Eindhoven

189ACF26-EB88-4F26-BC64-E57D7E705F62.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

More likely Bodo Glimt.....check their results out against Roma in the Europa this season.  Beat them 6 0 at home  and drew 2 2 in Rome.  ....................We have to up our game considerably to get past PSV first play like we did Randers away 1st half Rennes away can see them turning us over.

Can’t see Mourinho allowing that twice to happen. The game in Norway he fielded a complete second choice team and Roma have improved substantially since. 

More performances like Rennes away will see us progress - we gave up just three shots at goal, scored away from home and outshot them on target. 

One thing that really narks me is the number of no shows I think in Randers there were 52, these tickets could have gone to someone who wanted them, alright I know people have genuine excuses like covid etc, but the club for European aways will not accept returns. Why can't people be put on a waiting list for the European aways if they miss out especially as some will have flights etc sorted

Just now, Foxes1 said:

One thing that really narks me is the number of no shows I think in Randers there were 52, these tickets could have gone to someone who wanted them, alright I know people have genuine excuses like covid etc, but the club for European aways will not accept returns. Why can't people be put on a waiting list for the European aways if they miss out especially as some will have flights etc sorted

I tried to return my Rennes ticket (Covid ) but club said no 

Guest David Oldfields Gate

I do think there is a rational argument for:

A: Having more bands and shorter windows, given that there is a huge surge for 30 seconds and then nothing for four hours. 

B: Weighting priority points. For example (and it is only an example); Euro games 3 points, long haul mid weeks in UK 2 points, normal aways 1 point. Could even extend it so high demand games such as forest maybe not even point worthy as attendance is just reward itself etc etc

Agree it will never be solved but I think it could be a touch cleverer and transparent, certainly with the constant missing tickets issue 

It's a modern issue and I'll be honest I really miss the days of turning up to an away day and paying on the turnstile, but we were sh!t then, so swings and roundabouts!

24 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

True but this is mourinho and Roma in a uefa competition. He won’t make the same mistake twice and Roma are worth far more commercially than bodo gimp 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can’t see Mourinho allowing that twice to happen. The game in Norway he fielded a complete second choice team and Roma have improved substantially since. 

More performances like Rennes away will see us progress - we gave up just three shots at goal, scored away from home and outshot them on target. 

Its a 50/50 for me, they are a good side and have to be totally respected, have to say Rennes were very good technically too, luckily couldn't finish at home.

Some really decent sides left so all have to be respected.

Will be really tough and may come down to luck even (that's not a cliche-a fans view).

If the club want another season of European Football, this is the only way, they must do everything they can to win this trophy. 

Most of our players will be available for this run in aside from Wilf - I'd play Fofana as the holding midfielder in Europe & Cags & Jonny at the back.  Give us more solidity, he's also quick and can pass reasonably well.

11 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Its a 50/50 for me, they are a good side and have to be totally respected, have to say Rennes were very good technically too, luckily couldn't finish at home.

Some really decent sides left so all have to be respected.

Will be really tough and may come down to luck even (that's not a cliche-a fans view).

If the club want another season of European Football, this is the only way, they must do everything they can to win this trophy. 

Most of our players will be available for this run in aside from Wilf - I'd play Fofana as the holding midfielder in Europe & Cags & Jonny at the back.  Give us more solidity, he's also quick and can pass reasonably well.

Oh luck’s a part. It’s European football. The two legged scenarios lend themselves to be clever as much as skillful. Times you’ll have to dig in and that’s what happened in Rennes. 

30 minutes ago, TC1884 said:

Absolutely agree   it's an absolute joke that someone has been to Moscow let alone the others can't get a ticket.  It's not hard to ring fence 25 tkts and offer them first dibs. No one should begrudge that.

I also wrote to the club. European trips are expensive and difficult and should attract more points or ring fencing. I am fuming that someone who went to Moscow should miss out. It's not right. 

This club has shown time after time that it doesn't care about liason / thoughts of the fans.

They know they will sell the tickets, why do they care who it's to.

Love this club, and it's owners, but the inner workings are a shambles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Mate only about 10-15 of us made the trip over from england. So subtracting from that number those that do go to other city games, be interested to know what you define as 'plenty'.

Not disagreeing with your point in general though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Mate only about 10-15 of us made the trip over from england. So subtracting from that number those that do go to other city games, be interested to know what you define as 'plenty'.

Not disagreeing with your point in general though

I get your point,  and perhaps Moscow wasn't the best example, I meant it more as a generalisation for European trips.

I know of someone who went Moscow because it was a 'cool trip' and somewhere off his bucket list. Going to watch Leicester was just an added bonus.

Suddenly he's a super fan, getting invited to the training ground, getting w@nked off by Susan Whelan but he can't even name most the squad!

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I get your point,  and perhaps Moscow wasn't the best example, I meant it more as a generalisation for European trips.

I know of someone who went Moscow because it was a 'cool trip' and somewhere off his bucket list. Going to watch Leicester was just an added bonus.

Suddenly he's a super fan, getting invited to the training ground, getting w@nked off by Susan Whelan but he can't even name most the squad!

Trying to think who that is, given i probably spoke to everyone whilst in moscow. Unless you're talking about my dad?! He still calls james justin 'justin james' and Vestergaard 'max verstappen' AND perez 'andy perez'

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Trying to think who that is, given i probably spoke to everyone whilst in moscow. Unless you're talking about my dad?! He still calls james justin 'justin james' and Vestergaard 'max verstappen' AND perez 'andy perez'

Brings back memories of our supporters singing this at West Ham lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Not sure mate, reckons he lived in Zambia.

• Haha 1