Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

I see the Members Thurs 2pm option has disappeared now.

I guess that means that any seats that pop-up can only be bought by STH, even after 2pm.

Got a mate who is a member and was going to advise him to keep refreshing after 2pm and he may get lucky, but it looks like it won't be an option anyway for members.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

I see the Members Thurs 2pm option has disappeared now.

I guess that means that any seats that pop-up can only be bought by STH, even after 2pm.

Got a mate who is a member and was going to advise him to keep refreshing after 2pm and he may get lucky, but it looks like it won't be an option anyway for members.

They usually go back on sale to the band they sold out at only. 

• Like 3

The biggest issue with our current priority scheme system is that for some strange reason it values having a season ticket over double that of attending every single away game.

Season ticket = 50 points

19*Away Games = 19 points

I've been to over 30 away games over the past 5 seasons but because I got my season ticket in 15/16 and the points are calculated from 14/15 I will always be 50 points behind. Therefore it would take almost 3 seasons of going to every single away game (impossible for all season ticket holders bracket) just to be even with someone with 1 year longer season ticket but no away game history.

I hope that sounds as ridiculous to you as it does to me. Just seems like they plucked 50 points out of thin air.

Season tickets should be only used to ensure you have a seat for every home league game and a reserved seat for every home cup fixture. It should have no bearing on away games.

Priority for away games should be determined by away game history. Perhaps over a rolling 5 year period, and possibly weighting according to difficulty to attend or interest.

Eg.

European away = 5 points

Burnley away on Tuesday = 3 points

Villa away on Saturday = 1 point

P.S. Judging from the number of unclaimed tickets at European away games due to the passport checks catching out ticket resellers, can we please have random ID spot checks at away games. If your ID doesn't match the purchase account then the ticket reseller is banned from away game sales for a year. This will stop people reselling tickets to Southampton on a Friday to collect 3 points.

Edited by Devohn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Fox-66
4 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Flights aren’t cheap but screw it, it’s my first trip out the country since I was at school 🤣. Flying from Birmingham to Amsterdam on 09:15am flight, then will have to get train to Eindhoven, coming back next day on the 21:05 flight from Amsterdam to Birmingham, give chance to have a wonder around 

Can't see a 9:15 am from Birmingham - but maybe it's full. Which airline did you book with?

3 hours ago, William Luk said:

I applied annual leave for the match😔have to cancel my flight ticket and hotel reservation....sad 😔😔😔

Still go mate, it will be a great day and I am sure there will be quite a few now travelling without tickets and watching in bars.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Devohn said:

The biggest issue with our current priority scheme system is that for some strange reason it values having a season ticket over double that of attending every single away game.

I've been to over 30 away games over the past 5 seasons but because I got my season ticket in 15/16 and the points are calculated from 14/15 I will always be 50 points behind. Therefore it would take almost 3 seasons of going to every single away game (impossible for all season ticket holders bracket) just to be even with someone with 1 year longer season ticket but no away game history.

I hope that sounds as ridiculous to you as it does to me. Just seems like they plucked 50 points out of thin air.

Season tickets should be only used to ensure you have a seat for every home league game and a reserved seat for every home cup fixture. It should have no bearing on away games.

Priority for away games should be determined by away game history. Perhaps over a rolling 5 year period, and possibly weighting according to difficulty to attend or interest.

Eg.

European away = 5 points

P.S. Judging from the number of unclaimed tickets at European away games due to the passport checks catching out ticket resellers, can we please have random ID spot checks at away games. If your ID doesn't match the purchase account then the ticket reseller is banned from away game sales for a year. This will stop people reselling tickets to Southampton on a Friday to collect 3 points.

Completely agree mate, luckily I'm on 437 so doesn't really affect me but I've always said that the away scheme needs looking at, maybe sacking off the 50 points for ST and just go off away games only, it's not quite fair that new ST's can do 10 aways in a season and still be nowhere near the next priority band. Think with the points thing the next issue you have is people buying burnley on a Tuesday night purely for the points and not to actually go. 

8 minutes ago, Lukey Boi said:

I have the same - have just emailed them..

We're doomed. My mate who purchased ticket as STH told me that sales would be locked at all ST holders because that was the point at which they first sold out 😶🌫️😶🌫️😶🌫️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Fox-66
13 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Just checked on their website and still 4 available at lowest price from KLM

5709BC9C-92F4-4C86-89EC-7954CC946E4B.jpeg

Thank you. I've just booked the 09:15 out on the Tuesday. Returning on the Saturday on the 12:15. Brilliant - (apart from the price! )

11 minutes ago, William Luk said:

We're doomed. My mate who purchased ticket as STH told me that sales would be locked at all ST holders because that was the point at which they first sold out 😶🌫️😶🌫️😶🌫️

Unfortunately so. Like it says on the last line of info on the Man Utd ticket page. Imagine the PSV game will be updated to say similar.

mufc.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Devohn said:

Eg.

European away = 5 points

Eg.

European away = 5 points

& European away [without a ticket] 6 points 😶

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Burgess Hill Fox said:

I just managed to grab one but no idea how I'm going to get there. Does anyone who's driving have a space in the car?

I might have a return flight that you could buy off me if my son chooses not to go, as he didn't get a ticket ?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Comfort for anyone who missed out is that we will get plenty IF we have Rome in the semi-final. 

Anyone considering jumping the gun early - the UEFA regulations say it must be 8pm / 9pm local kick off time 

Were only entitled to 5% which is 4,000 unless Roma choose to give us more.

Then again, we could end up with 300 from Bodo Glimpt 

3 hours ago, Devohn said:

Eg.

European away = 5 points

I agree with this. My 8 Yr old son only got his season ticket this year. But goes to nearly all away games. 

He misses out though in games like forest as someone who has attended 15 away games over the last 8 years jumps the queue. He does that many in one season, if not more. 

Thankfully, he is coming with me to Eindhoven. 

Also, a friend and I have around 550 points each, we worked out that we could not bother going to an away game for 4 years and still be top priority, if the current system was to  remain in place. Really doesn't seem fair.

As you say, weighted points and perhaps a shorter history for away priority may work better. 

• Like 2