Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

20 minutes ago, coolcol said:

I might have a return flight that you could buy off me if my son chooses not to go, as he didn't get a ticket ?

Sorry your son wasn't able to get a ticket Col.

What flight is he booked on? If it's the Ryanair from Stanstead to Eindhoven then I think it might be difficult because they charge a fortune to change name details on tickets.

4 minutes ago, Burgess Hill Fox said:

Sorry your son wasn't able to get a ticket Col.

What flight is he booked on? If it's the Ryanair from Stanstead to Eindhoven then I think it might be difficult because they charge a fortune to change name details on tickets.

We are going to try and get tickets in the home end, so he may still fly. Well know everything by tomorrow.

I believe Ryanair charge £45 to change names ?

It's Stansted to Eindhoven 1.55 on the Wednesday and fly back 9am on the Friday.

43 minutes ago, William Luk said:

I'll be there. My Dutch mate is Leicester supporter. He is looking for home fans tickets. 

My daughter who is half dutch and lives there said she looked this morning and PSV home are sold out and are going for silly money on tickets sites

Guest David Oldfields Gate
29 minutes ago, Bristol fox .... said:

Just go out and have a piss up and take in the atmosphere 

Seconded.

1 hour ago, ianormondroyd said:

I agree with this. My 8 Yr old son only got his season ticket this year. But goes to nearly all away games. 

He misses out though in games like forest as someone who has attended 15 away games over the last 8 years jumps the queue. He does that many in one season, if not more. 

Thankfully, he is coming with me to Eindhoven. 

Also, a friend and I have around 550 points each, we worked out that we could not bother going to an away game for 4 years and still be top priority, if the current system was to  remain in place. Really doesn't seem fair.

As you say, weighted points and perhaps a shorter history for away priority may work better. 

One very lucky 8 year old.

Edited by hackneyfox

38 minutes ago, Bristol fox .... said:

Just go out and have a piss up and take in the atmosphere 

There was a comment on another thread saying some Norwegian ultras sneaked (snuck?) into the Randers away game. I find that baffling but if you’re going out there anyway worth a try to sneak in? 

• Like 2

Does anyone know how you change the name on a European ticket? Is it just a matter of ringing up the club.

I share my season ticket with my brother, got a ticket for Eindhoven, he can't go because of work. I can just bring his passport with me, but would prefer to not. 

17 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

There was a comment on another thread saying some Norwegian ultras sneaked (snuck?) into the Randers away game. I find that baffling but if you’re going out there anyway worth a try to sneak in? 

I know it is different in Holland to Spain, but for the Seville & Madrid games the hotels I was in had tickets for the games, ok in the home end but may be worth asking at the hotel, or take a walk around the ground in the morning

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 minutes ago, SamA27 said:

Does anyone know how you change the name on a European ticket? Is it just a matter of ringing up the club.

I share my season ticket with my brother, got a ticket for Eindhoven, he can't go because of work. I can just bring his passport with me, but would prefer to not. 

I'd be tempted to go down in person and be your best bumbling apologetic Boris Johnson, much harder for them to say No if in person.

18 minutes ago, SamA27 said:

Do you look like him? 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Do you look like him? 

Randers and Rennes I just took his passport, no one battered an eye lid.

But saw something on twitter a few days ago about people changing the names on there vouchers to friends ones before they go. So was thinking of doing the same.

1 minute ago, SamA27 said:

But saw something on twitter a few days ago about people changing the names on there vouchers to friends ones before they go. So was thinking of doing the same.

Just take his passport and pretend to be him. If you try to change it and tell them it’ll probably flag up and they’ll look at you twice. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I’d imagine PSV have a slightly more advanced entry system than Randers had though. 

32 minutes ago, SamA27 said:

So this will be the third time you got your ticket in his name?!? He isn’t having much luck getting time off your brother!!!

• Haha 2

Dutch PSV fan here (but living in Watford and enjoyed the couple of times i went to a leicester game altho my hands did less after with those weird clappers) with some info for those looking for home tickets. It's indeed sold out right now so only option will be basically Viagogo. Direct link to the the game is PSV Eindhoven vs Leicester - European Club Conference 2021-2022 Quarter Final Philips Stadion Eindhoven Tickets | Thu 14 Apr 2022 - viagogo . However: when you go to the link with UK IP it won't show up (due to the reselling rules in GB). If however you use VPN with Dutch IP or any other ip basically from Europe it does work. Tickets come at a +++ price obv. but atleast they are valid tickets. Basically only way to go as on the day there isn't a 'ticket touting culture' in Holland so not much chance to just grab one off the streets basically.  Cheapest ticket right now is 178 EUR for single and 220+ for double tickets. Not much on offer and doubt there will be much offered closer to the date sadly. 

Some other tips: If you want to see your team leave before the game almost every single away team stays at the 'Pullman cocagne' right in the city centre. Few hours before the game you will see the team bus waiting to pick up the team there. And at the night before they probably will enjoy a fireworks show for free offered by the fans of PSV :D 

City is easily reachable from other cities in Holland so if you can't find a hotel in Eindhoven it's easy to travel from AMS/Utrecht/Den Bosch etc. And due to the 'early' kick-off time there won't be any issue going back either. 

Edited by PSVWford
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, glar84 said:

I’d imagine PSV have a slightly more advanced entry system than Randers had though. 

Automatic turnstiles indeed with ticket scanning before it opens. And at the away end even more security. It's not Wembley :D 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, coolcol said:

We are going to try and get tickets in the home end, so he may still fly. Well know everything by tomorrow.

I believe Ryanair charge £45 to change names ?

It's Stansted to Eindhoven 1.55 on the Wednesday and fly back 9am on the Friday.

If you self-serve online, the name change fee fee amounts to £115 if you booked both flights together on the same booking reference number. But if you booked the flights under two separate reservations numbers it is £115 per flight.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

We’re on the early flight on the Wednesday morning from Stansted, parking is a bit steep for three days! Has anyone ever used that parking on a driveway site before? Is there any chance of being ripped off because it seems way cheaper :dunno:

I have used driveway parking many a time but for airports, you are usually better off using hotel parking which is advertised on the same sites.

Find Parking Spaces, Car Parks & Driveways for Rent - YourParkingSpace

I always use the above site and you can usually get parking at Premier Inn's that are walking distance to airport terminals. Always found it works flawlessly and very easy, just make sure you choose somewhere with reviews. When i flew to Gatwick it cost me £20 instead of £80 on official parking sites.

This one will be good for you;

Parking at Premier Inn London Stansted Airport, CM24, London Stansted Airport (yourparkingspace.co.uk)

Always found the Premier Inn's good via that app.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2