Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

4 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

We’re on the early flight on the Wednesday morning from Stansted, parking is a bit steep for three days! Has anyone ever used that parking on a driveway site before? Is there any chance of being ripped off because it seems way cheaper :dunno:

We used 'Just Park' for Rennes. We ended up parking at the Novotel in Stansted airport airport, for ½ the price the airport would have charged.

We have n't used it yet for a private driveway.

6 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

We’re on the early flight on the Wednesday morning from Stansted, parking is a bit steep for three days! Has anyone ever used that parking on a driveway site before? Is there any chance of being ripped off because it seems way cheaper :dunno:

Yes we parked on a drive at Wembley 5 mins from stadium . There are quite a few park on my drive apps. I ve never had a problem with them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Unfortunately the premier inn parking is sold out the dates we go! But cheers guys I’ll go ahead and use them then, do you have to leave your keys? 

I'm parking at pines Hill near Stansted,  its a hotel and is costing 12 quid for 3 days and you keep hold if your keys . Booked through your parking space.co.uk 

• Like 2

Just now, body102 said:

I'm parking at pines Hill near Stansted,  its a hotel and is costing 12 quid for 3 days and you keep hold if your keys . Booked through your parking space.co.uk 

Train from Stansted Mountfitchet is 13 quid return for 2 of us 

8 hours ago, Devohn said:

The biggest issue with our current priority scheme system is that for some strange reason it values having a season ticket over double that of attending every single away game.

Season ticket = 50 points

19*Away Games = 19 points

I've been to over 30 away games over the past 5 seasons but because I got my season ticket in 15/16 and the points are calculated from 14/15 I will always be 50 points behind. Therefore it would take almost 3 seasons of going to every single away game (impossible for all season ticket holders bracket) just to be even with someone with 1 year longer season ticket but no away game history.

I hope that sounds as ridiculous to you as it does to me. Just seems like they plucked 50 points out of thin air.

Season tickets should be only used to ensure you have a seat for every home league game and a reserved seat for every home cup fixture. It should have no bearing on away games.

Priority for away games should be determined by away game history. Perhaps over a rolling 5 year period, and possibly weighting according to difficulty to attend or interest.

Eg.

European away = 5 points

Burnley away on Tuesday = 3 points

Villa away on Saturday = 1 point

P.S. Judging from the number of unclaimed tickets at European away games due to the passport checks catching out ticket resellers, can we please have random ID spot checks at away games. If your ID doesn't match the purchase account then the ticket reseller is banned from away game sales for a year. This will stop people reselling tickets to Southampton on a Friday to collect 3 points.

I am in exactly the same boat as you.  Gone to a decent amount of aways over the last 4 to 5 years but only just passed 400pts, so couldn't get to the Cup final, Man Utd coz it ended at 405.  All you can do is play the game and get to the aways you can.  Hope to be 415+ next season or whatever that equivalent is.

Though with all the home seasons ST's you could go to both Charity Shield's and 3 other away games across last 7 seasons and you would be in the 405 group, so likely to get almost all away's over the last few years.

I have mentioned this a number of times over the last few years, sadly there probably is no right way to sort this.  Current system is lacking but not sure what the best answer is.

Maybe other home tickets as well e.g. Cup games Fleetwood LC, Brighton LC, Birmingham FAC etc. so above and beyond (you've paid more, so committed to team and club etc.) the 50pts should actually carry some weight, its an above and beyond + the away ratings/points as you suggest.

Systems are so clever these days in the world of AI/ML etc.  I am sure scorings and calc's can be accrued and recognised in some way in some ticketing package.

36 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

We have used Just Park many times and it’s very cheap. Didn’t have to leave keys and in fact never even saw home owner on a couple of occasions. 
https://www.justpark.com/

58 minutes ago, David Baker said:

Sold out and hearing at least 1000 travelling without tickets so will be rocking 

Looks like drinking around the trafalgar pub and that area 

I used to work in Netherlands as a Journalist during pandemic. Einhoven had a massive riot and I was there for news report. Some of them wearing PSV kit and throw rock to the Riot police and Water cannon 😆😆😆

tbh we have to stay alert in the city 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
9 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

I'm sure there was a helpful post on the Rennes forum about parking at Stansted mountfitchet (?), Which is just down the road so no difference to waiting for the shuttle but the overall cost is lower.

I remember seeing it and thinking what a great travel tip, perhaps if the original poster could share again for you all flying from there.

49 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

I'm sure there was a helpful post on the Rennes forum about parking at Stansted mountfitchet (?), Which is just down the road so no difference to waiting for the shuttle but the overall cost is lower.

I remember seeing it and thinking what a great travel tip, perhaps if the original poster could share again for you all flying from there.

@BroughtonFox

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/locations/show/4294948832

Use the above link on either your mobile phone or desktop & book your time frame for parking.

You put your registration in and it will automatically be added to their parking system so that the barriers open when you arrive and leave. There's no need to speak with hotel reception or anything, everything is already done for you.

There's other similar alternatives but so long as the have reviews like above, it will be a cheap, safe & effortless parking experience.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

Unfortunately the premier inn parking is sold out the dates we go! But cheers guys I’ll go ahead and use them then, do you have to leave your keys? 

It might not be. We had the same when went to Napoli and were staying in the Premier Inn. Rocked up and car park half empty even though it said sold out online. Paid for parking on the machine in the lobby. Can always book airport parking if that goes wrong on arrival. 

1 hour ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

I did it for Randers. Parked on an unrestricted local road in Stansted Mountfitchet (was 5 min walk to station). Just worth noting that if you are on an early flight, it leaves it tight as the first train gets into Stansted Airport at around 05:40, also worth checking how late they run if returning late evening. I'll post the link below that I used:

https://roadtripheroes.com/free-parking-london-stansted-airport/

Just reading that it looks like residents have cottoned on to it and are a bit annoyed. However, the guide above gives many tips. There are also other airports and cities listed on said website which could help for non-Stansted travel.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

There was a comment on another thread saying some Norwegian ultras sneaked (snuck?) into the Randers away game. I find that baffling but if you’re going out there anyway worth a try to sneak in? 

one steward on turnstiles at randers saw few leic lads get in without tickets 

Owing to my work I've only been able to attend this fixture and Moscow away - which I made.

Sadly, they sold out before members sale so I'm just going for the jolly. We'll get the ferry and enjoy the day in Eindhoven.

What's the likelihood of spares and returns going on sale via the ticketing website? Slim to none, I'd imagine...

45 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Owing to my work I've only been able to attend this fixture and Moscow away - which I made.

Sadly, they sold out before members sale so I'm just going for the jolly. We'll get the ferry and enjoy the day in Eindhoven.

What's the likelihood of spares and returns going on sale via the ticketing website? Slim to none, I'd imagine...

I’ve wondered what they do with the no show tickets, does anybody know? Do they try to pass them onto fans who may be there without a ticket? Think I seen something previous about a number of no shows to Rennes 

49 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

I’ve wondered what they do with the no show tickets, does anybody know? Do they try to pass them onto fans who may be there without a ticket? Think I seen something previous about a number of no shows to Rennes 

Yes they dispose of them won’t resell or anything. They say it’s from UEFA regs they are following. I say they are just thick and have no idea how to do a proper job 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lukey Boi said:

Emailed told me to ring.. guy on the phone had no idea & told me to email.. no response to the email. Back to square one for the ticket office being shite 

You know when you’ve been Donna’d

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

Used it to park at Wembley for cup final and Comm shield, no problems👍

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Eindhoven Wednesday and Thursday night for me, then a last hurrah in Amsterdam on the Friday night. I'm Billy no mates again so if I hear a lestah accent expect me to start talking to you, I'm not shy to buy a round either.

If we don't cack up the first leg, this has the potential to be one of the all time great nights for me -  getting into the semis of a euro competition beating PSV, wow.