Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

22 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

For me, Poland and France both cost me around £300 all in and that included spending money, airport parking etc.

Having missed out on some of the cheap flights available at the very beginning,  this is already looking like £550 all in.

For me, it's weighing up this match, and a day in Eindhoven,  is worth nearly £600.

I am certainly more reluctant for this one but the temptation is still strong with not wanting to miss another European adventure. 

For me, if tickets didn't make members that would be a blessing in disguise because it would make my decision for me!

Plus, there's only so many times I can leave the Mrs with our toddler under the disguise that this is a once in a life time trip for the 'Champions League'.

Think that sums it up perfectly.  And its a big risk to tray and book everything without the guarantee of a ticket and you are down the points.

Then the travel costs go up (a lot sometimes) and the simple travel approaches go, so you are travelling more with more complications i.e. direct from Stansted, now it Birmingham or Bristol then a train from Schiphol etc..  So it probably costs you £100+ more per person because you have to wait.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think we all make the mistake of overestimating our European away support, every game we think there's going to be a mad scramble but the tickets sell pretty slowly throughout. This will definitely make STHs now and members should get a chance as well.

Let's hope so...

I am all STH tomorrow a.m. And my son is members at 2pm 🤞🤞

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I'll be fuming if all the band 1s get interested for the final. 

Should have a band for those who have already been to the aways. 

I would hope and expect not. Picking up tickets at the host city is a god send for this which I fully support, makes it proper fans only plus no points swapping. Funny how on these threads you don’t see ‘can’t make the game due to a flying ferret gnawing my left thumb out of its socket meaning I can’t physically hold my ticket so three tickets available please lads’

I guess those who can’t make it do the responsible thing and return their tickets to the club and back into the pot 

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I would hope and expect not. Picking up tickets at the host city is a god send for this which I fully support, makes it proper fans only plus no points swapping. Funny how on these threads you don’t see ‘can’t make the game due to a flying ferret gnawing my left thumb out of its socket meaning I can’t physically hold my ticket so three tickets available please lads’

I guess those who can’t make it do the responsible thing and return their tickets to the club and back into the pot 

Totally agree, but I wonder how many people panic buy their ticket and then decide if they can / want to go.

7 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Unless you pay for a box and as far as I know with this you can bypass the sale and get any name printed on a ticket.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
6 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Totally agree, but I wonder how many people panic buy their ticket and then decide if they can / want to go.

My guess is as high as fifty for each game so far, but only based on chit chat  / empty seats etc

Guest David Oldfields Gate

For those on cost saving duty, Friday night hotels in Amsterdam are ridiculous money because of Easter no doubt, so bear in mind for flying back that way etc. 

Agree with others that what seems straightforward at the time of draw isn't so much when you look into to he options / costs / Easter demand etc

27 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

True, then they should do the responsible thing by other fans, but more importantly their own wallets (!!) and return the tickets to lcfc. I wouldn’t be able to sleep for a month knowing I’d handed over £30 odd of my hard earned to some stinking French/Spanish/insert EU country here club for no reason 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Unless you pay for a box and as far as I know with this you can bypass the sale and get any name printed on a ticket.

This is correct but a limited amount of tickets are allocated to corporate customers depending on levels. Two per box holder and one for lower levels of corporate I think. Any name can be given by the corporate box/seat owner for these tickets like you say. It doesn't have to be the owner of the corporate package/seat.

13 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

True, then they should do the responsible thing by other fans, but more importantly their own wallets (!!) and return the tickets to lcfc. I wouldn’t be able to sleep for a month knowing I’d handed over £30 odd of my hard earned to some stinking French/Spanish/insert EU country here club for no reason 

Do the club allow you to return the ticket though? I spoke about this in another topic when a few lads said they couldn't make it due to COVID, some have valid reasons but others buy the tickets expecting flights to decrease but that doesn't always happen.

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Do the club allow you to return the ticket though? I spoke about this in another topic when a few lads said they couldn't make it due to COVID, some have valid reasons but others buy the tickets expecting flights to decrease but that doesn't always happen.

I think once the final sale date has passed the club will not accept them back. I tried for my Rennes ticket but was told tough luck no refund or return .

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeh you can always get your money back, it's 2022, the digital age! If the club do not accept a very valid reason (covid) then keep calling them or get your local MP and citizens advice involved. If not, claim back from your card company. One positive coming out of this two-year plus mess is that the power is now firmly in the hands of the consumer.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
48 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Any name can be given by the corporate box/seat owner for these tickets like you say. It doesn't have to be the owner of the corporate package/seat.

They'd have to at least be a member though. Someone I know tried to do this for napoli and it was blocked.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

33 minutes ago, PSV fan said:

Hi all,

Hopefully I'm allowed to post a message here. I'm a PSV fan and buzzing for some weeks for these fixtures. Will be (in my opinion) a 50/50 who advance to the semi-finals. 

As I see a lot (un)answered questions I would like to clarify some situation which differs from Engeland

Train travelling
In The Netherlands there is not a sytem with cheap advance singles/returns and expensive tickets on the day itself. All routes are on a fixed price and it doesn't matter the day or time you book or take the train. You can buy tickets on the station and there is generally no queue for it. If you are travelling in groups of 9+ people, you could make use a 'NS dagretour' but requires that the full group travel to and from the same station and is not available during rush hours. 

City centre

Eindhoven is quite a small town and everything is easily reachable by foot. It has not much to offer besides some museums (Philips museum - history about the company and the city, DAF museum - car museum and van Abbe museum - Art museum). But who cares if you are on an European trip?! Usually the away fans will have the 'markt' including the Irish pub as their hub mixed with a few more relaxed PSV fans joining in. The markt has basically everything what you need. Beers, pub food and some fast food companies. Typical home fans areas on the day (and night!) are the Stratumseind street (pub street) and Wilhelmina plein. Specially around the Stratumseindstreet the police will monitor this strictly and keep away fans off this street. 

Stadium

The stadium is about 10 minutes walking from the city centre. The away fans are located in the North West corner (block MM) and have in general a poor/restricted view. You are able to see the pitch, but the roof will cover the rest of the stadium. For domestic games the away end is turned into two halves if they away team is not selling out their allocation. Leicester will of course have both ends and there is a pathway in between the ends. 

Nightlife

Thursday night is the student night in Eindhoven. Most of the busy pubs will be located on Stratumseind, but as it's a home end area, leave any of your Leicester shirts in the hotel or you might be refused at the pub or even at the street entrance by the police. 

If there are more questions, I'm happy to guide you through it. 

May the best team win...

Good post, much appreciated. I hope that you enjoy the game next Thursday (if you are travelling). 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Money issue and also annual leave as well. Plus for some once you've seen us in Europe two or three times it's no different the next, it's not like when we got CL for the first time or Europe for the first time in 15 years etc.

Seems to be a core of about 500 that do most of the aways then a few hundred different people for each trip, from my experience anyway.

8am for me tomorrow, so it's looking good.

Problem for two of my lads is not the money so much, but the fact that it’s a Thursday and Friday off.

Own greasy spoons / cafes where Fridays are manic and a must work day. No problem when we were in the Champions League, but this time around, it’s just two of us going, instead of four in 2017. 

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Any idea what hotels are miles out of the centre just to give us an idea where our ticket collection will be?

This is one of the few occasions where I wouldn't mind collection being at the ground. Which means it almost certainly won't be.

• Haha 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
14 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Any idea what hotels are miles out of the centre just to give us an idea where our ticket collection will be?

Randers wasn't too bad to be fair.

They were also pretty understanding of people being late after trains got cancelled