Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

He looked quite good today. Did indeed look like a hybrid between Ndidi and Tielemans and will be pushing for a place from the outset. Will be interesting to see if we stick to 4231 or go 433 and replace Maddison with him or shift Maddison to wide right and put him in the team. Or we could go 532 and have Kelechi and Vardy but keep a 3 man midfield. Depends I guess on how Harvey Barnes does, who didn't play today.

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He looked quite good today. Did indeed look like a hybrid between Ndidi and Tielemans and will be pushing for a place from the outset. Will be interesting to see if we stick to 4231 or go 433 and replace Maddison with him or shift Maddison to wide right and put him in the team. Or we could go 532 and have Kelechi and Vardy but keep a 3 man midfield. Depends I guess on how Harvey Barnes does, who didn't play today.

I really hope Maddison isn't shifted to the wing, he's played well there about once in 20 games, it's such a waste.

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

He plays like a cross between Ndidi and Tielemans. He looks assured, has intelligent movement and looks physically ready for the PL. 

Was very impressed with him in the last preseason game. Looked class on the ball and covers ground so easily.

Will be the next big find by Leicester's recruitment team I think. Although he was actually reasonably well known - don't know how we managed to get him for the fee we paid

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s meant to play along side Ndidi not instead of him

Seems a bit denfensive to me. Maybe Soumare will create more. I've only watched him in one match.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

He plays like a cross between Ndidi and Tielemans. He looks assured, has intelligent movement and looks physically ready for the PL. 

Admittedly I've not seen a great deal of him, but from what I have seen he looks more of a cross between Youri and Kante. Kante's ball carrying skills are massively under rated and his ability to turn defence into attack 6 years ago was a big plus for us

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Almost definitely going to play a midfield 3 of Soumare, Ndidi and Tielemans against the top teams. Probably with a front three of Maddison, Vardy/Daka and Barnes.

Can't quite see that personally. Madders won't provide any width and I'm not sure pushing Tielemans further forward or to one side will help us either.

4 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

How on earth do we get Soumare, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, Iheanacho & Daka into the same team?

Great problem to have though! 

We won’t - we need to have second and third high quality options in each position should we wish to compete on all fronts this season ahead.

Preseason is usually not a good time to judge players but Soumare is probably the only player that’s looked good in both games he’s played. Usually our young players look like they have potential but need time to work on their game. Bouba looks like he’s ready right now! Unsurprising given he’s just won a title perhaps but I was still impressed regardless. 

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Almost definitely going to play a midfield 3 of Soumare, Ndidi and Tielemans against the top teams. Probably with a front three of Maddison, Vardy/Daka and Barnes.

We need to get this right. We were appalling vs the top sides with 4 at the back but dropping one of our wingers in our 4-2-3-1 for another central midfielder. Last season we had very good results vs the big 6 either with 3 at the back in the 1st half of the season or then being bang in form in late December through to February and didn't drop a winger and took it to them.

Soumare looks like he's thr physical box to box type that will help us in certain games but I'm not so sure having Maddison on either wing works, that's why we need an equivalent of Barnes on the right wing.