Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

On 12/12/2021 at 17:21, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

This fella has really regressed in the last 5 weeks. He looks like someone who is missing his girlfriend, mother and mates. Just looks unhappy with his lot. He has technical ability. But we won't being see much of that until his confidence comes back. Huggles for Bouba!!

I think that's just his natural demeanor. Some people look miserable when happy. Think he might be one. 

Other than one very lazy short pass to an oppo player, I thought that he did a decent enough job. Jury still out for me. 

He's a good example of why players should join our club. Hate to think how he would've been destroyed by now at somewhere like arsenal. 

In a midfield containing Shelvey, it's almost impossible to be outworked, so while it's promising that he wasn't, we definitely need to see him against a midfield that's actually capable of running.

I did love his backhell against Napoli though! On the ball I've seen enough to think he's got the raw materials there, off the ball he's been awful though and we need him doing the off the ball work as a bare minimum.

• Like 4

On 12/12/2021 at 17:48, whoareyaaa said:

I think that's his problem at the minute does seem slightly overweight.. he is a good player but needs to lose a few pounds

I've wondered this, he does look like he lumbers a bit at times. Hopefully it's identified and it gives him a bit more mobility because at the moment he just seems to drift around.

Taller centre mids like Toure, Viera, Gerrard have all seemed a lot more mobile, I was hoping to see some of their strengths in him from the highlights I'd seen.

The guys young and in a new country though, I'm happy to give him well into next season. He's shown some of what he can do, I love how he shields the ball as it comes across him and takes it on the turn to move forward, I want to see more of that. He's either lacking confidence or he's been instructed to be more conservative for now.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 18:52, Steve Earle said:

I’ve never had any doubt that he’ll be a fine player for us. He lost his way a little recently,  which is only to be expected in his first season in the Premier League, but looked decent again today. KDH starts ahead of him for now, but we’ll need both this month

I think that is a perfect review, I really ratted him for his 1st half a dozen games but last half a dozen have been poor.

He'll come again though & looks to have lots of ability, some have said needs a good pre season with us and just to pick up the pace of the Premier League better.

Needs to work MUCH harder off the ball too, jogging back when dispossessed etc. is a non starter.

Really hope it works for him and us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Problem is he's auxiliary to any attacks and auxiliary defensively, he's a bit of a luxury we can't afford. He clearly has ability but he just doesn't have enough key attributes.

pYVLQCV.jpg

L8guWPB.jpg

Analytics and stats aren't the be all and end all but throughout his whole career he's not been a hugely influential player. As many pressures as Tielemans, famously not very athletic or aggressive off the ball and about as offensive as Ndidi.

He's 22 and in a new league but I think the idea of him coming good (as in very good) is probably fanciful.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Problem is he's auxiliary to any attacks and auxiliary defensively, he's a bit of a luxury we can't afford. He clearly has ability but he just doesn't have enough key attributes.

pYVLQCV.jpg

L8guWPB.jpg

Analytics and stats aren't the be all and end all but throughout his whole career he's not been a hugely influential player. As many pressures as Tielemans, famously not very athletic or aggressive off the ball and about as offensive as Ndidi.

He's 22 and in a new league but I think the idea of him coming good (as in very good) is probably fanciful.

he must be good at something statistically, we must have signed him for a reason

i have been really critical of him but there must be something there, he has shown glimpses

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

pYVLQCV.jpg

L8guWPB.jpg

Pretty sure if you throw up Vardy stats at 22, you wouldn't think he would score over a 100+ goals in the PL.

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Pretty sure if you throw up Vardy stats at 22, you wouldn't think he would score over a 100+ goals in the PL.

"Pretty sure if I use the example of the most exceptional improvement of any footballer in the last 20 years I'll prove him wrong" :ph34r:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

Most of the teams in that league would struggle in The Championship!

Well you have PSG and Lille in the last 16 of the Champs league 

Lyon and Monaco in the last 32 of the EL 

Marseille and Rennes in the last 32 ECL. 

So I think that's 6 that would be fine in the Championship ;)

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

"Pretty sure if I use the example of the most exceptional improvement of any footballer in the last 20 years I'll prove him wrong" :ph34r:

Just the most straightforward example, you can find 100s of footballers who were average at 20 and improved to be world-beaters, and you can find lots of world-beaters at 20 who are crap in the prime of their career. 

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think with @coolhandfox it's a case of "unless you're wildly optimistic about any facet of the club, you're probably wrong" :D

Easy tiger.

I'm not keen on the goal music and clappers :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Easy tiger.

I'm not keen on the goal music and clappers :thumbup:

Haha! That's a good start :D

I'm just joking around anyway mate, I have a fair few disagreements on here with people including yourself, but I don't consider my opinion to be factual or the correct way of thinking. I appreciate everyone elses opinions, life is too short to get upset because people don't agree with you :)

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha! That's a good start :D

I'm just joking around anyway mate, I have a fair few disagreements on here with people including yourself, but I don't consider my opinion to be factual or the correct way of thinking. I appreciate everyone elses opinions, life is too short to get upset because people don't agree with you :)

SLB

:whistle:

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well, I've gotta admit, that one was has gone right over my head! haha 

Even more annoying that @ARM1968 appears to know what it means lol

I was joking mate. He’s basically expressed his undying love and respect for you. He’s genuinely a very nice guy and you have to admit, the world would be a boring place if we all shared the same views and opinions. 🤣

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I was joking mate. He’s basically expressed his undying love and respect for you. He’s genuinely a very nice guy and you have to admit, the world would be a boring place if we all shared the same views and opinions. 🤣

I have a lot of time for HPF, I just genuinely have no idea what SLB means, other than Benfica lol

Totally agree on that, I'll happily chat with someone who I disagree with, that is a respectful decent person, than someone who agrees with me but is a bit of dick in how they talk to people.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

@filbertwayThere was a running joke a while back where the friendly dismissal using this acronym (sounds like b**locks) was being used in good humour... 

Haha that one clearly passed me by :D

I apologise that you had to explain that, nothing worse than having to explain a joke lol

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I have a lot of time for HPF, I just genuinely have no idea what SLB means, other than Benfica lol

Totally agree on that, I'll happily chat with someone who I disagree with, that is a respectful decent person, than someone who agrees with me but is a bit of dick in how they talk to people.

Ohh I agree 😂