Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

10 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I actually thought he did ok, and I’m one of his biggest critics. Still far too slow on the ball a couple of times which could’ve cost us, but otherwise solid I thought.

I thought that was the big issue with him to be honest. A couple of times he took the ball from our defence, and straight away he was closed down by three Liverpool players. If we are going to attempt playing through a press, he has to be much quicker.

At Lille he was good dribbler and an above average passer, everything else was average or actually a bit concerning.

He’s not creative enough to play in a 2 in midfield as the supporting midfielder, nor is he good enough defensively to be the holder. A midfielder that can only play in a 3 is a bad buy at c. £20m.

I said at the time Cheick Doucoure was was more like the player we needed, Anguissa could have been an option if we moved quickly too.

• Like 1

Got all the tools but as others have said, it's just the pace and physicality of the game that's too much for him right now.

If he works hard and has his head screwed on he'll be fine as ironically, he has the raw attributes of pace and power so it's just about putting the hard yards in to adapt.

He doesn’t do anything well for me…

doesn’t use his physical size at all..

doesn’t carry the ball like we thought he would.

Fails to react to any danger (jones tonight  getting into the box)

not great in the air..

his first season in the PL which for some reason we have to give allowances for , but I dont see anything so far that makes me think he will improve us.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nettle said:

Unless he picks up the pace of the premier league he's always going to remain shit. He puts his foot on top of the ball everytime it comes into him for some reason and slows everything down. 

...you have to ask the question what is it that has caused this player to be performing like he is!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nettle said:

Different league unfortunately 

....that is true, he was in the team that won the league, a tier one league that has produced top class players ,it is not a weak league!!!

The difference would be style of play as opposed to the strength of the league, and he looks like he can play in any league, but needs to be the main man and dictate the game. I am not sure what is holding him back, because what he is doing in games for us, is not what he does normally.

I don’t think we should be looking at a young lad with potential and a bit of skill to be the one to lead the way. We SHOULD have  some experienced heads in our team. Internationals. Those are the sought we should be looking to in the lean months.

Just thinking again about his performance tonight, I wasn't impressed but he looked so unsure, I wonder if he is literally unclear about exactly what he is supposed to be doing...in which case that's a tactical failure. I do wonder as he didn't seem sure where to run or who to track.

A concern that Liverpool had clearly identified him as a weak point in our team.

15 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Just thinking again about his performance tonight, I wasn't impressed but he looked so unsure, I wonder if he is literally unclear about exactly what he is supposed to be doing...in which case that's a tactical failure. I do wonder as he didn't seem sure where to run or who to track.

A concern that Liverpool had clearly identified him as a weak point in our team.

....true...!!!

It is strange that after all this time here, he still does not track the opponents runners and this happens over and over again. It is then that you think, what is it that causes a player with his positivity and skillset to be so ineffective for us. It therefore must come down to how he has been coached, and directed at our club, leading to the inability of our coaching staff to correct these very obvious traits.

If he fails to track runners in his first game, that should be sorted and corrected for the next game he plays. We however have not curtailed his poor judgment and it is either weakness by the coaches or something they have not picked up on, either way it is inexcusable!!

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....true...!!!

It is strange that after all this time here, he still does not track the opponents runners and this happens over and over again. It is then that you think, what is it that causes a player with his positivity and skillset to be so ineffective for us. It therefore must come down to how he has been coached, and directed at our club, leading to the inability of our coaching staff to correct these very obvious traits.

If he fails to track runners in his first game, that should be sorted and corrected for the next game he plays. We however have not curtailed his poor judgment and it is either weakness by the coaches or something they have not picked up on, either way it is inexcusable!!

There was a point in the match tonight where the ball bounced around 5m away from him, and he just stood there looking it as a Liverpool player ran in, collected it, and carried it up the pitch. Soumare just jogged slowly after him.

Unfortunately, for me, he has real vibes of the terrible signings we made the summer after winning the league.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you have to ask the question what is it that has caused this player to be performing like he is!!!

That video is a million miles away from what we are seeing in the Premier League. Either he hasn't made the step up, or the coaching team and tactics are not supporting him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

There was a point in the match tonight where the ball bounced around 5m away from him, and he just stood there looking it as a Liverpool player ran in, collected it, and carried it up the pitch. Soumare just jogged slowly after him.

Unfortunately, for me, he has real vibes of the terrible signings we made the summer after winning the league.

....it is as if there are two different players!!!

It is so hard to equate what we are seeing at the moment with the player in the show reel.