Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

Don’t get him, can’t see how he’ll ever fit into our team under Brendan

Don’t want to right him off completely, but this his style of breaking lines through ball carrying is not very us atm. And being asked to play the way he is, he looks horrendous 

Guest Kopfkino

Absolutely no idea why people jump to judge players like this so quickly. Vestergaard I get, he’s shit and we’ve seen that he’s shit for 3 years in the PL now.

I get you have to say over the top stupid things to get noticed on the internet, we all do it, but to say you can’t work out he’ll EVER get into our team at the age of 22 and after a handful of games is absolutely nuts.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Let not dress it any other way. He was hideous tonight. Doesn't mean he won't come good,  but tonight was a chastening night for him 

I don’t confess to watch much french football, from a 3:22 YouTube video, I think I worked out he played mostly as a centre mid in a 2? He just looks lost to me, in that 3 man midfield, so did KDH. 

Brendan just seems to be chucking different formations and players together and hoping something clicks 

I had never heard of him when he signed 

From what I have seen and read about his stats in Lille, he seems he isn’t a defensive midfielder like Ndidi.

Isnt a goal scorer or has high assists in his career so far, like Maddison or Tielemans.

So im struggling to see what he will add in CM at the min, unless we’re playing 4 5 1 with Barnes and Lookman on either wing and a lone striker.

Is he just a central player who just keeps possession moving without really doing anything of note ala Mendy.

Obviously it’s still early days, I’m unsure where he slots in our midfield, and I think that shown tonight as he didn’t really know where to be/run or what his role was 

• Like 1

Just now, SystonFox said:

KDH was shocking tonight too. That pass out to Thomas on the left then he flapped his arms as if it was Luke’s fault. Absolute bobbins but is he getting pelters?

Slightly different though - we didn't pay about £20m for KDH. There's far less expectation for KDH to break into the first team any time soon. 

Just now, SystonFox said:

KDH was shocking tonight too. That pass out to Thomas on the left then he flapped his arms as if it was Luke’s fault. Absolute bobbins but is he getting pelters?

I wouldn’t say Soumare is getting pelters, more that people are just questioning what his role in the team is. 

• Like 1

Just now, Charl91 said:

Slightly different though - we didn't pay about £20m for KDH. There's far less expectation for KDH to break into the first team any time soon. 

Disagree. Doesn’t matter that we didn’t spend £20m on him. Some on here would say he’s worth £50m and he should have started for us every game last year including the fa cup final…..

14 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

He was shocking, looked way out of depth in that midfield tonight, he’s miles away from the first team. 

• Sad 1

So Soumare played a vital role in the team that won the French league from PSG last year. Played quite a defensive role. Rodgers now tells him to change that, play a more box to box advanced role, try to get in the box and score. If he can do it, it will take time to adjust and we need to be patient as he's young and the Premiership is quite a different beast. 

Just a thought though, why try to convert a player who is proven at his job to a totally different role, why not just buy the right players in the first place? Praet too, why did he not shine, did Rodgers try and shoehorn him into an unfamiliar role without giving him time to adjust? In fairness to Perez, has Rodgers been asking him to fulfill an unfamiliar role because he was never going to be a right winger which is what we required.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1