Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think people are being harsh on Bouba tonight.

No, he was diabolical.

Along with KDH, get in the bin.

Luke Thomas was always playing backwards, he's League One level at best.

Vestergaard is an octogenarian who has conned his way to a Euro's Semi-final (greatest mystery ever). Did you know he played in that 9-0 drubbing by us? Says it all really.

My intellectual level and attention span is too low to read beyond your first sentence.
Blame Rodgers.

Bring back NFP!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, shen said:

No, he was diabolical.

Vestergaard is an octogenarian who has conned his way to a Euro's Semi-final (greatest mystery ever). Did you know he played in that 9-0 drubbing by us? Says it all really.

My intellectual level and attention span is too low to read beyond your first sentence.
Blame Rodgers.

Bring back NFP!

That’s drivel and you know it

Think a lot of our problems with many players has to do with Rodgers tactics. Not an excuse as they're still playing poorly but Rodgers is causing us too bleed a lot... Needs to straight it out.. Good example is soumare 

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Both he and KDH were pushed very high and wide, it didn’t suit either

Being "pushed very high" didn't stop the making simple passes though. They were both atrocious in possesion tonight, I don't think you can blame their positioning on that.

Just now, Sampson said:

Being "pushed very high" didn't stop the making simple passes though. They were both atrocious in possesion tonight, I don't think you can blame their positioning on that.

It can when instead of being deeper in more space, you are surrounded by defenders being constantly rushed, the didn’t look comfortable from the off, that reflected in their play

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

It can when instead of being deeper in more space, you are surrounded by defenders being constantly rushed, the didn’t look comfortable from the off, that reflected in their play

They weren't constantly being rushed at all though. At one point KDH literally had green grass in front of him and completely turned round and went backwards into traffic and got tackled. Soumare misplaced several simple 5 yard passes to players completely unmarked.

It absolutely can't. You're using pseudo-tactical babble to excuse players making the most basic of errors tonight. Both Soumare and KDH were abysmal tonight, that's not to say they're shit players after 2 games, but you can't excuse their performances tonight. 

Edited by Sampson

Not a Tielemans replacement, period.  This was against a non-PL side without bags of pace, in a formation not that dissimilar to what he was used to in France, and he was thoroughly average.  Classic 5/10 performance.  He can be a useful player but not if we try and make him our usual square peg in a round hole - he's just not a creative MF.

6 hours ago, shen said:

No, he was diabolical.

Blame Rodgers.

Bring back NFP!

Good, bad, indifferent, there is no bin. This is a bed of our making, it is not like we have alternatives waiting in the wings.

The problem with him and KDH was, they got the ball, turned backwards (like everyone in Rodgers system)

That means their only option on their steering for was a pass to the CB. There wasn't enough movement forward for them to try a threaded ball on their weak foot.

If their instruction wasn't to burst forward with the ball, they'd have been better swapping sides. 

7 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I've read a few explanations about him needing to get up to the pace of Premier League football. Well tonight wasn't a Premier League game and he still seemed well short of the requirement. 

As opposed to the other players? 

I feel a little sorry for Soumare, We signed him as  a defensive midfielder and we haven't even seen him play there yet.

Why does Brendan insist in playing him out of position before he's had a chance to settle into the team.

However he does need to toughen up and put bite into his tackles like Ndiddi.

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think people are being harsh on Bouba tonight. This was as 6/10 a performance as you will ever see, with good and bad moments. In the first half he was our most creative player (not saying much, but he was), but he had moments of both good and bad play and was inconsistent. There was a ten minute spell where KDH, Soumare and Tielemans all gave the ball away, and that summed us up. All the passes were pretty easy ones too, making it even more woeful.

Those questioning why he is in the first team have a point though. So far all of his performances have been 6 and 7 our of 10's. Leicester are a club that develops talent, so some players being at that standard is OK, but the problem is that when the whole team plays that way, like tonight, then it's tough viewing.

Our new signings do need a run of 5-10 games to find their rhythm, so do remember that. So far I'd say that Lookman has exceeded expectations, Soumare is about average, Vestergaard and Bertrand below expectations and Daka hasn't played enough games to pass judgement. If that's still the case by December, then serious questions can be asked. In the meantime it's still too early for me.

It's standard FT hyperbole.

When we lose almost everyone gets ultra-low marks, when we win it's vice versa!

Personally, I thought Soumare did OK.

Nothing special, but certainly nothing disgraceful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I feel a little sorry for Soumare, We signed him as  a defensive midfielder and we haven't even seen him play there yet.

Why does Brendan insist in playing him out of position before he's had a chance to settle into the team.

However he does need to toughen up and put bite into his tackles like Ndiddi.

No, we didn't.

9 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

No, we didn't.

What was his position in his previous club ? playing in front of the defence .I believe we did sign him to play a role allowing Youri to play with more freedom and support the attack.

He needs time to be allowed to grow into the team and the league before we try and get him to play out of position.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

What was his position in his previous club ? playing in front of the defence .I believe we did sign him to play a role allowing Youri to play with more freedom and support the attack.

He needs time to be allowed to grow into the team and the league before we try and get him to play out of position.

Rodgers never met a player he couldn’t play out of position to try and suit whatever system he’s on about at the moment. I’m surprised he’s never played Vardy as a center half.

7 hours ago, adam said:

Should of kept Praet and used the money on a right winger that would of actually improved the first 11.

Yeah this is oddest thing for me. Neither him nor KDH have shown any glimpses of being better than Praet

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Rodgers never met a player he couldn’t play out of position to try and suit whatever system he’s on about at the moment. I’m surprised he’s never played Vardy as a center half.

Exactly, When things are not going right generally it's best to go back to basics and play players in their best positions.

I understand the need to try different formations etc, But that's usually from a winning platform. We're struggling right now and the collective effort seems to have gone from the team.

Right now we need a solid midfield to protect a fragile defence until we get Evans leadership back to direct operations on the pitch.

Which is why I'd play Soumare, Youri and NDiddi across the middle and keep them there until they get the understanding needed of each other. With Soumare and NDiddi backing up Youri when he goes forward.

• Like 1