Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

51 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

As opposed to the other players? 

No, the other players are also falling short of the requirement. However, Soumare is a newly contracted player and so initial impressions are still being formed. He may well go on to have an impressive career with us :fc: but this is a dedicated thread to gage opinion. 

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Good, bad, indifferent, there is no bin. This is a bed of our making, it is not like we have alternatives waiting in the wings.

:frusty:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry..

53 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I remember Vardy was shit for 18 months, now he’s our greatest ever player 

I remember saying Ricardo had the turning circle of a Mack truck ..... give him and Daka a chance they are playing in the most competitive league in the world 

1 minute ago, hackenbacker said:

I remember saying Ricardo had the turning circle of a Mack truck ..... give him and Daka a chance they are playing in the most competitive league in the world 

That’s a very specific truck analogy!!

• Haha 1

I quite the look of him to be honest. Needs time to settle in but for me he appears to have all the tools needed to be a good player. It's hard to critique any player at the moment really with the football or lack of that we play 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

Not sure what to make of Soumare so far.. Was genuinely excited at him signing, a big unit that gets around the pitch and that can carry the ball forward..

so trying to get my head around what  all these drag backs and step overs achieve when there is no opposition player within 5 yards  of him.. bizarre!

He’s being played out of position. He’s a hybrid of a Number 6/8 in a 4-2-3-1. He’s not been given the chance to play there and Brendan is trying to make him something else. We seem to keep doing this, buying players and then asking them to play roles they aren’t familiar with or particularly comfortable with. 

4 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Looks another player without a proper position or role. 

Ends up being a jack of all trades, stepping in then generally being bang average at best. Think Praet

No chance he's a class above Praet, who was good himself! He's young and still developing, cut him some slack.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

That's why I prefer high-powered Volvo cab-overs in my trucking games - power AND maneuverability! :D 

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

Willing to give him more time and maybe its a bit harsh to say so early on but just seems a bit of a nothing player to me.

Isn't solid defensively or in the tackle, doesn't look a threat when attacking. A few body faint and shimmy's aside I cant really see what he offers or what he's in the side to actually do, its all very sideways and safe. 

Crazy to think we had Tielemans in the 10 pressing like a headless chicken against Burnely to accommodate him in the side, Tielemans needs to be deep along side Ndidi controlling the game and playing though the lines. 

Just now, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Willing to give him more time and maybe its a bit harsh to say so early on but just seems a bit of a nothing player to me.

Isn't solid defensively or in the tackle, doesn't look a threat when attacking. A few body faint and shimmy's aside I cant really see what he offers or what he's in the side to actually do, its all very sideways and safe. 

Crazy to think we had Tielemans in the 10 pressing like a headless chicken against Burnely to accommodate him in the side, Tielemans needs to be deep along side Ndidi controlling the game and playing though the lines. 

He was never this kind of player at Lille, so I certainly hope people aren't expecting him to slot into playing like this straight away.

The point of him is to carry the ball up the pitch himself, which I don't think he has been that bad at so far

New team, new league, in a disfunctional system which is slow at building up play, hopefully we will get a chance to see him in a team that transitions forward quickly, then I think he will really shine for us

• Like 2

Feel bad for the lad.... Just as i do for daka. When your being forced into a team with no creative output or chemistry you can't do what you do best. Simple as that.. Both soumare and kdh aren't cams. Neither is tielemans. Soumare should be playing against the right opposition.. When we're expected not to dominate the game. Ie man city... Etc. Not a game like this 

• Like 3