Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

With Ndidi out Soumare’s going to get a chance to play in a deeper role as he was playing in France. He’s got big boots to fill tho, Ndidi’s tackling stats are off the scale. Brendan’s either got to risk him in the role and bring Maddison back in or if he doesn’t trust Soumare can do the CDM role alone then he’ll have to do a double CDM pivot. With our best alternative back up CDM not even given a squad place (Mendy) then it would have to be Choudhury and that doesn’t fill me with any confidence, particularly with the shambles going on behind the CDM’s with our current centre back woes. Could be a painful watch on Sunday. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

What’s his game supposed to be? Box to box midfielder, a ball winning midfielder, a playmaker who can pick a pass? Genuinely not sure what his role in the starting 11 is. 

...all of the above...!!!

He needs to get up to speed and he has to put his stamp on the game himself but that won't happen until he is comfortable with his play.

Rodgers attempt to play him ahead of Tielemans is not the right move. He operates between the Backline and the opposition's last third. No point in bringing him in and asking him to play a different way. We know what he is good at, just let him get on with it. 

Watch it again, look at his positioning when the oppo are attacking.. stood in no mans land most of the time when he is supposed to be shielding the back four..

he did do well the last few minutes 

think it says plenty though that Hamza started in front of him.

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He’s better than Choudhury is a fact that most of us would agree with, unfortunately not Brendan today. Soumare is not Ndidi but he’s our best CDM alternative now Mendy is out of the frame. 

Mendy played 60 minutes for the U23s this week. Could be back after the break. 

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He’s better than Choudhury is a fact that most of us would agree with, unfortunately not Brendan today. Soumare is not Ndidi but he’s our best CDM alternative now Mendy is out of the frame. 

Have you seen a lot of him at Lille then?  We haven’t seem nearly enough of him here to know 

17 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Watch it again, look at his positioning when the oppo are attacking.. stood in no mans land most of the time when he is supposed to be shielding the back four..

he did do well the last few minutes 

think it says plenty though that Hamza started in front of him.

He didn’t start because he played 90 on Thursday after 65 the Sunday before.  You could see he was knackered in the Burnley game and also by the end of the Warsaw game 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mucfox said:

imo - the slowest player in the PL and speed is the most important attribute as a professional

Rubbish, that tag goes to another one of our players.

Speed…..ask Wolves fans about Adama.

We’ve not seen anywhere near enough of him to make a proper call. It took Kante nearly 10 games to really start imposing himself, different style of player though. He’s had moments when he has shown some class

• Like 1

Think I've finally worked him out today. He's just so ploddy off the ball and as much as he works it just means he can't impose himself on a game like Wilf or Hamza can from workrate alone.

If he's not up with play he doesn't have the mobility to get involved with it really, he can't be played and relied upon as the "defensive" option in a midfield 2 as I'd argue that's his least effective job.

1 minute ago, brockmyster said:

Think I've finally worked him out today. He's just so ploddy off the ball and as much as he works it just means he can't impose himself on a game like Wilf or Hamza can from workrate alone.

If he's not up with play he doesn't have the mobility to get involved with it really, he can't be played and relied upon as the "defensive" option in a midfield 2 as I'd argue that's his least effective job.

So he should be written off already?

3 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

I mean you've jumped at a conclusion there Christ. 

I merely stated he shouldn't be played as the defensive option, no point is that writing him off is it!

Sorry, read the negative into your post, but didn’t get the more positive aspect. :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Have you seen a lot of him at Lille then?  We haven’t seem nearly enough of him here to know 

His team won the French league beating PSG, Soumare got rave reviews playing in either a CDM or CM role. The fact is at the moment his only competition for the CDM role (assuming Amartey is now only considered a defender) is Choudhury and he has to be a better overall option than Hamza. 

20 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

His team won the French league beating PSG, Soumare got rave reviews playing in either a CDM or CM role. The fact is at the moment his only competition for the CDM role (assuming Amartey is now only considered a defender) is Choudhury and he has to be a better overall option than Hamza. 

I don’t think Brendan sees him as a wilf clone ……he seems to want him to be box to box