Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t think Brendan sees him as a wilf clone ……he seems to want him to be box to box 

Yeh I get that, it’s just in Wilf’s absence I can’t see a better player in our squad to do the role. Mendy isn’t in the squad otherwise I’d be tempted to play him. 

24 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh I get that, it’s just in Wilf’s absence I can’t see a better player in our squad to do the role. Mendy isn’t in the squad otherwise I’d be tempted to play him. 

....I do think he needs full license to dictate the midfield as opposing to fitting in with Tielemans!!!

If Tielemans does go, will we look to bring someone else in to replace him or would we be looking at Soumare and Ndidi to hold down their roles. He is quite a dynamic player which we have not witnessed that aspect of his play so far, but if he is adjusting to playing alongside Youri, it might be rough journey getting the best out of him.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I do think he needs full license to dictate the midfield as opposing to fitting in with Tielemans!!!

If Tielemans does go, will we look to bring someone else in to replace him or would we be looking at Soumare and Ndidi to hold down their roles. He is quite a dynamic player which we have not witnessed that aspect of his play so far, but if he is adjusting to playing alongside Youri, it might be rough journey getting the best out of him.

With Wilf out, and with Hamza the only other midfielder who has played the CDM role, at the moment surely Soumare has to start either in a midfield 2 or 3. 

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

With Wilf out, and with Hamza the only other midfielder who has played the CDM role, at the moment surely Soumare has to start either in a midfield 2 or 3. 

.....very much so, to cover the present situation!!!

But down the line, I think having him playing alongside Youri is going to be problematic for him as he has his own way of playing and Tielemans carries out Rodgers plans on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Micky said:

Any good today?

Yes. Showed his physicality well, put his body about and was always an option for the defence to pass to. Good central midfield partnership with Tielemans and they both allowed each other to play their games. 

Very happy with his performance today. Liked what I saw. 

Had a terrific game.

Today felt like one of the moments where it all came together. Sort of like N'Didi and Ricardo when they first joined. Took a few games to settle but always solid and dependable.

His ball control is excellent. Always looked safe as houses in possession. 

Of course competition is strong but did himself no harm at all out there. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Had a terrific game.

Today felt like one of the moments where it all came together. Sort of like N'Didi and Ricardo when they first joined. Took a few games to settle but always solid and dependable.

His ball control is excellent. Always looked safe as houses in possession. 

Of course competition is strong but did himself no harm at all out there. 

Forcefully tackling and positive forward passing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looked like he’d started to get up to speed with the pace of the prem. He was doing the same things he did when he joined just that second quicker. Add a goal threat to his game and well have the worlds first £200m+ player on our hands!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Didn't miss Ndidi today. Soumare was excellent.

Soumaré was excellent, I think he's looked a great prospect since coming in and I don't want to pour any negativity on that. 

But they were also very shit down the middle today. 

• Like 2