Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Soumaré was excellent, I think he's looked a great prospect since coming in and I don't want to pour any negativity on that. 

But they were also very shit down the middle today. 

Oh yeah, they played in a way where Ndidi probably wasn't as crucial. I felt that Soumare suited us today in getting the ball around the pitch quickly and effectively.

• Like 1

Thought he played very well and I'm a big fan of his. He has so much potential and his athleticism is tailor-made for the premier league. 

However, he will be disappointed for Man Utd's first goal, he should have closed the space to stop Greenwood having that much time to shoot off his stronger left foot.

2 minutes ago, enmac said:

On today's form does Wilf walk straight back into the team? 

He’s more direct than Wilf and encourages more forward play with his carrying, range of passing and mobility. Take nothing away from Wilf but there is an argument that he on the ball (tackling and breaking up play aside) slows our game down a little in comparison to Soumare although Soumare does seem to have licence to get further forward rather than be planted in front of the back 4 or 3.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nick said:

He’s more direct than Wilf and encourages more forward play with his carrying, range of passing and mobility. Take nothing away from Wilf but there is an argument that he on the ball (tackling and breaking up play aside) slows our game down a little in comparison to Soumare although Soumare does seem to have licence to get further forward rather than be planted in front of the back 4 or 3.

So that's a no for Wilf? Could be Man Us next signing? 

1 hour ago, enmac said:

Kasper, Evans, Ndidi, Tielemans. If these guys are fit they 100% play. We did play brilliantly today, but not surpising we went to a back 3 because Ndidi was out. Also Man U in general have a poor central midfield because of the way they play, IE they bypass the midfield because they look to counter attack instead.

Soumare was great and is better on the ball than Ndidi, but Ndidi is the best or second best CDM in the league.

4 hours ago, enmac said:

I think it’s less about wilf and more about those in front of him. Other than Vardy we’ve been firing blanks, we’ve needed an extra body to support attacks and soumare obviously adds more in that respect. 

there will be times when Barnes, lookman and mads are all looking good and that’s when he has the biggest impact, simply because he gets the ball for them 

Wilf and Soumare will suits different occasions. Soumare was fantastic yesterday, didn’t our a foot wrong, and I liked how in the second half he moved onto Pogba and focused on him which is what I wanted to see, and the manure literally got nothing. 

There will be games where we need an out and our scrapper, or one particular player needing to be almost man marked, so Wilf will be needed for that, for more open games Bouba would be ideal to drop in to give us a more technical edge in the midfield.

Pretty good performance yesterday, but don't want to get excited just yet, since man u were playing a midfield 1, no pressing strategy. 

Definitely better on the ball than wilf, but I think some people are forgetting how much of a monster ndidi is on top form. Up there with Kante in terms of defensive contribution. 

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Pretty good performance yesterday, but don't want to get excited just yet, since man u were playing a midfield 1, no pressing strategy. 

Definitely better on the ball than wilf, but I think some people are forgetting how much of a monster ndidi is on top form. Up there with Kante in terms of defensive contribution. 

Agree. Nobody wins the ball back better than Wilf

The set up yesterday suited us and ensured our midfield was given a lot of time on the ball. It was always going to take Soumare and Daka a year or so to find their feet, by then we'd know if they were likely to succeed here. Still got a lot of adapting to do but no reason they can't both keep improving and become important players for us next season.

30 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The set up yesterday suited us and ensured our midfield was given a lot of time on the ball. It was always going to take Soumare and Daka a year or so to find their feet, by then we'd know if they were likely to succeed here. Still got a lot of adapting to do but no reason they can't both keep improving and become important players for us next season.

....I think it was more United set up in a way which allowed us the space to play!!!

Could not understand Pogba not being pushed further forward, they gave us a great platform to play. Soumare and Daka are not going to take a year to adjust and affect this team. The more Soumare plays the more the question of Ndidi's position becomes a conversation.

• Like 1