Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

I’ve been a bit concerned about his game off the ball but he was brilliant yesterday. Covered the ground well and was imposing enough to win it back multiple times.

In games where we’re going to have 55%+ of the ball against weaker opponents we’re probably better off starting Soumare over Ndidi.

57 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think it was more United set up in a way which allowed us the space to play!!!

Could not understand Pogba not being pushed further forward, they gave us a great platform to play. Soumare and Daka are not going to take a year to adjust and affect this team. The more Soumare plays the more the question of Ndidi's position becomes a conversation.

Yeah I meant Uniteds set up tbf mate.

I love Pogba and think he's class, he's wasted in a 2 man pivot though on occasions, certain games it just doesn't work.

Still Ndidi for me, but Soumare and Daka will get plenty of minutes as the season wears on, especially when the FA cup starts soon.

• Like 1

Looks like our scouting team have unearthed another gem, him & Tielemans were brilliant yesterday, Ndidi slots in as the dm when fit and we switch to a back 4 or Maddison misses out but he looked back to his best yesterday. What a marvellous conundrum for Rodgers to have..

From today's Guardian :

Soumaré proving himself at Foxes

Perhaps it was the absence of anything resembling a midfield for Manchester United that made him stand out, but Boubakary Soumaré excelled for Leicester in front of the back three. Leicester have been undermined by their many injuries so far this season, and with no Wilfried Ndidi, who arguably has not been quite the same since his knee problem last season, there were fears among home fans that Leicester would not be able to exploit what is clearly a problem area for United. But the 22-year-old Soumaré, signed from Lille in the summer, was a beacon of calm alongside Youri Tielemans at the back of midfield, facilitating the Belgian’s forward sallies, and helping cut off the supply to an isolated Cristiano Ronaldo. Soumaré didn’t make a single tackle in the game but he didn’t need to, making more interceptions than any other Leicester player. Jonathan Wilson

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Wilf just might have to wait to get his place back.

Clearly not a destroyer/DM  type like Wilf, but he sure does have something about him on yesterday’s performance. The half Wilf, half Youri comments do seem to have some viability after yesterday.

I’m sure it’s happened a few times where Ndidi has been out and whoever replaces him plays well, then there’s a few comments about Ndidi might not get his place back straight away. He comes back and he plays as good as we know he can, let’s hope for the same again. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

No chance! 

Wilf's top-drawer. He'd be an asset to any team in the PL. Perhaps only Chelsea don't need him. He'd start at least 30 games a season for Liverpool, man U and.man City 

Man Utd, yes for sure, they actually need him, but Liverpool or Man City would not even start Wilf, he is not a good enough passer. I love Wilf, but he would not start for them, he just isn’t the type they need or use.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Man Utd, yes for sure, they actually need him, but Liverpool or Man City would not even start Wilf, he is not a good enough passer. I love Wilf, but he would not start for them, he just isn’t the type they need or use.

I see the point and logic, but imo Liverpool don't really have any passing midfielders. Give and go workers. 

Man City is harder but the fernandinho role is surely his

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I see the point and logic, but imo Liverpool don't really have any passing midfielders. Give and go workers. 

Was thinking Man City was probably viable after posting, but although Wilf is all action enough for Liverpool, I am just not sure he has the guile.

But what the hell do I know. lol

On 17/10/2021 at 17:01, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think it was more United set up in a way which allowed us the space to play!!!

Could not understand Pogba not being pushed further forward, they gave us a great platform to play. Soumare and Daka are not going to take a year to adjust and affect this team. The more Soumare plays the more the question of Ndidi's position becomes a conversation.

Why does it have to be about the other team..??

Cant you give Credit where Credit is due...

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was thinking Man City was probably viable after posting, but although Wilf is all action enough for Liverpool, I am just not sure he has the guile.

But what the hell do I know. lol

Doesn't this belong in the Ndidi thread..??

35 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Doesn't this belong in the Ndidi thread..??

Haha, says the man who'll shoehorn into literally any thread whimsical tales of him sipping goats milk with nomadic tribes on the inca trail speaking in old norse

:D

Edit; sorry fuchsy, re reading the above it comes across as a bit mean and spiteful rather then playful. Keep on doing what you do!

Edited by Paninistickers
Edit to add comment to fuchsy

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Haha, says the man who'll shoehorn into literally any thread whimsical tales of him sipping goats milk with nomadic tribes on the inca trail speaking in old norse

:D

Edit; sorry fuchsy, re reading the above it comes across as a bit mean and spiteful rather then playful. Keep on doing what you do!

Always tongue in cheek...I can Never be that serious...

I often Dump my woes in irrelevant forums....Part of the fun..:D

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah I think this is the reason he is still with us