Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

56 minutes ago, lanefox said:

If he can bring goals and assits to his game he really is the next Yaya Toure

....he doesn't have to, he is not that type of player.....!!!

Very much does what we need him for, he is the man who passes the ball to the player making the assist, he makes the space and life easier for our players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he doesn't have to, he is not that type of player.....!!!

Very much does what we need him for, he is the man who passes the ball to the player making the assist, he makes the space and life easier for our players.

When he muscled his way out of defence, released the ball to help setup the third (?) goal, blimey!!

Lad looks quality

• Like 3

A step up from Saturday, and he was pretty good then.

Actually (a bit) more excited by his performance than I was by Daka's. He's 'ball hungry' in exactly the right way - wanting it, asking for it and brilliant at keeping it. And still running at pace in the 90th minute. Superb.

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

If he can bring goals and assits to his game he really is the next Yaya Toure

I'm not even sure it's needed or worth putting that pressure on him. It'll only be used as a stick to beat him with when people get on his back needlessly. 

If he continues performances like this I'll be happy :)

When I rewatch the game I want to just focus on him - he's such a powerhouse in the midfield. Keeps possession and can charge up the field with pace and precision.`He's not great at winning the ball but he harries defenders and cuts off passing games. He was a giant today. Very pleased to see that he is constantly improving.

• Like 1

His ability to break forward from midfield, creating space for others by running at, drawing and dribbling past defenders is crucial to making us creative enough in this 352 formation. If we have 3 CBs and an out and out CDM we end up with too many defensive players. Feel bad saying it, as I love Wilf, but in a 352 Soumaré is probably a better bet to partner Youri. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Didn't realise just what a terrific goal that was at the time. Beautiful counter attacking.

It's very reminiscent of 15/16 counter attacks with the way Soumare drives forwards with the ball and the composure with which Daka finishes it.

These guys are the future of the club, along with Fofana. Those 3 could form a spine for 10 years for any team. No doubt they will all leave in due course, Fofana the most likely, but I think it's phenomenal planning from the club that not only do we currently have a great team, but it won't be one that deteriorates after a few years, like what happened to Spurs and Arsenal. Vardy retires - Daka is here to take over. Evans retires, Fofana is here. Can Soumare take over from Tielemans? Probably not by himself, but he will prove himself to be a top class Premier League midfielder. Players like Vieria and Toure have shown that physicality with good technique is a killer combination.

• Like 1