Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

Barnes Vardy Maddison

Tielemans Soumare

Ndidi

Thomas Soy Fofana Ricardo

Kasper

Bunging Maddison on the right seems wasteful and I’m worried the front three will be isolated. I guess if Soumaré can create it won’t be bad.

I’m really interested in Brendon’s main formation. Barnes, Tielemans and an in-form Maddison have to play to make up for the goals Vardy will probably lack. And you’ll have to play Ndidi.

One winger, two creative midfielders, one defensive midfielder, and apparently one box-to-box midfielder. Along with presumably two strikers? @StriderHiryu, help!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

There won’t be a fixed formation this season.

We’ve already played:

4231 with Daka up top

4231 with Nacho up top

442 with Vardy and Nacho

442 with Daka and Vardy

We won the FA Cup with three at the back. We’ve played a midfield diamond before. We’ve not yet played a Liverpool style 433 but we’ve seen enough from Soumare to hint it’s possible. Really until the Man City game and possibly not even till Wolves will we know. 

Last season we were one of the most tactically flexible teams in the league and I expect that to continue. We should be in a position where we can pick who’s in form and cope with injuries much better than before. Youri will finally be able to have a rest rather than play 75 games!

So in those formations, who’s playing on the right wing?

I think rotating Soumare and Praet in CM alongside Tielemans with N'didi shielding the back 4, could work well. Both have different qualities and can impact games in different ways. Also, gives Soumare a chance to ease in to Premier League life and Praet can hopefully show us more of what he can offer when playing alongside Tielemans and N'didi, in a set role. Exciting times with those options! 

20 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

How on earth do we get Soumare, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, Iheanacho & Daka into the same team?

Great problem to have though! 

Real question is … how did we get all of the above for <140 million lol  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ross &#x27;LCFC&#x27; Turner said:

How on earth do we get Soumare, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, Iheanacho & Daka into the same team?

Great problem to have though! 

What a problem to have and we hopefully will have a new right winger to add to the mix too. 

This guy is the real deal. 3 matches in and he's already stroking magic into the final third for our attackers to work with. He's going to be absolutely immense for us this year. Magic. Going to make Youri look even better, if thats possible.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think he's more like a Tielemans type than I thought, succession planning looks more likely. Some great passes, dictates the tempo and got an engine. 

...I said very much the same when we bought him!!!

He has started the games slowly but has then slowly grown into them and he then begins to impose himself. There are a few players who cannot play at a slow tempo and he is one of them, he only seems comfortable when he raises the tempo. He will keep the team on a high alert because he will always be asking questions and pushing us forward.

He spots openings and can play you in from range.

Edited by sacreblueits442

He was perceived more of a CDM because he was playing deeper in a midfield 2 for Lille in a 4 2 4 formation. He's a box to box midfielder with a v decent passing range and will add more of a physical presence to our midfield as well. I think he'll be used as an 8 in a midfield 3 in certain games but will also be able to cover for Youri and Wilf in a double pivot when playing 4 2 3 1.