Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

52 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

From what I’ve seen of him so far, I don’t think he’s an upgrade on Mendy in my opinion. 

Jesus.

The guy is composed, doesn't get knocked off the ball and apart from a couple of strays yesterday his passing is pretty accurate too but he's not a CDM for me. Him and Youri should be providing the creativity with Wilf in behind them. Soumare is hampered by Maddison's role in the team. When Madders was benched Bouba was flourishing and seemed to be coming into his own but the last couple of games looks like he doesn't know whether to stick or twist, push on or stay back. He's going to be a vital player for us, especially if Youri is injured or leaves.

Yesterday was a roller coaster of a performance from him. He was very very poor opening 30 mins, then he had a brief 5-10 mins where he was battling well and then ended the half with a few mistakes again. 2nd half he was really good up until Maddison went off and Arsenal started getting back on the ball, he looked absolutely knackered and cumbersome and ended the game really poorly. 

So there's bits of quality in there for sure and he's the sort of player that a coach like Rodgers ought to turn in to a monster in this division so I've no huge concerns. Already an upgrade on Hamza and Mendy.

23 minutes ago, eblair said:

Very young and inconsistent player

been good a few times, can look anonymous, can look real bad occasionally 

almost defo not worth losing praet for

Soumare's ceiling is far, far higher than Praets, give him time and he'll prove his worth

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, eblair said:

Very young and inconsistent player

been good a few times, can look anonymous, can look real bad occasionally 

almost defo not worth losing praet for

If you could blend Boubas strength and technical ability with Praets positioning and tactical knowledge you'd have the perfect all round box to box player.

I'll take bouba since the latter 2 can be learned and he's young with time on his side. Praet isn't going to ever be more than mediocre at this level whereas Boubas got potential to be special.

• Haha 1

Agree with all the last few comments. 

Comfortable on the ball, showing lots of promising signs. 

Just now, HoustonFox said:

Really like him but think he’s still struggling to last the whole match and tires towards the end. 

Notice he tires too but reckon he covers a lot of distance up and down the pitch. 

He's only 22 and he's already putting in decent performances. Happy with him so far and there's still room for improvement. 

He does tire as the game goes on but this is understandable given his age and the amount of games coming so quick. With the full time training he'll get stronger and be much better for it, especially next season and beyond.

We need to keep the three in midfield while they develop and understanding which will come with Coaching from Brendan and games together.

He needs to develop a bit of a mean streak also, Then players will get wary of him. But for now we just need him to keep learning and improving.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Agree with all the last few comments. 

Comfortable on the ball, showing lots of promising signs. 

Notice he tires too but reckon he covers a lot of distance up and down the pitch. 

He's only 22 and he's already putting in decent performances. Happy with him so far and there's still room for improvement. 

Totally agree. Think he’s great on the ball. 

He's had some very good games or patches of games and then some very poor games or patches and sometimes it flip flops like that a few times a game which probably sums up the team this season.

He's certainly not helped us become any better defensively nor creatively so he's very much a work in progress and I did always fear he was an unnecessary purchase given we can't sign every player in the positions we want to strengthen each season, this was the one we needed the least and yet He's the one playing most but there's a player in there somewhere.

• Like 2