Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

I'd want to see him play for a competent manager, in a competent system in his correct position.....Before passing judgement.

Looks to have very good attributes, that Rodgers isn't able to use.

Maddison's decline.....

Ndidi's decline.....

Tielemans's inconsistency....

Now Soumare being questioned....

When do we realise it's Brendan, and not the players?

• Like 3

Essentially had 3 decent games for us, one of which was a pre season friendly and the other was a glorified pre season friendly.

As I said in the matchday thread, if he was just poor against the better teams then I could take that but he's not even 'good against fodder' consistently yet.

Hope he's just having a slow start to his Leicester career rather than this being his norm.

Edited by Nalis

Looks like a really good player is in there somewhere, was obviously a quality player last season, I'm reserving judgement on him, moving country can be different for everyone, especially when you're moving to a club that is as inconsistent as us at present. 

I hope he can find his way here as we potentially have an Ndidi replacement in him if he can find his form, but the way LCFC are playing I won't be calling for him to be dropped or anything just yet, he needs game time. I can't really think of any players who have covered themselves in glory this season or stood out, so I can't expect it from BS.

6 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Please explain.

He has a physical presence we’ve been lacking for season upon season. He rides challenges and shields well. He plays incisive balls and he can drive from midfield. He’s also skilful and good with the ball in tight spaces. 
Today I would have bollocked him for letting Kanté go, but he’s a fine player. Our problems are not because of him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems unable to pass forward, too happy to keep it simple with a back pass. There was a great bit of play second half when he did a stepover but soon as he needed to release the ball he’s found wanting.

A back five and two defensive midfielders is no use against anyone though. 

10 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Had an absolute stinker today and would have been completely justifiable to have hooked him before HT

Should've pulled Soumare at half time, drop Ndidi into a DM and bring on Maddison and KDH in front of him

It was so easy all game for Chelsea to play through our midfield

• Like 2

Does nothing on the ball then jogs around with his shoulders slumped when we don't have it. 

Sick of being called out for the week after week I mention it, but it will hit home soon, his attitude stinks. 

At least Mendy/Choudry put themselves about and are yet smaller physically than that dosser

Edited by EastAnglianFox

55 minutes ago, Mark said:

Seems unable to pass forward, too happy to keep it simple with a back pass. There was a great bit of play second half when he did a stepover but soon as he needed to release the ball he’s found wanting.

A back five and two defensive midfielders is no use against anyone though. 

Did you copy and paste this from a Puel thread? 

Guest Col city fan

Don’t get what’s happening with Mendy

He’d have been better playing today than Soumare

In fact, Soumare is pretty crap isnt he?