Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

Not writing him off as I think we're a dysfunctional side but I've not been impressed. To say that we pushed the boat out to sign Praet, didn't ever really consistently use him, bombed him out on loan to bring in Soumare... and I'm not convinced he's better. To me that's just pissing money away. We're not big enough to have the luxury of doing things like that.

• Like 2

Just to be clear.

He wasn't a definite starter for Lille.

Bamba, Ikone,  Xeka and Andrew were ahead of him otherwise Lille wouldn't let him go.

Everyone should lower their expectations and  realise that he is not a midfield maestro superstar.

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Just to be clear.

Bamba, Ikone,  Xeka and Andrew were ahead of him otherwise Lille wouldn't let him go.

Everyone should lower their expectations and  realise that he is not a midfield maestro superstar.

Two of those players are wingers.....just to be clear. One of them I've never heard of and you've missed out sanches.

He played virtually every game in the run in and has had for a number of years lots of interest in him. First half of the season he was in and out of the side.

Apart from that your post is absolutely spot on 👍

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

10 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Just to be clear.

2 of them are wingers, Andre was the mainstay in the pivot, and Soumare was the most used player as his partner, ahead of Sanches and Xeka.

They also let him go because his contract had 12 months left, and they needed money because of the financial impact of Covid.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

On 20/11/2021 at 18:47, cropstonfox said:

Praet ,Mendy ,KDH or Hamza all bring more.

....in a team lacking cohesion and at odds with itself, it is no wonder that he is at a lost as to what is required of him!!!

His problem will be overcoming the personalities within this club to allow him to play his game and affect the team in a positive way. The one thing that I believe he can be is a leader, something we struggle to see on the pitch but he has to be in a team where he can influence the game due to us playing in an organised and familiar pattern.

He was absolutely diabolical yesterday, however, I think the raw materials are there for him to be a very good player. His main issue seems to be his lack of positional sense, but I think/hope that can be improved with coaching. I'm definitely not writing him off just yet. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

2 of them are wingers, Andre was the mainstay in the pivot, and Soumare was the most used player as his partner, ahead of Sanches and Xeka.

They also let him go because his contract had 12 months left, and they needed money because of the financial impact of Covid.

Absolute bull....

I've been following Lille way too closer then you, as we have 3 Turk playing there.

I know what you stated up there☝☝☝is not true at all.

You are telling me that Soumare preffered ahead of Xeka and Sanchez? And Ikone and Bamba were a wingers?

They have sold Soumare because they haven't seen any necessity to keep him as despite receiving countless offers for Ikone, Bamba, Yazici, Andre and Renato, Soumare was the only one they decided to get rid of.

What is that telling you mate?

10 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Absolute bull....

I've been following Lille way too closer then you, as we have 3 Turk playing there.

You are telling me that Soumare preffered ahead of Xeka and Sanchez? And Ikone and Bamba were a wingers?

They have sold Soumare because they haven't seen any necessity to keep him as despite receiving countless offers for Ikone, Bamba, Yazici, Andre and Renato, Soumare was the only one they decided to get rid of.

Ikone and Bamba are wingers though? Lille don't play them as central midfielders? It would be one of the strangest systems in football if they did.

I see Soumaré is the latest scapegoat for some on FT!  He's come from a league that is nowhere near as intense and he's expected to up and running by some, not everyone can be like Fofana.  He has shown what he can do in certain matches, and others he has struggled, but he was bought, according to Rodgers as a hybrid between Ndidi and Tielemans = Ndimans.  If he's not use to this role, then he will take time to adapt, and he is still young and far from the finished article. 

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ikone and Bamba are wingers though? Lille don't play them as central midfielders? It would be one of the strangest systems in football if they did.

Considering who you're responding too, there was never going to be a favourable answer about why Soumare was sold despite @moore_94's post being correct... 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I see Soumaré is the latest scapegoat for some on FT!  He's come from a league that is nowhere near as intense and he's expected to up and running by some, not everyone can be like Fofana.  He has shown what he can do in certain matches, and others he has struggled, but he was bought, according to Rodgers as a hybrid between Ndidi and Tielemans = Ndimans.  If he's not use to this role, then he will take time to adapt, and he is still young and far from the finished article. 

He won't be the first or last young player from the euro leagues that has struggled at this level. We know that he's got talent as evidenced in the Spartak away game. Some time and good management/coaching should bring him on. 

I hope that he's not going to be the latest scapegoat. We're better than that. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

He won't be the first or last young player from the euro leagues that has struggled at this level. We know that he's got talent as evidenced in the Spartak away game. Some time and good management/coaching should bring him on. 

I hope that he's not going to be the latest scapegoat. We're better than that. 

We're really not. Pathetic fan base when it comes to giving young players a chance. Some sense of irony to it but wouldn't surprise me if it's these people who are also the ones who think other fans are over-entitled for thinking we're capable of finishing at the top end of the table

• Like 2

I’d encourage everyone to re watch Kante’s goal. I can forgive a lack of ability but that doesn’t appear to be the case for him, it’s his application in those moments that needs questioning.

He got done over and then just sauntered  back.

Agreed it was complete madness playing Ndidi higher than him at the weekend though, he probably looked around and thought **** this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

We're really not. Pathetic fan base when it comes to giving young players a chance. Some sense of irony to it but wouldn't surprise me if it's these people who are also the ones who think other fans are over-entitled for thinking we're capable of finishing at the top end of the table

Fans don’t pick the side.

Mendy went from a long run in the side to being booted out of the squad.

Daka gets a chance and 4 goals 

Nacho gives 110% 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Absolute bull....

So closely you can't tell what position players are?

They also sold their goalkeeper too who is very good by all accounts. 

Ikone and Bamba were avaliable in the last week of the window too.

25 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Fans don’t pick the side.

Mendy went from a long run in the side to being booted out of the squad.

Daka gets a chance and 4 goals 

Nacho gives 110% 

Huh? Guessing you quoted me by accident?