Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

35 minutes ago, Hales said:

Maybe he will come back if Brendan goes! I don't think he would ever play for Brendan again

He's not starting regularly for a side 14th in Serie A, it's not just Brendan who was spot on in this case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

He's not starting regularly for a side 14th in Serie A, it's not just Brendan who was spot on in this case.

Praet is the classic foxestalk idol. 

He doesn't play, ergo he's better than all the players currently playing badly. 

Plus he's a skinny white guy that runs around a lot. 

Ticks all the boxes. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

I think maybe I was watching something different to them. I'm not saying that he's an absolute worldbeater but I can't really recall him ever letting us down?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Le Renard said:

I see Soumaré is the latest scapegoat for some on FT!  He's come from a league that is nowhere near as intense and he's expected to up and running by some, not everyone can be like Fofana.  He has shown what he can do in certain matches, and others he has struggled, but he was bought, according to Rodgers as a hybrid between Ndidi and Tielemans = Ndimans.  If he's not use to this role, then he will take time to adapt, and he is still young and far from the finished article. 

The problem for me is that Rodgers weakens our midfield (in terms of numbers) as a result of adding the extra defenders to play a 5 man defence.  This ends up in our midfield being overrun, no matter which players you put in there.  Even Youri has has his effectiveness much reduced by being crowded out and afforded less time on the ball this season.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Absolute bull....

I've been following Lille way too closer then you, as we have 3 Turk playing there.

I know what you stated up there☝☝☝is not true at all.

You are telling me that Soumare preffered ahead of Xeka and Sanchez? And Ikone and Bamba were a wingers?

They have sold Soumare because they haven't seen any necessity to keep him as despite receiving countless offers for Ikone, Bamba, Yazici, Andre and Renato, Soumare was the only one they decided to get rid of.

What is that telling you mate?

Ikone and Bamba are wingers.

They sold Soumare because he was running his contract down. The same for Mike Maignan. 

Soumare played 43 of Lille's 49 games last season. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I think maybe I was watching something different to them. I'm not saying that he's an absolute worldbeater but I can't really recall him ever letting us down?

Define "letting us down."

Leicester fans are extremely forgiving of anyone that runs around a lot and appears to put the effort in. From Praet to Albrighton, from Hamza to Hume. You run around a lot, you're golden. 

Praet has always given his best and if that's all you ask from someone then, sure, he's never let us down.

But he's also not a good enough footballer to be at a Champions League chasing team in one of Europe's top leagues, which is why he never has been. He's about as mid table journeyman as you can get. 

@Ric Flair was one of the first to point out how hideous his numbers are before he got here. Doesn't create chances, register assists, score goals, he just clocks up distance. He's got no great vision, a substandard passing range, he's averagely mobile, doesn't have the trickery to beat a man, is fairly poor in the tackle, isn't very strong and his absolute number one weakness (particularly in our system) his movement off the ball and his sense of where he should be on a football pitch are dire. 

He is to us in an attacking sense what Hamza is in a defensive one. Hamza steps in for Wilf and he's absolutely never where he should be, he's off chasing the ball all round the pitch leaving huge holes everywhere behind him for his team mates to cover. 

Praet steps in for Tielemans or Maddison and he's off charging up the pitch making vertical runs off the ball expecting to be played in, when he's the guy that's meant to be dropping back offering a pass and getting us moving up the pitch. This might be forgiven if his League One Season Andy Kingesque forward drives yielded goals but the man averages one goal a season in Serie A and the Premier League. 

If he was of a darker skin tone and slightly less energetic in his playing style he'd be loathed here. He's literally had a less productive career than Rachid Ghezzal who has been more of a threat with goals and assists in half decent European leagues than Praet. 

Is it his fault we spuffed a load of cash panic buying him? No. But he absolutely wasn't a good transfer and the sooner he's off our wage bill the better. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Leicester fans are extremely forgiving of anyone that runs around a lot and appears to put the effort in. From Praet to Albrighton, from Hamza to Hume. You run around a lot, you're golden. 

Praet has always given his best and if that's all you ask from someone then, sure, he's never let us down.

But he's also not a good enough footballer to be at a Champions League chasing team in one of Europe's top leagues, which is why he never has been. He's about as mid table journeyman as you can get. 

@Ric Flair was one of the first to point out how hideous his numbers are before he got here. Doesn't create chances, register assists, score goals, he just clocks up distance. He's got no great vision, a substandard passing range, he's averagely mobile, doesn't have the trickery to beat a man, is fairly poor in the tackle, isn't very strong and his absolute number one weakness (particularly in our system) his movement off the ball and his sense of where he should be on a football pitch are dire. 

He is to us in an attacking sense what Hamza is in a defensive one. Hamza steps in for Wilf and he's absolutely never where he should be, he's off chasing the ball all round the pitch leaving huge holes everywhere behind him for his team mates to cover. 

Praet steps in for Tielemans or Maddison and he's off charging up the pitch making vertical runs off the ball expecting to be played in, when he's the guy that's meant to be dropping back offering a pass and getting us moving up the pitch. This might be forgiven if his League One Season Andy Kingesque forward drives yielded goals but the man averages one goal a season in Serie A and the Premier League. 

Is it his fault we spuffed a load of cash panic buying him? No. But he absolutely wasn't a good transfer and the sooner he's off our wage bill the better. 

I think Praet is the sort of player that makes the team better but I do agree he needed to contribute more individually.

I think the likes of Barnes and Maddison played better with Praet in the side.

Can't agree with your last sentence. I think he's a very useful squad player.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Amount of minutes played last season:

Soumare - 2,583 / 28.7 games

Xeka - 1,894 / 21.04 games

Sanchez - 1,653 / 18.36 games

So yes, he was the preferred option ahead of those two.

Watch this video, goes through a break down of Lille's tactics under Galtier, where (unsurprisingly) Ikone and Bamba are wingers (they may tuck in but are still wingers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaYo5To3C7w&ab_channel=TifoFootball

Forgetting they also sold Maignan? Who also had 12 months left on contract.

They were happy to get rid of Sanches but couldn't agree a deal with Wolves rather then rejecting it.

Ikone and Bamba were available but no actual bids were made with only interested reported, Yazici still has a long term contract so of course they would want to keep him, no reported bids or interest for Andre.

Ouch 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sanchez - 1,653 / 18.36 games

Watch this video, goes through a break down of Lille's tactics under Galtier, where (unsurprisingly) Ikone and Bamba are wingers (they may tuck in but are still wingers).

Forgetting they also sold Maignan? Who also had 12 months left on contract.

They were happy to get rid of Sanches but couldn't agree a deal with Wolves rather then rejecting it.

Ikone and Bamba were available but no actual bids were made with only interested reported, Yazici still has a long term contract so of course they would want to keep him, no reported bids or interest for Andre.

Honestly mate there's no point arguing. He'll be telling you the world is flat next because he's seen it.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Mark said:

Not strictly true. Hes largely been injured. Started when he's fit.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

If he was of a darker skin tone and slightly less energetic in his playing style he'd be loathed here. He's literally had a less productive career than Rachid Ghezzal who has been more of a threat with goals and assists in half decent European leagues than Praet. 

I wouldn't be quite so down on players that 'run around a lot'.  Yes, they are crowd pleasers from Savage to Shinji and what we are lacking at the moment (among other things) Is intensity..  It seems to have evaporated and we are sluggish and sedentary.  An injection of energy would be very welcome.

Not sure what to make of your skin tone comments.  A bit crass and ill-judged.

• Like 4

On 20/11/2021 at 23:29, sm1 said:

The 2nd goal was terrible, he let James pirouette pass him and then was chasing Kante's shadow, which he gave up doing pretty quickly.

Two players could have pursued Kante - Soumare was the one who was the closer and noticeably pulled up after a token few yards. One thing that I hate seeing (apart from dirty play) is a player who can't be arsed to have a go.

Edited by gerblod
Changes to poor wording.

21 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Sanches - 1,653 / 18.36 games

Forgetting they also sold Maignan? Who also had 12 months left on his contract.

Ikone and Bamba were available but no actual bids were made with only interest reported, Yazici still has a long term contract so of course they would want to keep him, no reported bids or interest for Andre.

Don't let your naughty fact get in the way of his opinion.

@kiwiturk I'm feeling the burn from here lol

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, gerblod said:

Two players could have pursued Kante - Soumare was the one who was the closer and noticeably pulled up after a token few yards. One thing that I hate seeing (apart from dirty play) is a player who can't be arsed to have a go.

...when your game is not panning out as it should, you need to work harder!!!

You need to do the dirty work, closing down, putting in tackles, making yourself available for your team.  Some players see part of the game and decide that is not my role and are quite happy to watch the carnage about them and feel that it is not about him, it is they who are failing, he is ok though, he can't be blamed.

He needs to be setting an example and cover every blade of grass and see it as part of the game and not "look what I have done ". It all comes back to a mentality and the way you are.

He so far has not shown his willingness to graft our take control of the game as I believe he can and he needs someone in his ear pretty quick. He needs to learn not to drop his shoulders when he or the team loses the ball, just go and help to win it back.

It is all about the team, he needs to learn that.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Praet is the classic foxestalk idol. 

He doesn't play, ergo he's better than all the players currently playing badly. 

Plus he's a skinny white guy that runs around a lot. 

Ticks all the boxes. 

James Justin is currently experiencing this. He had half a good season but most of foxestalk are expecting the best fullback in the league to return from injury in the next month or so.

12 hours ago, gerblod said:

His thought process was probably “It’s only Kante, he’s not going to…. Oh shit….”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...when your game is not panning out as it should, you need to work harder!!!

You need to do the dirty work, closing down, putting in tackles, making yourself available for your team.  Some players see part of the game and decide that is not my role and are quite happy to watch the carnage about them and feel that it is not about him, it is they who are failing, he is ok though, he can't be blamed.

He needs to be setting an example and cover every blade of grass and see it as part of the game and not "look what I have done ". It all comes back to a mentality and the way you are.

He so far has not shown his willingness to graft our take control of the game as I believe he can and he needs someone in his ear pretty quick. He needs to learn not to drop his shoulders when he or the team loses the ball, just go and help to win it back.

It is all about the team, he needs to learn that.

Whilst not great opposition, he showed against Spartak away what he can do. Was outstanding on that occasion. Perhaps he isn't clear what he is being asked to do and to be fair, we get mullered almost every time we play 2 in midfield. But I agree he needs to demonstrate some more effort. He looks heavy to me. Has he been bulking up for the PL? 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

James Justin is currently experiencing this. He had half a good season but most of foxestalk are expecting the best fullback in the league to return from injury in the next month or so.

.. he is a good player but there is something more about him than just his ball skills!!!

He seems adept at whatever he has been asked to do and an attitude where he drives the team forward because of his winning mentality. 

Not expecting him to hit the ground running, but so long as he can overcome getting back on the pitch and competing, we will have a player capable of going to the very top.

I have a feeling he could become one of our youngest skipper ever, he has that something about him.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, deep blue said:

The problem for me is that Rodgers weakens our midfield (in terms of numbers) as a result of adding the extra defenders to play a 5 man defence.  This ends up in our midfield being overrun, no matter which players you put in there.  Even Youri has has his effectiveness much reduced by being crowded out and afforded less time on the ball this season.

We don’t seem to gamble whatsoever anymore. As a football team sometimes you have to take risks and accept that teams are going to come onto you, giving you the opportunity to exploit them if you win the ball back and hit them on the counter. Unfortunately we seem to have completely gone away from this philosophy. We have arguably the best ball winner in the league/world with 3 cbs behind him (overkill). We’ve set up to give us even greater protection, taking away the attacking threat. When we do win the ball back/the other team are happy to throw full backs onto us to keep us pinned in. We’ve moved away from quickly hitting teams on the break to happily sitting back and inviting pressure on ourselves. It’s obvious to see the players don’t believe in the system anymore…