Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That chance then for Watford. The lad just walks past him and he doesn’t track him 

....he had Evans in his ear, for sometime, when you see the same problem happening every week, you have to nip it in the bud!!!

It has happened too often now, he needs to know it is not acceptable.

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That chance then for Watford. The lad just walks past him and he doesn’t track him 

That's the unforgivable aspect of his game. Giving away a sloppy pass happens, especially if you are trying to be creative. Another player beating you for pace or with a trick can also happen. But just standing there and / or not bothering to track your man is unforgivable in the Premier League. This needs to be sorted out by Brendan because it's costing us goals.

I know he plays in a different position, but look at Amartey or even Albrighton. Those guys are not as talented as Soumare, but they are not lazy defensively. And thus they are more reliable.

Been disappointed in recent weeks by him. The midfield version of Fofana he is not! He will improve but looks like a liability as it stands. Not fit to tie Tieleman's laces as it stands.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

That's the unforgivable aspect of his game. Giving away a sloppy pass happens, especially if you are trying to be creative. Another player beating you for pace or with a trick can also happen. But just standing there and / or not bothering to track your man is unforgivable in the Premier League. This needs to be sorted out by Brendan because it's costing us goals.

I know he plays in a different position, but look at Amartey or even Albrighton. Those guys are not as talented as Soumare, but they are not lazy defensively. And thus they are more reliable.

Been disappointed in recent weeks by him. The midfield version of Fofana he is not! He will improve but looks like a liability as it stands. Not fit to tie Tieleman's laces as it stands.

He has all the raw materials for the PL. Pace and stamina can come with time in the PL. Worried about the game intelligence at being slack marking/track. Personally I think it affects Wilf's game as he tries to do everything (little bit which happened with todays penalty). 

Hope it can be coached out of him but it's affecting us at the mo with not many options available to us. Especially given he will definitely play January and early February

• Like 1

Yeah, he had a better second half, but the first, he just carried on from the Chelsea game. Slow, ponderous, passing the ball sideways and back. On the rare occasion he passed the ball forward, he gave it away. Let's hope he starts the next game as he finished this one, or else it's time for KDH to be given a run of games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Ndidi gave another daft penalty away but it’s a ‘pick on Soumare’ thread, we play as a team, win as a team, and I think we have a great footballer in this bloke… 

It's not picking on him to point out that he's been poor. He has. 

I have no doubt that he will eventually settle and find his role in this team and that it's far too early to write him off but he has not been good enough. Simple as that. 

Ndidi DID give away another daft penalty, no one is defending that but Wilf has also shown what he brings to this side, Bouba thus far has not. He always seems a step behind and chasing the game defensively yet doesn't appear to add anything offensively either. 

Like I said, I have every faith that he will come good eventually but let's not dismiss any RIGHTFULL criticism as "picking on him" when it is nothing more than calling it as it is.