Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

34 minutes ago, Scotch said:

It's not picking on him to point out that he's been poor. He has. 

I have no doubt that he will eventually settle and find his role in this team and that it's far too early to write him off but he has not been good enough. Simple as that. 

Ndidi DID give away another daft penalty, no one is defending that but Wilf has also shown what he brings to this side, Bouba thus far has not. He always seems a step behind and chasing the game defensively yet doesn't appear to add anything offensively either. 

Like I said, I have every faith that he will come good eventually but let's not dismiss any RIGHTFULL criticism as "picking on him" when it is nothing more than calling it as it is. 

Soumare will turn out brilliant, Tielemans didn’t exactly set the world on fire when he finally signed up for us, got to give European players time to adapt… 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Soumare will turn out brilliant, Tielemans didn’t exactly set the world on fire when he finally signed up for us, got to give European players time to adapt… 

Maybe so. No one is arguing otherwise but that doesn't change the fact that up untill now he has been poor. 

Claiming that folk are picking on him for criticising that I'd silly no matter how good he turns out. 

I think he needs some time out the team to settle at the club and work out what his tile is going to be because he doesn't seem to know. 

He seems slow and lumbering, and his work rate is poor too. I really don't know what he adds to the team and he just seems to upset Ndidi when they're together.

And my recollection is that Tielemans impressed from his very first game. Soumare  looks like a Junior Lewis on steroids.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Clearly in the minority here but don’t think I’ve really seen him do much wrong in his time here so far. 

To see what he does wrong, watch him when he doesn't have the ball.  Often ambles around the pitch in positions that are not affecting the game in a positive way, let's opposition players run by him constantly, then when he reacts he doesn't exactly break his neck trying to get back to make a tackle or a block on the guy he has just let waltz by him.  Whether its the speed of the game over here compared to in France, I'm not sure, but he certainly needs to start adopting quickly if it is. 

• Like 4

Really dont know what he offers, just reminds me of Moussa Sissoko. Quite skillful but not particularly great going forward and pretty hopeless when it comes to tracking runners and defending. Just a spare part really atm. Im sure this season in the Prem will do him wonders and he’ll come back a better player next year though.

Edited by South Shire Fox

Just now, The_77 said:

Get help. 

I was at the match today,  not in some poncy pink gloved place miles away.

Soumare's movement and anticipation is abysmal - the game passes him by largely. I hope he improves quickly, for at present he's a waste of money

• Haha 2

Just now, Fox1970 said:

Soumare's movement and anticipation is abysmal - the game passes him by largely. I hope he improves quickly, for at present he's a waste of money

I don’t care if you were in midfield making snow angels out there, that’s an atrocious comparison. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

Would appear a good few disagree with you….not sure I get the pink glove routine, had a 35 mile drive through snow….If you didn’t pick up on my last post Lille won the title….beating PSG in the process…..surely can’t be that bad….

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Would appear a good few disagree with you….not sure I get the pink glove routine, had a 35 mile drive through snow….If you didn’t pick up on my last post Lille won the title….beating PSG in the process…..surely can’t be that bad….

1970 was making a useless comment about the boxing gloves in my avatar. Impressive he could see those with the Junior Lewis comparison he made. Must be nearsighted. 

Can someone explain to me what he actually does? What have people seen that’s impressed them?

I’m not a footballing genius at all so from my rather simple viewpoint he doesn’t appear to attack, he doesn’t defend, he doesn’t slot balls through to the forwards, he just seems to pass the ball sideways whenever the ball comes his way and that’s it. Like he’s there to make up the numbers?

I want him to do well, but I’m not sure what he actually does that he can do well in lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There’s no problem with his ability, the problem is that he’s so fvcking lazy sometimes.

Those saying they haven’t seen him do anything wrong, clearly don’t watch his lack of ability to track back, there was evidence of this in the first half today, Watford had so much space on numerous occasions, because Soumare and Ndidi were nowhere to be seen.

As I’ve mentioned before, his defensive stats for Lille were pretty much non existent, low average in both tackling and intercepting, Benjamin Andre did all that work for Lille, as does Ndidi with us. 

I’m not sure he is the type of player that works in a two, when it comes to Premier League football :mellow:

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I don’t think he has a sprint in his locker and my biggest criticism of him is that he just ambles back when he / we lose possession and the opposition counter attack. That said, I thought he had a decent game today. 

There’s lots to like about him but yes you’re right his ambling about and lack of press is alarming, that part of the game he needs to improve immensely 

Just like when we play 5 at the back, playing Soumare and Ndidi together you'd think we'd be more solid but if anything it's the opposite. They just don't work together and so we are less creative and also less secure at protecting our defence. Its a bad mix right now and a fair chunk of why we are allowing the opposition so many chances on goal.

He was atrocious again today, he's getting worse. I thought prior to the most recent international break he'd shown some good patches of play with a few mistakes but since Tielemans has been out and he's in with Ndidi, just horrible. Ndidi just as bad by the way, both need to get their fingers out.

• Like 1