Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

3 hours ago, Gevans_97 said:

this guy is scary

Different type of player, but he's a bit Vieira esque in that when he first arrived in the Premier League it was hard to believe how good he was for the price paid (3.5m). Soumare obviously a lot more expensive, but then there was inflation to take account of.

Look at the prices of some other central midfielders in the division; Fred 54m, Ndombele 60m, Rodri 60m, Soumare looks a steal compared to those players.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

Soumare and KDH seem better suited to our team than any of Praet, Hamza and Mendy. I would have thought at least one of those three will go before deadline day and I won’t be too disappointed (although I have a lot of time for all of them). 

Would hope we keep Mendy, who offers something different to all of our midfielders right now. I think with the addition of Soumaré and Dewsbury-Hall, two physical box to box mids, Mendy would be exposed less often than he has been in the past.

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Would hope we keep Mendy, who offers something different to all of our midfielders right now. I think with the addition of Soumaré and Dewsbury-Hall, two physical box to box mids, Mendy would be exposed less often than he has been in the past.

I just don't see Mendy getting game time this season unless we have serious injuries. At least one of Mendy or Choudhury needs to go.

13 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I just don't see Mendy getting game time this season unless we have serious injuries. At least one of Mendy or Choudhury needs to go.

Oh for sure he won't be playing much at all, I think Choudhury should go though. If/when we do start Mendy it'll most likely be against lower league sides and smaller EL competition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh for sure he won't be playing much at all, I think Choudhury should go though. If/when we do start Mendy it'll most likely be against lower league sides and smaller EL competition.

It's always a shame when a local player is no longer good enough, but Hamza isn't, now, for us.  Time for him to move on, as much for his sake as the team's.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

In his analysis of Soumare’s impressive debut, Danny Murphy said : “This says to me that Tielemans is on his way. 

That prat is so desparate to get our players away. He really hasn't come to terms with the new LCFC. 

Give it a year and I think we’ll have

Barnes Daka Ian

KDH Ndidi Soumare

Thmas Soy Fofana Justin

Kasper

With Ndidi dropping back and Justin and Thomas bombing forwards. Cashing in on Maddison, Tielemans and Ricardo making at least 180 million.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Barnes Daka Ian

KDH Ndidi Soumare

Thmas Soy Fofana Justin

Kasper

With Ndidi dropping back and Justin and Thomas bombing forwards. Cashing in on Maddison, Tielemans and Ricardo making at least 180 million.

This is how I see it. I think sooner than most people think madders and youri will find it very difficult to get in that midfield, call me crazy but i can just see it developing that way.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

This is how I see it. I think sooner than most people think madders and youri will find it very difficult to get in that midfield, call me crazy but i can just see it developing that way.

Tielemans gets in our midfield for aslong as he's at the club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I currently agree with you, but I’m not going to be surprised with Soumare / KDH taking his place. It’s all about contingency 

I can see us changing formations to fit soumare in with the current duo but I just can't see anyone taking youri's place. He's too good. 

If he does leave though I hope to god he doesn't go to another prem club.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed his performance yesterday - really combative as well as being far more technical than Wilf; they complement each other brilliantly. With his signing and the return of KDH, our midfield has gone from being relatively lightweight to energetic and powerful. 

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Barnes Daka Ian

KDH Ndidi Soumare

Thmas Soy Fofana Justin

Kasper

Barns Daka Ian

Thm KDH Sou Justin

Soy Ndidi Fofa

Kasper

When we attack

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Barnes Daka Ian

KDH Ndidi Soumare

Thmas Soy Fofana Justin

Kasper

I like to think that if we've made a tidy £180 mil, that we could finally afford a new right winger, but based on the last few windows, you're probably right and we would play Nacho out of position. 

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I can see us changing formations to fit soumare in with the current duo but I just can't see anyone taking youri's place. He's too good. 

If he does leave though I hope to god he doesn't go to another prem club.

Youri will leave, not this summer but the next I reckon. Hopefully to Spain/ Germany/ Italy 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Verumex said:

I like to think that if we've made a tidy £180 mil, that we could finally afford a new right winger, but based on the last few windows, you're probably right and we would play Nacho out of position. 

It won’t be as simple as nacho on the wing, he’ll be more of a right forward… similar to how Atalanta play