Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

Thought he put in a decent shift and contributed to the win. He’s not fully adapted to our league yet, but think he has a bright future here.

Vardy, Mahrez, Fuchs, Morgan and Albrighton, amongst others, didn’t particularly shine when they first arrived, but are now all legends in many fans eyes. 

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Clearly in the minority here but don’t think I’ve really seen him do much wrong in his time here so far. 

Probably part of a less vocal majority.

He hasn't set the world on fire yet, but not been disastrous. 

Edited by NaijaFox

We won!  He was in the team.

If everyone was fit, he would not be in my first 11 yet.  KDH could easily start instead of him at the mo.   But it looks like we are sticking with him.

It is early days with him.  I think he is as likely to be a star as a flop.   He needs to iron some stuff out but I think many are over-critical of him.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I need to rewatch the game because I can understand people thinking he didn't do " too " badly (I have to disagree) but to think he had a good game is a big difference. 

I think people are expecting youri. Hes a physical box to box player. He gives us a lot more muscle in the middle and I do think it's no coincidence maddison has played better with two physical players behind him.

Positional he needs work but I don't agree about energy. Think he covered a fair bit of ground, won it in the air, several tackles, passes and interceptions.

Footmob gave him 7/10 which seemed really fair to me.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just like when we play 5 at the back, playing Soumare and Ndidi together you'd think we'd be more solid but if anything it's the opposite. They just don't work together and so we are less creative and also less secure at protecting our defence. Its a bad mix right now and a fair chunk of why we are allowing the opposition so many chances on goal.

He was atrocious again today, he's getting worse. I thought prior to the most recent international break he'd shown some good patches of play with a few mistakes but since Tielemans has been out and he's in with Ndidi, just horrible. Ndidi just as bad by the way, both need to get their fingers out.

Usually agree with you Rick, but atrocious is harsh.

not saying he was great but thought he did ok, steady. Used his physical presence to a bit more. 

His work ethic bothers me mind you

1 hour ago, Fox1970 said:

I was at the match today,  not in some poncy pink gloved place miles away.

Soumare's movement and anticipation is abysmal - the game passes him by largely. I hope he improves quickly, for at present he's a waste of money

I was at the game aswell. He played really well. Maybe your view was obstructed by the snow. Because you clearly weren't watching him. 

33 minutes ago, teblin said:

Usually agree with you Rick, but atrocious is harsh.

not saying he was great but thought he did ok, steady. Used his physical presence to a bit more. 

His work ethic bothers me mind you

Yeah I think I've been too harsh there, just frustrated with his last 3 performances. He was atrocious vs Chelsea, poor vs Legia and today I thought he committed 2 or 3 errors with letting players get past him that made me claim he was perhaps worse than he was.

I just don't get how a player of his perceived robustness can let players go past him like that, hopefully it's just a difference in style and league and he'll get there. Got little qualm that him and Tielemans can't play together though when Ndidi goes to AFCON.

I don’t know why but Ndidi and Soumare just aren’t working together. Ndidi just as bad as Soumare by the way. 

Thought Soumare was excellent alongside Tielemans vs United and Spartak away.

Is definitely a player in there somewhere but isn’t playing with intensity and is hampering our high pressing game at times, and also positionally gets caught out

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

There’s no problem with his ability, the problem is that he’s so fvcking lazy sometimes.

Those saying they haven’t seen him do anything wrong, clearly don’t watch his lack of ability to track back, there was evidence of this in the first half today, Watford had so much space on numerous occasions, because Soumare and Ndidi were nowhere to be seen.

As I’ve mentioned before, his defensive stats for Lille were pretty much non existent, low average in both tackling and intercepting, Benjamin Andre did all that work for Lille, as does Ndidi with us. 

I’m not sure he is the type of player that works in a two, when it comes to Premier League football :mellow:

Blimey our scouting Team are not as good as they are cracked up to be...

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Tbh I think if we hadn't have had 2 silly moments from Castagne and Ndidi today for their goals then most of the same people criticising him would be saying how solid we look with him and Wilf out there.

He was a part of a decent win and if he wasn't new, then no one would be discussing his performance. 

Yes I get what u are saying. Not many are putting in a ‘10/10’ performance and I agree our biggest downfall this season as been individual errors leading to goals