Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

I didn’t get too excited when we signed him as I don’t watch the French league but many journalists praised us for acting quick to sign a big talent. You then watch his YouTube videos (I know this is far from an exact science) and the way he carries the ball reminded me of Kante.

Unfortunately that’s where the comparisons end. Strangely he looks like he lacks aggression sometimes and the way he plods around after losing the ball is pretty poor.

Like others have said, I struggle to see what his actual role is and that’s why I think he will struggle to make a real impact here.

Funny that in ore season friendlies he looked a real find. Ita becoming evident that summer practice games played at half pace and half effort are easier to shine in  than the PL

He's been largely culpable (along with the manager who sets the team up) for our defensive woes. Players can run at us sometimes 60 or 70 yards unchallenged. That might happen 2 or 3 times a season usually. It's happening to us one or twice a game. 

41 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he's better than Mendy who I frankly don't rate what so ever, but Soumare I did think would be a bit better. He's a strange player. I'm still trying to figure out what he really is, what his role actually is.

He has shown glimpses. He was brilliant at Spartak Moscow but don't think he's hit the ground running at all, but like I've said a few times I think we've been pretty bad in general so it's hardly ideal for him.

I agree, the only thing that concerns me is, it’s what was written about him during his time in France. He was compared to Pogba in terms of not really putting in the graft and only ever showing glimpses of what he can do. The one thing he does have is youth and a manager who will seek to get the best out of him. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’m with you, I’m yet to see him do anything Mendy couldn’t do, probably other than physicality. Shows the occasional flashy bit of footwork but other than that he doesn’t show much at all, other than acres of space for the opposition to run into. 

If you read about his time in France it’s largely the same criticism as he gets here, only they think he was lazy too, which he does show here from time to time as well. 

In a nutshell I’m not sold yet, we badly miss Youri. 

In the three games youri has missed we've scored 7 goals. We miss him clearly but the whole setup of the team looks quite balanced going forward.

People seem to forget you need to give people time. Not everyone hits the ground running. People said Evans was past it after a few games of him being here, vardy many people would’ve sold for not being good enough for the championship.

if this time next season we are saying the same things then maybe he wasn’t the right choice. I have seen the odd glimpse that he has something about him.

We as a club rarely buy a player who is the finish article, because we don't operate in that way. We buy players who have potential with room to develop. Soumare I’ve seen enough to suggest Sourmare has that potential to develop into a really good player for us. Potential takes time to develop, so lets give him some time to develop. At the end of the day its up to him to realise him potential 

For all his fault his is useful in the physical battle, gave us a presence in midfield against the like of Sissoko.

Grew in the game for me as it turn into more of a battle. 

People expecting the finish article, we don't buy them.

Him and Daka are for the future. 

I’ve not been overly impressed by Soumare so far, but it’s his energy, positional play and passing that is most at fault. He clearly has ability on the ball. It’s better that way around as you can’t coach ability, but you can coach the other things.

He’s only 22 and I realised that he’s younger than KDH who we’re probably more inclined to give time to develop. He could become a player who develops with time (Vardy, Barnes, Justin etc) or be another Demarai Gray. It’s too early to call at the moment 

Lot of people on here saying Mendy is the man…..played 75 games in 4/5 years, not played since last season, left out of the squad for this season….either the coaching staff are missing something watching him every single day, or those that haven’t seen him in action for over six months know better…..this forum is amazing….

He has potential.  He's not lazy.

There are things he has done well.  There are areas where he needs to step up.  

It must be marginal between him and KDH.  

He is not first choice.   He has filled in for Ndidi and Tielemans.   Different players to him, different players to each other.   

He could be a real talent.   He has not been top level yet.   I wouldn't be surprised if we were singing his praises in the future.

14 hours ago, Master Fox said:

I was thinking Kenya. 

It gets worse...think of an African country that you can name and pick that!  It is like saying Jamie Vardy comes from Russia. BTW Kenya speaks English as one of its official languages, what link would that have with a French speaker?

• Like 1