Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

Just now, Lako42 said:

Where is our Patrick Viera?

I think he'd be something special even if he was half as good as Viera was.

At the minute I think give Dewsbury-Hall a run as he gave us something more when he came on last night.

I understand people are frustrated at the moment but some of these comments are way over the top.

We lack form all over the pitch and it seems like Soumare is the latest scapegoat for that. Maddison was getting the same treatment at the start of the season but has come good again, people just need to be patient.

I agree that Soumare probably needs some time out of the starting lineup and KDH deserves a chance but let's not completely write the guy off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think he'd be something special even if he was half as good as Viera was.

At the minute I think give Dewsbury-Hall a run as he gave us something more when he came on last night.

Soumaré, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Lookman are generally not doing well on here. Daka is finding Vardy an immovable object ( for how long? Who knows.) Ah transfer windows , don't we love 'em. KDH can be the best addition of all and he cost nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Soumaré, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Lookman are generally not doing well on here. Daka is finding Vardy an immovable object ( for how long? Who knows.) Ah transfer windows , don't we love 'em. KDH can be the best addition of all and he cost nothing.

Our transfer window this past summer was shocking. I never understood the Bertrand signing because we've got Thomas coming through. All of the signings were squad players at best aside from Soumare who I thought would have been better than he has been.

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Our transfer window this past summer was shocking. I never understood the Bertrand signing because we've got Thomas coming through. All of the signings were squad players at best aside from Soumare who I thought would have been better than he has been.

Almost everyone on here (my recollection) said we needed an experience LB to replace Fuchs in the squad, mentor and rotate with Thomas. I for one thought he was the ideal signing, and it looked it pre-season. Maybe Covid's affected him more than we know?

• Like 2

When he has the ball i quite like him, decent range of passing, decent touch, like how he can run with the ball. The major problem is when we don’t have the ball, we might as well be defending with 10 men, doesn’t have the intensity in his pressing, defensive sprints and poor positional play. Hopefully the penny will drop and then we will have a very decent player on our hands 

• Like 1

People need to realise that Soumaré is a product of the French league, it is a completely different intensity and when the premier league games are like a basketball game, he looks like a rabbit caught in headlights.  If the team had a bit more control in games, which Rodgers wants, but is not getting at the moment, then I think you would see a more progressive development!

Bit disappointing at times but I do think he’ll be a cracking midfielder maybe give him a few games in the u23’s to gain more experience rather than the Premier league where he’s more likely to drop his confidence with poor performances than the PL2 fixtures get big Steve B to get the lad up to strength & quality performances?

26 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Almost everyone on here (my recollection) said we needed an experience LB to replace Fuchs in the squad, mentor and rotate with Thomas. I for one thought he was the ideal signing, and it looked it pre-season. Maybe Covid's affected him more than we know?

I think it has because prior to it I thought he looked okay.

I said when we signed him that Thomas would need a loan move as I thought he'd be preferred over Thomas. Who knows, he might have been too if it wasn't for Covid.

46 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

So what do we do when JJ and RP are back. Someone or 2 will be Disappointed. Those 2 plus Castagne should be in the side. Rotate?

I mean, this is why the JJ hype is a bit ott on here really. Assuming everyone was on the same form and fitness, he's comfortably behind both Castagne and Ricky in selection. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Huh? Bertrand? A player who cost wages only and was purchased as a replacement for Fuchs.

Daka a squad player? Whatever.

I suspect Rodgers knows that Bouba is way off. Early season he couldn't get near the team and Rodgers alluded in an interview that he needed too much time on the ball in training 

I'm guessing he's chosen to play him.to accelerate his learning curve (a kinda sink ir swim move), or, possibly, he's protecting the lad's value. 

Either way, the poor lad is an absolute car crash. But so was Cags at first. And Rodgers didn't  rate him either (he was desperate for a Maguire replacement) but fortunately for us (and the manager) Cags stepped up. So players can kick on. 

The current set up and shape (either all defenders or all attackers) is crucifing Bouba though, exaggerating the weaknesses in his game

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Huh? Bertrand? A player who cost wages only and was purchased as a replacement for Fuchs.

Daka a squad player? Whatever.

Regardless of transfer fees, I was talking about the team not being an improvement from last season.

And why do people keep saying we needed a replacement for Fuchs? Fuchs played less than 10 games last season.

Forgot about Daka tbf but Rodgers formation of one up front means Daka never gets a game in the league anyway.

Edited by Fox92

In earlier games I saw a raw player. But with clear technical and physical abilities. But more recently he looks lost and sadly somewhat disinterested at times. I think he's a young player finding his place and still learning his game. Brendan needs to look after him and manage his dwindling confidence. However, as to what type of midfielder he actually is I have no idea. But certainly not a defensive midfielder. 

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Regardless of transfer fees, I was talking about the team not being an improvement from last season.

And why do people keep saying we needed a replacement for Fuchs? Fuchs played less than 10 games last season.

Forgot about Daka tbf but Rodgers formation of one up front means Daka never gets a game in the league anyway.

Yet. Your banking on Vardy staying healthy over the whole season? Time for the club to strengthen the way it plays best. Not put in Iheanacho who doesn't suit that style.

Patience. Investments are made with a view to performance over time.

57 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, this is why the JJ hype is a bit ott on here really. Assuming everyone was on the same form and fitness, he's comfortably behind both Castagne and Ricky in selection. 

Not sure, JJ was showing pre injury he was much better at left back than Ricky and Castagne are.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I suspect Rodgers knows that Bouba is way off. Early season he couldn't get near the team and Rodgers alluded in an interview that he needed too much time on the ball in training 

I'm guessing he's chosen to play him.to accelerate his learning curve (a kinda sink ir swim move), or, possibly, he's protecting the lad's value. 

Either way, the poor lad is an absolute car crash. But so was Cags at first. And Rodgers didn't  rate him either (he was desperate for a Maguire replacement) but fortunately for us (and the manager) Cags stepped up. So players can kick on. 

The current set up and shape (either all defenders or all attackers) is crucifing Bouba though, exaggerating the weaknesses in his game

It is so common that players moving to the EPL from abroad take time to settle in.  He was great last year, and Im sure he will improve with experience.

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

A football team is more than what we see on the pitch. You NEED senior players in the dressing room and around the young lads. We lost Morgan and Fichs in the summer. That two influential figures in the dressing room that can help nurture the young talent we have. 

Two young FBs like JJ and Thomas are going to grow faster as players with guys like Bertrand and Fuchs around them. 

Admittedly, I was hoping for more from Bertrand ON the pitch but if we aren't getting that we atleast should be milking them for their influence and using it to show our younger players what is expected of them as professionals. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Not sure, JJ was showing pre injury he was much better at left back than Ricky and Castagne are.

That's a good point. Both a bit of a disappointment on the left when asked.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

He would have been in the mix to be Englands starting LB in the Euros had he not got injured.  His progress was astounding last season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

JJ's peak performances at left back are above anything Castagne has produced at either right or left back.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Yet. Your banking on Vardy staying healthy over the whole season? Time for the club to strengthen the way it plays best. Not put in Iheanacho who doesn't suit that style.

Patience. Investments are made with a view to performance over time.

No. Never mentioned Vardy. I'd rather us play two up front anyway, I've always said it.