Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

10 minutes ago, Scotch said:

A football team is more than what we see on the pitch. You NEED senior players in the dressing room and around the young lads. We lost Morgan and Fichs in the summer. That two influential figures in the dressing room that can help nurture the young talent we have. 

Two young FBs like JJ and Thomas are going to grow faster as players with guys like Bertrand and Fuchs around them. 

Admittedly, I was hoping for more from Bertrand ON the pitch but if we aren't getting that we atleast should be milking them for their influence and using it to show our younger players what is expected of them as professionals. 

Not doubting you don't but there's a difference between players like Morgan and Fuchs, players who have won with us and been here for years, and Bertrand coming in from another club.

Although we don't see what goes on behind closed doors anyway. People always mention the experience thing but it's strange how the top clubs don't just bring in older players "for the dressing room" (aside from Silva at Chelsea but tbf he plays every week also).

I'm guessing as much as you are.

Edited by Fox92

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not going to agree with the 'lazy" label!!

But you are right that with Ndidi in the midfield he should not be struggling as he is.

I don't think he sees tracking back and getting involved in the defence as part of his remit just as he does not view getting in the box as part of his remit as well.

Rodgers is asking for something that he does not naturally bring to the team and he (Soumare) is in two minds about his own game, and what is required of him.

So far we have only seen occasional moments of potential, we need to see the real Soumare and I do not think Rodgers can see who he is, instead of what he thinks he could be.

That’s all fair enough and maybe we do t understand what his role is..

but he’s certainly not this box to box player that we were told.. (1 goal in 70 odd games told us that anyway.)

last night he simply gave nothing energy wise… early in the Watford game he was nowhere near sissoko bursts into the box either.. he’s carrying weight to me.. but that shouldn’t stop him from at least trying..

watch the first half back , Southampton attacks in our Pen area, he’s not on his toes, waiting to react or attacking balls, he’s simply just stood there..

not what you want from a CM.

will be more than glad to see KDH get some games now..

42 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not doubting you don't but there's a difference between players like Morgan and Fuchs, players who have won with us and been here for years, and Bertrand coming in from another club.

Although we don't see what goes on behind closed doors anyway. People always mention the experience thing but it's strange how the top clubs don't just bring in older players "for the dressing room" (aside from Silva at Chelsea but tbf he plays every week also).

I'm guessing as much as you are.

I'm guessing that the aim would have been to bring in players who yes, were experienced and professional in how they hold themselves but who could also contribute on the pitch. That would have been the hope for Bertrand and Vestegaard... I don't think anyone could predict just how bad they would have been. 

Both have been poor signings so far, I don't think anyone could deny that but I totally see why they were brought in. On paper they looked like good signings, Bertrand in particular. It just hasn't turned out that way. 

• Like 1

You never write a player off this early. I don't see how anyone can say he will be good or bad for us in the long term as he's barely played in the grand scheme of things.

There's enough there to know he's got a bit, but they've got to work with him on the training ground, I'd seriously be looking to play him in the U23s till I was happy that he understands the importance of putting in a shift and being focused.. Not as punishment, but purely to prevent our first team from suffering as a result of his regular lapses in concentration.

• Like 2

Just now, Scotch said:

I'm guessing that the aim would have been to bring in players who yes, were experienced and professional in how they hold themselves but who could also contribute on the pitch. That would have been the hope for Bertrand and Vestegaard... I don't think anyone could predict just how bad they would have been. 

Both have been poor signings so far, I don't think anyone could deny that but I totally see why they were brought in. On paper they looked like good signings, Bertrand in particular. It just hasn't turned out that way. 

Exactly my thinking too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, this is why the JJ hype is a bit ott on here really. Assuming everyone was on the same form and fitness, he's comfortably behind both Castagne and Ricky in selection. 

I’m not so sure, in the last few games before his injury he was consistently good. It’ll take a while to get back to form though. 

9 hours ago, Tanya said:

I hope the half time benching sends the right message.

Unlike some, I don't think most posters are writing him off. He hasn't been good enough yet and frankly I think he's cost us points. That said, he's very young and new to the league and I'm sure we are all pulling for him to have a great career here. Some time out of the side to get his fitness up to standard will help  

...would make you wonder, why is there a fitness issue!!!

Sending him off to the Tigers and getting Aled to run through training routines, should quickly sort him out. Hard to believe a professional football player is lacking fitness, unless they are coming back from a long term injury.

Whilst we have a fair number of french speaking players at the club, it should also be remembered that when he arrived he spoke no English. I seem to recall that Puel said Soyuncu was not ready for the first team as there were communication problems due to his lack of English when he arrived here. Maybe there is a bit of an issue here with soumare  too. He is a young man, in a new country where he does not speak the language so it is bound to take him a while to settle both on and off the pitch. 

I was really excited with his signing and hope that he does develop into the player we all thought we were getting.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2021 at 17:18, urban fox said:

Whilst we have a fair number of french speaking players at the club, it should also be remembered that when he arrived he spoke no English. I seem to recall that Puel said Soyuncu was not ready for the first team as there were communication problems due to his lack of English when he arrived here. Maybe there is a bit of an issue here with soumare  too. He is a young man, in a new country where he does not speak the language so it is bound to take him a while to settle both on and off the pitch. 

I was really excited with his signing and hope that he does develop into the player we all thought we were getting.

Not knowing the language doesn’t stop you from running/trying  😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

This lads been getting pelters lately but I thought he did ok today . Yes he wasn’t outstanding but was a lot more composed 

I reckon he benefitted form having a clear role , but yes, did little wrong.

might see wilf as CB and soumare as CDM for a few games - not saying this is optimal but...

Edited by ParkerPen
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

This lads been getting pelters lately but I thought he did ok today . Yes he wasn’t outstanding but was a lot more composed 

Agreed. 

Looked a bit off the pace but did the simple things fine. If he had KDH's aggression he'd be very good and we'd profit from it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Still think he lacks pace and maybe because he looks overweight to me. But credit for a much improved 2nd half performance. 

I think that's his problem at the minute does seem slightly overweight.. he is a good player but needs to lose a few pounds

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Still think he lacks pace and maybe because he looks overweight to me. But credit for a much improved 2nd half performance. 

He probably idolises Pogba , but in truth ,given his talent , Pogba is one of the most annoying players I can think of.

15 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Think he plays better when he hasn't got Ndidi alongside him in midfield. Played better today once Ndidi was moved into the back 4.

• Like 2

he can't play in the same midfield as Wilf they want to do the same thing and wind up with neither of them being effective, Wilf's long term future may be at CB anyway, he certainly has all the attributes for it

• Like 2