Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

20 hours ago, filbertway said:

Haha! That's a good start :D

I'm just joking around anyway mate, I have a fair few disagreements on here with people including yourself, but I don't consider my opinion to be factual or the correct way of thinking. I appreciate everyone elses opinions, life is too short to get upset because people don't agree with you :)

No worries, I love this place, just talking to people who have a passion for City, if we all thought the same it would be boring. 

• Like 1

On 17/12/2021 at 14:52, eblair said:

he must be good at something statistically, we must have signed him for a reason

i have been really critical of him but there must be something there, he has shown glimpses

the statistics he's best in are around ball progression, both passing and dribbling. last couple of seasons at lille he had pretty outrageous numbers for both. essentially, he's very good at getting the ball forward from deep positions. there's a good summary here

admittedly, he hasn't really shown much of this for us so far. the pl has a much more intense style of pressing than ligue 1 but hopefully he can adapt. it's easy to forget that he's also quite young - younger than kdh even - so all hsi best years are likely ahead of him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

the statistics he's best in are around ball progression, both passing and dribbling. last couple of seasons at lille he had pretty outrageous numbers for both. essentially, he's very good at getting the ball forward from deep positions. there's a good summary here

admittedly, he hasn't really shown much of this for us so far. the pl has a much more intense style of pressing than ligue 1 but hopefully he can adapt. it's easy to forget that he's also quite young - younger than kdh even - so all hsi best years are likely ahead of him.

....pretty much what a lot of forum posters do not realise!!!

They expect something completely different from him, and do not understand his strengths.

He’s not a DM at all. We actually need to sign a decent holding player in the summer because none of Soumare, Choudhury and Mendy are good enough to play that role. 

We’re easy to play through most of the time, even when Ndidi’s in midfield. When he’s in the backline we have very little steel centrally.

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He’s not a DM at all. We actually need to sign a decent holding player in the summer because none of Soumare, Choudhury and Mendy are good enough to play that role. 

We’re easy to play through most of the time, even when Ndidi’s in midfield. When he’s in the backline we have very little steel centrally.

Soumare never was the “defensive” DM at Lille, he was the more progressive player

Edited by moore_94

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

For someone who isn’t actually a proper defensive midfielder he made an unreal amount of contributions defensively tonight

12 duels won, 3 lost

3 clearances

1 foul won, 0 conceded

4 tackles attempted, 3 succeeded

3 aerials won, 1 lost

1 interception

13 recoveries

That's great to see. I thought he played well. Not amazingly but a welcome improvement. Hopefully by next season he comes good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Call me a silly sausage but I see more of a future with a midfield of KDH, Youri (for now :( ) and Soumare, than one involving Ndidi 

said before but I can see Wilf moving to CB permanently, as Fofana's replacement when we inevitably sell him in a year or so

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Wilf made big errors in the games he has played CB this season.. 

He’s an ok fill in during desperate times.. nothing more than that

He makes errors because he so rarely plays the position.

Given a good run of games, I could see him being a very good CB

• Like 1

On a day like today maybe it's a bit harsh to be critical, but Bouba for me was off the pace and gave the ball away far too often, something he has been guilty of all season.

After so many games, I am not so sure he's got what it takes to play in the Premier League. He keeps making the same sort of mistakes and I feel like the pace of the league is too fast for him. He's not on the Adrien Silva level of being unable to adapt, but quite honestly I would say Nampalys Mendy has been more impressive for us than Soumare so far. I really hope I am wrong on this because I sung his praises massively at the start of the season, but I am concerned.

It hasn't helped him that Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall has turned up and looked like the player I expected Soumare to be. KDH looks like the Ligue 1 winner to me, and one of the first names on the team sheet.

Bouba is still young and hopefully can adapt, but I'm a lot less positive on him than at the start of the season.

• Like 2