Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Being his first, and a difficult season to adapt! i will write it off and really start judging him and his performances in 2022 after pre-season.

He can be thankful that he signed for us as some other clubs (Arsenal) fans would've destroyed him by now. 

16 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think it's been said before. But we will see the logic in his signing next season. He's a bit off the pace currently and is still learning. But there is undoubted talent. Hopefully he can fully acclimatise and be boss next year  

....he seems to grow into games, not on it at the start but looks to get up to speed later on!!!

There are games where the pace has been relentless and he has got up to pace but the next game he is back to square one, not sure what is needed or how to link the backline with the forwards.

A lot of posters were unsure what he was supposed to bring to the team, take a look at KDH and you will understand what a good acquisition he should be it was. The only problem is he is not bringing in what we need to the table.

Edited by sacreblueits442

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Not one of the standouts but I thought he had a decent game.

In duels (ground or aerial) he will come out on top the majority of the time.

76% pass completion - 6th highest of 13 outfield players used

8 ground duels won, 3 lost - Most ground duels won in team

2 headed clearances

100% dribble completion (1/1)

100% tackle completion (1/1)

6 aerial duels won, 1 lost - Most aerial duels won in team

5 recoveries - 3rd most recoveries (behind only Wilf and KDH)

Further proof that he's unbelievably harshly judged on here. What was hamzas pass completion? 

Hes alot better than people on here credit him. 

10 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Further proof that he's unbelievably harshly judged on here. What was hamzas pass completion? 

Hes alot better than people on here credit him. 

Hamza actually had 85% pass completion haha, although he only attempted 13 passes in 56 minutes

Soumare had the 2nd highest amount of passes completed and the 2nd highest amount of passes attempted - only KDH is ahead of him

Lookman - 100% (12/12)

Iheanacho - 89% (16/18)

Choudhury - 85% (11/13)

Amartey - 84% (26/31)

Ndidi - 82% (31/38)

Soumare - 75% (33/44)

Tielemans - 75% (18/24)

Castagne - 70% (23/33)

Thomas - 70% (19/27)

KDH - 69% (35/51)

Kasper - 53% (17/32)

Maddison - 63% (10/16)

Albrighton - 63% (5/8)

Vardy - 55% (6/11)

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

He can't cope with the pace at the minute. The game just moves too quick for him. As a consequence his decision making is often poor and he loses the ball. 

He is very good in one v one duels and strong in the air. I think there is a good player in there but it will take lots of patience (as he will make errors on the way).

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hamza actually had 85% pass completion haha, although he only attempted 13 passes in 56 minutes

Soumare had the 2nd highest amount of passes completed and the 2nd highest amount of passes attempted - only KDH is ahead of him

Lookman - 100% (12/12)

Iheanacho - 89% (16/18)

Choudhury - 85% (11/13)

Amartey - 84% (26/31)

Ndidi - 82% (31/38)

Soumare - 75% (33/44)

Tielemans - 75% (18/24)

Castagne - 70% (23/33)

Thomas - 70% (19/27)

KDH - 69% (35/51)

Kasper - 53% (17/32)

Maddison - 63% (10/16)

Albrighton - 63% (5/8)

Vardy - 55% (6/11)

Interestingly higher than players you wouldn't have expected him to be. 

Do people just dislike him because he looks calm? Because it's really weird. 

He definitely put the effort in but I was never comfortable when he had the ball in our half. 

2 horror passes that could have easily led to goals. 

Needs to grow in composure. It’s not that he can’t make the passes, just that he’s been panicked when he realizes he doesn’t have time. I know we’d all jeer but I genuinely wouldn’t mind if our guys would hoof it in those moments 

I think people are particularly harsh on soumare because despite his age he is supposed to be a proven player, he has champions league experience and won the league in France against a 1 billion pound PSG squad. If you compare him to Fofana for example who had only around 20 games in ligue 1 for a relegation threatened side, Soumare should seemingly be on a completely different level to him in terms of composure and quality, yet it's the other way around. Hopefully it's just a settling in phase as i personally had very high hopes for the lad.

8 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Interestingly higher than players you wouldn't have expected him to be. 

Do people just dislike him because he looks calm? Because it's really weird. 

I don't dislike him at all and will give him more than 6 months to prove himself. Still willing to give him time to prove himself and settle down.

There's plenty of players at bigger clubs that didn't settle in their first season at a new club/higher level (or both). Then the following season they've adapted and everyone sees how good they are.

The one thing I didn't like yesterday, however, is that at times in the first half he looked a bit languid and laboured when passing it - notably giving the ball away in our own half and then putting repeated pressure on the defence again. He wasn't the only one - Amartey and Castagne I think were the 2 other culprits. However I did like that he didn't just give up - he dug in like the rest of the team and actually looked a bit calmer and composed when facing up to their pressure as the game nearly finished. He put a shift in and that's the minimum people can ask for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Brendan did say this season was a bit soon for him and Daka, obviously Daka has been a pleasant surprise but Soumare has a few things to work out like what his role actually is as well as adapting to the league so it’s a big ask. 

A lot of system and line up changes wont be helping him settle either

Started in a 3 with Youri and Wilf, then into a 2 with Youri, then into a 2 with Wilf, last night in a 3 with KDH and Hamza

Each time he will be having to play a different role

Once things get a bit better with squad availability and we are able to put out a line up consistently where he can be playing the same or similar role every game I am sure he will settle down

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't dislike him at all and will give him more than 6 months to prove himself. Still willing to give him time to prove himself and settle down.

There's plenty of players at bigger clubs that didn't settle in their first season at a new club/higher level (or both). Then the following season they've adapted and everyone sees how good they are.

The one thing I didn't like yesterday, however, is that at times in the first half he looked a bit languid and laboured when passing it - notably giving the ball away in our own half and then putting repeated pressure on the defence again. He wasn't the only one - Amartey and Castagne I think were the 2 other culprits. However I did like that he didn't just give up - he dug in like the rest of the team and actually looked a bit calmer and composed when facing up to their pressure as the game nearly finished. He put a shift in and that's the minimum people can ask for.

Nicely put and I appreciate that. 

I'm not going to say he wasn't at fault for some of the passes because some were pretty bad. But there were a good few where it was played into him he was pressed by Henderson and/or one other and there was absolutley no movement around him to pop it off. I dont think it's a coincidence when we bought on lookman and (although he didn't have his best game) tielemans, soumare's passing improved. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

The trouble is that he seems to me to be a bit of a stroller.  A bit like Inler was.

I'm not sure how he will ever to adapt to the PL because I'm not sure he has the physical attributes.  He has the strength but not the pace or the engine and I'm yet to discover what role he was actually signed for.

He's the player we never knew we didn't need.

Edited by murphy