Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

2 hours ago, Tanya said:

Can someone please explain to me the point of Soumare as a player? He's not alert and proactive enough as a DCM and he's not progressive enough as an ACM...so...what is he for? What is he meant to do for us?

...he is KDH with an understanding of the pace, temperament and the confidence in his own knowledge that he can play at this level!!!

Soumare has shown over a season that he is a more than capable midfield player, who links the defense and the attack. He will not be diving around in the penalty area, making blocks or getting on the end of moves to convert in the oppositions box. That area between the two is where he operates, he just has not come to terms with what he needs to do, in order to be successful in this team. 

Perhaps what he brings is not what  we require, now KDH has come on the scene.

He looks an imperious player, and should he come to terms with the Premier league, he will be an absolute star for any team.

• Haha 1

On 20/01/2022 at 14:07, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is KDH with an understanding of the pace, temperament and the confidence in his own knowledge that he can play at this level!!!

Soumare has shown over a season that he is a more than capable midfield player, who links the defense and the attack. He will not be diving around in the penalty area, making blocks or getting on the end of moves to convert in the oppositions box. That area between the two is where he operates, he just has not come to terms with what he needs to do, in order to be successful in this team. 

He looks an imperious player, and should he come to terms with the Premier league, he will be an absolute star for any team.

I think he is a talented player, but with the wrong style to fit in our team. He will reach his potential with another manager, here or elsewhere.

What we needed today, and on Wednesday was a player like Praet, who was great at keeping a cool head and controlling a midfield while doing nothing spectacular. He had great game awareness.

• Like 3

On 20/01/2022 at 14:07, sacreblueits442 said:

Looks a lazy arsed, clueless footballer tome.when he comes on we concede. 

• Like 2

Soumare often takes a bit of time to grow in confidence during games IMO, looking better in the second half of games that I have seen. Bringing him on with a few minutes to go when the whole team is under pressure and struggling not ideal at all.

Hamza or even Perez tend to start games a bit quicker and get stuck in a bit more

• Like 1

I genuinely feel at bit of a lost end with Bouba! I really want him to do well, physically he looks colossus, but he just doesn’t contribute anything and his positioning and lack of awareness is incredible at times.

It was clear we were lacking legs across the pitch for the last half hour, we couldnt keep the ball, no one was moving, many legs appeared to have gone. So on paper bringing Bouba on was a sensible choice, but what did he do? He doesn’t impact the game in terms of tackling or progressing the ball when in possession, in fact my lingering summary of his performance can be summed up when Daka had gone down with his injury and Webster had the ball in the RCB position, Bouba is literally walking and pointing at Daka as Webster runs with the ball PAST Bouba and then starts attacking our backline whilst Bouba then starts to jog back in a half hearted manner to help out the team. Absolute criminal immature mindset where they’ve broken past our first blocker because, quite frankly, he’s either incredibly thick and/or got the awareness or work ethic of a tree. For me, he’s already been bypassed by KDH but I’m starting to wonder whether Hamza actually starts to get the nod in CDM which is quite frankly embarrassing for a player that has any ambition of playing any kind of meaningful role

in our squad going forward.

I accept there’s a bit of a conditioning phase when coming from overseas but I’m struggling to see the basics in him, he’s been hugely underwhelming so far and I’m not sure how you can coach out what appears to be just a raw lack of judgement and work ethic in a position that demands both as an absolute minimum requirement.

He was superb in the away game v Spartak, driving forward with the ball, committing defenders and then laying in accurate passes for the likes of Maddison to create stuff. That's what we thought we would be getting when we bought him, I think. Unfortunately he's never looked like doing the same in the PL so far. Hopefully it's a confidence thing and over time he'll step up. After all, it's not uncommon for overseas players to struggle in their first season in the PL before coming good once they've adjusted. 

• Like 2

To me, he has in his sub appearances recently appeared to jog and miss out when he should be breaking his neck to sprint to where he is going.

It makes it look like he can't be arsed, which I would hope isn't the case.

I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Watched in him warm up and he was class (where as Vesty still looked like dog turd), but obviously the game is a different matter. Doesn't look like he's an impact sub, so needs more starts and to get that confidence up. Ideally he would have started the Watford FA cup match, and with the forest and randers games coming up he will get that chance. Very young. Next year is the time for him, this year is the development year.

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

Looks a lazy arsed, clueless footballer tome.when he comes on we concede. 

Unfortunately his work ethic seems sadly lacking. Hes a big unit but players ghost by him like he's not there. He has zero pace and positional awareness. I thought we were getting Viera but ended up with Gokhan Inler.

Obviously has talent but seems like another Ndombele/Pogba that can't be arsed to run around and waits for the ball to come to him. Gone from being outstanding in France to now being behind young Dewsbury-Hall in the pecking order, and rightly so at the minute. 

....just looking at his game, his position should be in a midfield 3, along with Ndidi and Tielemans!!!

His role would be a "free role" where he goes anywhere he wants within his half of the pitch. Ndidi plays a certain role and he also has a licence to roam but Soumare needs to not be involved in what Wilf does. Tielemans is required to orchestrate the game for the team, and with Wilf and Soumare, his workload is not as heavy, so he can join the attack more without too much need of the defensive side of his game.

KDH has however become the link with the defence, midfield and supporting the forwards, he does what Soumare is supposed to do, and much more.

How can Soumare fit into this team, even with rotation, he does not replicate KDH, nor understand how to fit into the niche area allocated to him, in the midfield.

He has to understand what Wilf does and what he needs and the same for Youri and then adjust his game to become fluid with them.

KDH has an easier role (not in the sense of work rate) but being the box to box player where he covers the pitch and keeps us going forward. Soumare's role is more intricate and it is either something that was built around him, or a matter of luck, that a group of people knitted together and established a system which seems flawless at Lille.

The easier option would be to retain KDH in the three and Soumare is coached for the box to box role. The alternative would be to build around him in order to fit a system that will work for him or alternatively let him go.

• 3 weeks later...