Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

8 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Soumaré's greatest strength has always been driving up the field with the ball rather than passing it there.

Pretty much our entire squad lacks confidence right now and I feel like Soumaré is just scared shitless of losing the ball if he goes for one of his runs hence he just plays the safe passes.

This…..

I’ve hardly seen one of his lung busting drive forward runs so far, like he was doing in France.

I understand these are different leagues but those brave enough, with a bit or arrogance go for it.

As others have said, devoid of confidence.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turkish14 said:

This…..

I’ve hardly seen one of his lung busting drive forward runs so far, like he was doing in France.

I understand these are different leagues but those brave enough, with a bit or arrogance go for it.

As others have said, devoid of confidence.

....it does not account for not putting in a shift!!!

Allowing runners to go untracked is criminal and something that has happened since he came to us. If you are not getting on the ball as much as you would like, it would be best to up your workrate, playing yourself into the game and getting use to the colleagues around you.

21 hours ago, jim5000 said:

That video is a million miles away from what we are seeing in the Premier League. Either he hasn't made the step up, or the coaching team and tactics are not supporting him.

Coaching and tactics ? !!

...can a lack of confidence do to Soumare, what we are witnessing right now!!!

Everything about the show reel is positive and he wants to be involved and impose himself on the game.  Then we see him play for us and you wonder how can there be so much of a difference.

Was there not a situation where a player impersonated another play, and was not licensed to play the game professionally. You get the feeling that we are watching the same thing in action, because the two things we are seeing are miles apart.

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it does not account for not putting in a shift!!!

Allowing runners to go untracked is criminal and something that has happened since he came to us. If you are not getting on the ball as much as you would like, it would be best to up your workrate, playing yourself into the game and getting use to the colleagues around you.

What does putting in a shift mean? To work hard I assume?

how does that actually happen, do you think he says to himself “**** this I cannot be arsed today’ 

humans have to be motivated, and driven to do this plus in a life of a professional footballer have the fitness to do so.

so if he’s not backtracking enough (I’m not disagreeing) then either his fitness isn’t up to the required level, if not why not is the question.

If it’s more mindset, than again why not, still comes back in large parts to confidence. Players and elite level whilst been watched by thousands in the stadium and millions worldwide don’t just decide to play/be shit. 

There is usually a good reason and for me he is devoid of any confidence to get on the ball, drive forward, back track which at this level is glaring.

Think there is definitely a player in there, but he looks unfit and like many others in this squad, mentally fragile. He did ok against a very good Liverpool side at Anfield, but clearly struggling to adapt to the pace of this league.

We seem to have far too many weak minded, low confidence players at the mo and no-one to stand up and take the game by the scruff of the neck....craving leadership!! how have we become so soft? 

• Like 1

BR own comments on him in the last day or so confirms what we all think.

the thing is, from his performances in France, he looked made for the PL.

yet his work ethic is right at the other end of the spectrum since he has played for us..

surely that is BR tactically ??

it’s like when BR says that we started the game slowly for the 20th game running… yet nothing changes on the pitch 

• Like 1

I had not seen that video of him before. I know it's only his best bits but he looks terrific & just the type of player we are currently crying out for.

Who knows why we have not seen these performances yet. His confidence looks very low & he seems a bit overawed by it all

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I'm at the stage where I'm not going to judge players too much under this manager, I think most of our squad isn't being played in a suitable way.

Not to defend the poorer performances but we are a difficult team to show consistent quality in.

I Haven’t seen enough of Soumare but you’re right. Not a single player is playing well and at least 75% of the squad are playing well below their normal levels under Brendan.

• Like 2

Thought he did well in his earlier appearances but has struggled to adapt to the pace of the league and has been part of an inconsistent team without a settled formation. Looks like his confidence has suffered as a result and being brought on as a late sub in some of the games we've blew late on won't of done his confidence any good either. Not writing him off yet and really hope he comes good. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, turkish14 said:

What does putting in a shift mean? To work hard I assume?

how does that actually happen, do you think he says to himself “**** this I cannot be arsed today’ 

humans have to be motivated, and driven to do this plus in a life of a professional footballer have the fitness to do so.

so if he’s not backtracking enough (I’m not disagreeing) then either his fitness isn’t up to the required level, if not why not is the question.

If it’s more mindset, than again why not, still comes back in large parts to confidence. Players and elite level whilst been watched by thousands in the stadium and millions worldwide don’t just decide to play/be shit. 

There is usually a good reason and for me he is devoid of any confidence to get on the ball, drive forward, back track which at this level is glaring.

...you do not leave a country after having won the league and move to another country without having a belief that you can succeed in your new environment!!!

He would have played in front of large crowds previously, experiencing pressure when trying to clinch the title at Lille. 

As the new boy at school you try to fit in the best that you can. In this instance the least you can to is to work hard and listen to the people around you.

He appears not to be taking responsibility and letting other players do the work that he should  be doing. You cannot constantly allow players to run freely in to our box, and watch it happen and not think, that is something that I should be doing something about.

Players have come here and have found it hard to settle, confidence or not, help to take some of the load from your team mates, you might just start to play yourself into games that way.

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I Haven’t seen enough of Soumare but you’re right. Not a single player is playing well and at least 75% of the squad are playing well below their normal levels under Brendan.

Maddison maybe. :dunno:   But hard to argue beyond that.