Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you do not leave a country after having won the league and move to another country without having a belief that you can succeed in your new environment!!!

He would have played in front of large crowds previously, experiencing pressure when trying to clinch the title at Lille. 

As the new boy at school you try to fit in the best that you can. In this instance the least you can to is to work hard and listen to the people around you.

He appears not to be taking responsibility and letting other players do the work that he should  be doing. You cannot constantly allow players to run freely in to our box, and watch it happen and not think, that is something that I should be doing something about.

Players have come here and have found it hard to settle, confidence or not, help to take some of the load from your team mates, you might just start to play yourself into games that way.

Sounds so simple, but it’s not reality.

yes we can all have belief, doesn’t mean reality fits belief. 

Different type of pressure also, plus our league more physical and faster.. 

apples and pears. 

why is he not taking responsibility? Not arguing I agree… 

but what’s your reasons or thoughts why? 

31 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Sounds so simple, but it’s not reality.

yes we can all have belief, doesn’t mean reality fits belief. 

Different type of pressure also, plus our league more physical and faster.. 

apples and pears. 

why is he not taking responsibility? Not arguing I agree… 

but what’s your reasons or thoughts why? 

...he is either unsure of his status within the team and cannot understand what is required of him (as are most of the players at the moment)!!!

He looks like the man who sets the tempo and takes the lead in how the team performs. He is not afraid to go and win the ball and hard to push off it once in possession, so he is mentally and physically strong.

For us to attempt to build the team around him would seem to be folly, but his constant uncertainty, being caught on the ball, unaware of what is happening around him, makes him seem like a fish out of water.

Coming to terms with the pace of the league does not stop you applying common sense to common situations that you would come up against on the pitch, you adapt your game until you are comfortable in aligning your style of play to the current team.

Either that or his agent has told him, he (the agent) has made a terrible mistake and will have him out of our club by the summer.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

I think I may have been harsh on him the other day during the game vs Liverpool, but partly warranted considering he wasn't doing the basics. 

May be a lack of confidence or just not settled in fully yet. Plenty of players take a while, others hit the ground running. 

I'm really hoping he does find his feet towards the end of the season so that he can start next season (under any manager) in a better way, and we can get the best out of him. He is still only young so plenty of opportunities for improvement and proving himself to everyone. 

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think I may have been harsh on him the other day during the game vs Liverpool, but partly warranted considering he wasn't doing the basics. 

May be a lack of confidence or just not settled in fully yet. Plenty of players take a while, others hit the ground running. 

I'm really hoping he does find his feet towards the end of the season so that he can start next season (under any manager) in a better way, and we can get the best out of him. He is still only young so plenty of opportunities for improvement and proving himself to everyone. 

It's his first season, he's still learning the league and the tempo (compare his prem performances to those in europe) and not sure how much he has settled personally - not sure how good his English is (although he has plenty of French speakers around him).  He also does seem like quite a quiet/shy lad whenever I've seen him in training footage etc.  

I think with this season behind him and maybe a more settled place and another pre-season, we'll see more from him.  

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Has there been anything said about why he wasn’t in the squad today ?

Dropped or injured  ?

I more and more think that he knows he made a mistake coming here. We waved a big contract at him and he grabbed it because Lille paid him peanuts. He is young , he should have been more patient. He could end up like Praet if he is not careful.

10 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Has there been anything said about why he wasn’t in the squad today ?

Dropped or injured  ?

He's not very good. My problem with him is his lack of awareness. His poor positioning means he often loses track of runners, putting our slow and error prone defence under pressure. He needs a stint out of the side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanya said:

He's not very good. My problem with him is his lack of awareness. His poor positioning means he often loses track of runners, putting our slow and error prone defence under pressure. He needs a stint out of the side.

...hard to argue with you, with what we have seen, but he is not a poor player!!!

At this moment he is a piece of a jigsaw of our midfield, that just does not fit. Ndidi does the interceptions and puts out the fires, KDH works with supporting the defence transitioning the midfield and giving support to the attack and Tielemans is the creator, he links the midfield and sees the movement of the players infront of him and find passes that gets the ball to them in space. What will Soumare be thinking, ....where do I fit in with all this, I can do all this but.....!!

The club went and found a very talented player who fitted what we want and needed, he needs to decide if he can run our midfield as the main man, in his own style, or look for a team that has a need for his exceptional skills.

Edited by sacreblueits442

22 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

He's clearly a player, like most who join this league, that needs both time and good quality coaching.

The flaws that existed day one, are still present....What has Rodgers been doing with him?

Probably trying to change him from the talented individual he was into something more clone like that fits into a system floating around in Rodgers head. Once or if this manager leaves, we'll probably have a decent player on our hands. What was his role within his team in France, what is he being asked to do now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Probably trying to change him from the talented individual he was into something more clone like that fits into a system floating around in Rodgers head. Once or if this manager leaves, we'll probably have a decent player on our hands. What was his role within his team in France, what is he being asked to do now?

At Lille his role was to be a progressive player in the midfield, through carrying it or passing it forward, think of like Wijnaldum

It annoys me that at times Rodgers seems to want him to be the more defensive minded player in our midfield when that just isn’t how he plays or the kind of player he was at Lille

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

At Lille his role was to be a progressive player in the midfield, through carrying it or passing it forward, think of like Wijnaldum

It annoys me that at times Rodgers seems to want him to be the more defensive minded player in our midfield when that just isn’t how he plays or the kind of player he was at Lille

Im fairly sure Rodgers said he was brought in to cover both Ndidi and Tielemans, two very different players. I have a feeling the poor lad doesnt have any idea what his role is supposed to be.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Im fairly sure Rodgers said he was brought in to cover both Ndidi and Tielemans, two very different players. I have a feeling the poor lad doesnt have any idea what his role is supposed to be.

I have a feeling he'll e another Dennis Praet

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I'm still yet to see him be used in his preferred position. He's not been great but I'm not sure he fits our style. Seen enough glimpses to see there's a player there.

His job should be simple, drive us up the pitch. Just like KDH did in the 2nd half against West Ham, pick the ball and attack the space. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the pace or energy to do that. His first reaction when he gets the ball is to pass it back and sideways. When he runs it's like he's running in treacle. I'd never seen him play, so dont know what he did in France, but atm I see nothing in him that can improve our team.

Edited by sm1

Based on the videos from Lille, it feels like a diamond of 

Tielemans

Soumare    KDH

Maddison 

Should be amazing. Youri conducting play from the base. Bouba and KDH being the legs being able to get about the pitch and act as ball winners and ball carriers. Maddison at the tip in a free role (just stop coming to collect the ball off the defenders James)

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm still yet to see him be used in his preferred position. He's not been great but I'm not sure he fits our style. Seen enough glimpses to see there's a player there.

We seem to have a lot of players now that don't fit 'our style'. Perhaps there's a  clue there for Sherlock Rodgers, perhaps he could play a style that fits our players?

11 hours ago, sm1 said:

His job should be simple, drive us up the pitch. Just like KDH did in the 2nd half against West Ham, pick the ball and attack the space. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the pace or energy to do that. His first reaction when he gets the ball is to pass it back and sideways. When he runs it's like he's running in treacle. I'd never seen him play, so dont know what he did in France, but atm I see nothing in him that can improve our team.

...take a look at this!!!

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hope he starts on Thursday. His best games have come in Europe for us IMO and this has now been quite a while since he's played regularly for us. Ndidi can be rested for Thursday and play KDH or Tielemans alongside him. 

I think the tempo suits him better. 

• Like 1