Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Hope he starts on Thursday. His best games have come in Europe for us IMO and this has now been quite a while since he's played regularly for us. Ndidi can be rested for Thursday and play KDH or Tielemans alongside him. 

I think he has so much to offer as a player and bags of potential, granted we haven't seen anywhere near enough of that yet. Hopefully he can get up to the speed of the prem and be a valuable player for us, he just looks a bit confused as to his role atm. I wonder if having Fofana back will help him kick on a bit. 

• Like 2

On 15/02/2022 at 21:21, sacreblueits442 said:

...take a look at this!!!

I saw this when we bought him and couldn't believe we'd just landed someone who looked like a brilliant cross between Teilemans and Yaya Toure. The vision of his forward passes and his interceptions and when he ran with the ball he looked almost impossible to get it off him. I thought he would be outstanding for us and just what we needed.

I've seen every minute of him at Leicester and think we've received the wrong player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Hopefully he can get up to the speed of the prem and be a valuable player for us, he just looks a bit confused as to his role atm. I wonder if having Fofana back will help him kick on a bit. 

....he just does not fit in this team at the moment, struggling to understand what is required of him!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I saw this when we bought him and couldn't believe we'd just landed someone who looked like a brilliant cross between Teilemans and Yaya Toure. The vision of his forward passes and his interceptions and when he ran with the ball he looked almost impossible to get it off him. I thought he would be outstanding for us and just what we needed.

I've seen every minute of him at Leicester and think we've received the wrong player.

...I posted a similar post, as if someone had swapped him for his twin when he landed at the airport!!!

20 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It just looks like we're not utilising him properly

I've said thos before. He doesn't seem to know andnor been told what his role in the team is. Often looks like he's just thrown in as an extra body in the middle of the park with no clear instructions. 

In a season where all our best players have gone thru the cycle of injuries we have not reached our potential. In Soumare we have a player that has not suffered injuries probably down to not being overused like the others. However, its a crying shame if a guy with this much talent is wasting away. Rogers has his handsful so somebody on the coaching staff should be giving this guy some serious attention! We are not the type of club where we can afford players to be expensive passengers. Everyone has a part to play. Need to get him firing on all cylinders. Maybe its a combination of confidence, trouble settling in a foreign land, not feeling settled with the other players who know's but it should be somebody's job to figure it out fast.

• Like 1

Whether he's being utilised correctly or not and whether he's a defensive midfielder or a box to box midfielder (certainly not a creative midfielder given his heinous goals and assists record) he's shown a complete lack of awareness and ability to track runners.

You simply cannot afford to do that playing in a DCM role or in a midfield pair. Maybe you could get away with it with someone like Ndidi as the DCM mopping up but he's often been the one sitting and then allowed players to go past him and its been very erratic.

I am sure that's being worked on, I can't believe he'd have been so poor in that regard at Lille as they didn't seem to have a midfield destroyer behind him but more a midfield of box to box players with one sitting when the other/s go forward and vice versa.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think they were together in the French U21 

whether they were close or not, they are bound to have much in common compared to the rest of the squad! 

ooooooohh..... French Friends

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Whether he's being utilised correctly or not and whether he's a defensive midfielder or a box to box midfielder (certainly not a creative midfielder given his heinous goals and assists record) he's shown a complete lack of awareness and ability to track runners.

You simply cannot afford to do that playing in a DCM role or in a midfield pair. Maybe you could get away with it with someone like Ndidi as the DCM mopping up but he's often been the one sitting and then allowed players to go past him and its been very erratic.

I am sure that's being worked on, I can't believe he'd have been so poor in that regard at Lille as they didn't seem to have a midfield destroyer behind him but more a midfield of box to box players with one sitting when the other/s go forward and vice versa.

I would say that Benjamin Andre was much more of a “destroyer” than a box to box in the pairing, his defensive stats last season are actually up there with some of the best (still behind Wilf of course)

Although he would still occasionally carry the ball forward, he was most definitely a destroyer

05E7F866-32C6-4FB9-BBF5-373976E405BE.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would say that Benjamin Andre was much more of a “destroyer” than a box to box in the pairing, his defensive stats last season are actually up there with some of the best (still behind Wilf of course)

Although he would still occasionally carry the ball forward, he was most definitely a destroyer

05E7F866-32C6-4FB9-BBF5-373976E405BE.jpeg

Good point, is there enough within that to make allowances for Soumare's weakness at tracking runners or is he only doing that here as he struggles to adapt to the pace of the PL. I think it's the latter, I hope it is otherwise he'll continue to struggle here.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Are they mates or is that just assumed?

I don’t know for definite but they were in  the 21’s together and as above its reported he spoke to Wes before moving . I also remember Wes tweeting congratulations my friend on your move and tagged him before it had been announced and he then deleted the tweet . So I would guess so . 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Good point, is there enough within that to make allowances for Soumare's weakness at tracking runners or is he only doing that here as he struggles to adapt to the pace of the PL. I think it's the latter, I hope it is otherwise he'll continue to struggle here.

I definitely think it is more of the latter, but I also think Rodgers is probably trying to overcomplicate Soumare for his first season in this league as more often than not Soumare is having to be the more defensive player in midfield which just from looking at his time at Lille it just isn't who he is

Soumare's stats last season regarding progressive passing and ball carrying are right up there, where as his defensive actions outside of interceptions are on the low side, he wasn't really being asked to pressure or tackle or anything like that at Lille because it was Andre who would do it

Easiest way to think of Soumare is that he is basically like what Klopp turned Wijnaldum into for Liverpool in recent years - Wijnaldum used to score a fair bit earlier in his career and in his first season with Liverpool, but when he was turned into more of a transition player his scoring/assisting during the rest of his time at Liverpool was 19 goals and 7 assists in 222 games, he still had a bit of it about him, but his main role was progressive passing and ball carrying and not much actual defending

I don't think Soumare is ever likely to be the kind of player you play in the DM role, he is someone who should be playing in the box to box role, ahead of the sole DM (for the love of god Brendan just let Wilf play on his own) but also just behind or next to a more creative and attacking 8/10

I have no doubt there is a player in there, just needs Rodgers or the right manager like Galtier did to get the best out of him

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He's gonna get sold this summer, isn't he?  10m back to France and take the hit. It sometimes just doesn't work and I feel that's the case here. He's looked ill at ease and slightly unhappy for a while now.

A reliable Papy*  is (correctly) ahead of him in the pecking order it would seem

*loved the big cheer Papy got today when he came on

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He's gonna get sold this summer, isn't he?  10m back to France and take the hit. It sometimes just doesn't work and I feel that's the case here. He's looked ill at ease and slightly unhappy for a while now.

A reliable Papy*  is (correctly) ahead of him in the pecking order it would seem

*loved the big cheer Papy got today when he came on

Don’t think the holding position is where he’s best. Think there’s still more to come from him, next season hopefully. Could still prove to be an important player for us with Youri likely off in the summer. Has all the raw attributes.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Don’t think the holding position is where he’s best. Think there’s still more to come from him, next season hopefully. Could still prove to be an important player for us with Youri likely off in the summer. Has all the raw attributes.

I hope you are right. He just looks a bit rabbit in the headlights to me and Rodgers seems to think so too

Then again, it took Kel and Mendy and Cags amongst others time to settle in