Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

Guest Danny Clender
29 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I think that as he gets used to our style and also the sheer pace of the game here, he’ll become very difficult to leave out of the starting 11. Massive potential. 

He appears to have the schematics of a Tank, your statement above is exactly where he's at right now. I know we're playing a squad selection system, but I can see him getting more and more picks in the starting 11 sooner rather than later. 

He reminds me of when moussa dembele was at Tottenham, he didn’t get many goals or assists but he was really good at starting attacks by beating one or two players and then creating overloads. Players bounced off him too when they tried to tackle him. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Haydos said:

Sorry this is just like he's playing with them, noticed this in a previous game. He doesn't seem to mind the ball being slammed into him under pressure, he'll just deal with it

Uses his body expertly, what a talent we've got here!

He doesn't mind being slammed in to either. Players just bounce off him. He's the physical tank we've been missing in games sometimes. 

I like that he still went looking for the ball even after he'd kept it and passed it after being challenged. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Haydos said:

Sorry this is just like he's playing with them, noticed this in a previous game. He doesn't seem to mind the ball being slammed into him under pressure, he'll just deal with it

Uses his body expertly, what a talent we've got here!

Very much agreed. Many teams in the Premier League play a high press these days so “press resistant” players are worth their weight in gold. Both he and KDH showed they can beat the press and turn into space, and each of them setup promising attacks after doing so. 

• Like 4

On 08/08/2021 at 03:38, Dusty said:

He reminds me of when moussa dembele was at Tottenham, he didn’t get many goals or assists but he was really good at starting attacks by beating one or two players and then creating overloads. Players bounced off him too when they tried to tackle him. 

Feels a little closer to ndombele for me. He will definitely have to get used to the English game, not quite as easy to burst past players like they both did in France.

He will come good but IMO KDH was the player we needed on today 

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Controversially I’d have to disagree with you! I think he dwelt on the ball too long too many times and actually played us into trouble more often than progressing play. 

But it’s too early to pass judgment. You can see he’s got the ability and that was a tough ask for him to make an impact in that situation. He needs a few games and a run to adapt to the league. Think the Carabao Cup will be brilliant for him actually. 

Soumare and Daka need time to settle, and remember that even players like Ricardo, Soyuncu and Evans looked shakey initially. 

Oh yeah he definitely needs to get used to the pace of the Premiership . I just felt his physically helped 

• Like 1

He is basically Mendy on steroids, but he got caught on the ball a couple of times today.

What I worry about is his defensive work, for a guy with such physical presence, his defensive work is non existent, more of our fans will start to realise that soon enough.

Just now, kingfox said:

He is basically Mendy on steroids, but he got caught on the ball a couple of times today.

What I worry about is his defensive work, for a guy with such physical presence, his defensive work is non existent, more of our fans will start to realise that soon enough.

He’s nothing like Mendy? Did you mean a different player? 

11 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Based on how many minutes of PL football? 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

Just now, Unabomber said:

Nah he’s a box to box midfielder 

A box to box midfielder with zero goals and assists last season.

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Based on how many minutes of PL football? 

Just look at his defensive stats from Ligue 1 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

A box to box midfielder with zero goals and assists last season.

Just look at his defensive stats from Ligue 1 👍🏻

He isn't a creative player like Youri and he isn't a defensive monster like Wilf, anyone who thinks he was brought in to be back up to either of these players and their style of play didn't bother to do any research on him, he certainly isn't a defensive midfielder like some people seem to think for some reason

The main asset of a player like Soumare is that he is strong on the ball and able to run with it, the whole point of him is that he is able to drag the play up the pitch himself quickly and progress the play

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/boubakary-soumare/

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

He isn't a creative player like Youri and he isn't a defensive monster like Wilf, anyone who thinks he was brought in to be back up to either of these players and their style of play didn't bother to do any research on him, he certainly isn't a defensive midfielder like some people seem to think for some reason

The main asset of a player like Soumare is that he is strong on the ball and able to run with it, the whole point of him is that he is able to drag the play up the pitch himself quickly and progress the play

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/boubakary-soumare/

Yeah exactly like I said. I think kingfox has got abit confused.