Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

Out of the six new players in the squad this season , KDH has been unsurprisingly the outstanding performer and Lookman has also been useful. Neither of them cost a transfer fee. I would hope we buy Lookman at the end of his loan period as he looks like a very useful utility forward. We have not signed anybody who substantially improves the starting eleven for a long while and we cannot afford to keep lashing out money on the hope that we get lucky , we are not that sort of club.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Decent interview with him in the athletic, says he’s still adjusting to life here and the language! I reckon we could see him have an impact next season like we did with soyuncu after his first season. 

2 hours ago, Jonaldinho said:

Yes, and good timing from him too. We don't hear anything from him so it was unknown whether he wants to run back to France at the first opportunity or knuckle down here. This interview, which he didn't have to do, very much suggests the latter.

In general, I imagine harsh Leicesterisms dont appeal to many frenchman. Even out in the posh sticks I bet we appear proper brutes in restaurants.

Started with intention of expanding on  the above posts but it all went blank, so will leave it at that

10 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

In general, I imagine harsh Leicesterisms dont appeal to many frenchman. Even out in the posh sticks I bet we appear proper brutes in restaurants.

Started with intention of expanding on  the above posts but it all went blank, so will leave it at that

My bf is french (southern france) and he absolutely adores the Leicester accent. And with regards to food I do think it’s a bit of a myth that he French eat such glorious food and us brits eat bland stuff. I know my pallet is far more “advanced” (prob wrong word) than that of my better half’s. 😙

• Like 1

Think Fofana being back in 1st team training and playing in the team soon should help Soumare a lot. Can’t imagine it’s been easy when you don’t know many people or speak the language. 

Also just our defenders returning in general should help him do his role more freely when asked upon to play

4 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Think Fofana being back in 1st team training and playing in the team soon should help Soumare a lot. Can’t imagine it’s been easy when you don’t know many people or speak the language. 

Also just our defenders returning in general should help him do his role more freely when asked upon to play

Oh definitely. Plus I believe Evans speaks French, so he's then got two behind him helping guide his actions. It must be so weird trying to play your game when you haven't the foggiest what your teammates are saying around you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I imagine if Fofana shouts, 'turn and shift it quicker' or 'don't just pass it straight back to me you c unit' in French he might cotton on a little more easily.....

Probably the same with Vestergaard, we need to shout "ubrugelig tos" at him so he knows how we feel.

52 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

Suis je bovvered though?
Regardez mon visage

:plancque:

Est-ce que mon visage est bovvered?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

My bf is french (southern france) and he absolutely adores the Leicester accent. And with regards to food I do think it’s a bit of a myth that he French eat such glorious food and us brits eat bland stuff. I know my pallet is far more “advanced” (prob wrong word) than that of my better half’s. 😙

Us brits have access to all types of food nowadays and we have developed fair old pallets. My days of fish fingers and mash are over anyway.

Was talking about Leicester being Leicester, even in the sticks. That remark stands or falls alone, wont expand on it.

Naturally I cant talk for your BF, nor Soumare but I hope he is loving it here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

If he can’t make the match day squad over Hamza and Mendy then he needs moving on in the summer. Try and recoup some of the money spent on him.

....he has been on the bench all this season and for him not to be included today shows he has an issue or their is a plan where his game is being dismantled and he is taking a different approach to the game!!!

I could expect him having training time allocated to him and we are trying to resolve the issue before the end of the season and you can't achieve that  by training with the other players and sitting on the bench. Nothing has changed since he has come here, the performances are still the same, we need to take a look at his game and tailor it to what we need.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Good, he is hopeless

You probably thought the same about Mendy who was getting booed during Puel's final year. But now seems to be a cult hero despite barely figuring for Rodgers.

We're far too quick to judge players and write them off here. Iheanacho was "hopeless" for a couple of seasons but has shoved people's words back down their throats. Amartey's name gets sung louder than anyone's right now but even a year ago people dreaded his name being in the first XI. We can go back years to the likes of Grayson and Willis, we just have this habit of needing someone to have a pop at.

• Like 4

What happens if he doesn’t all of a sudden settle in next season? I think too many on here are just assuming that will happen - in hope rather than in expectation.

Selling him this summer we might recoup £15-17m, next summer it’ll be more like  £10m. Do we take that risk? I’d rather cut our losses whilst his stock in France is still relatively high.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Stadt said:

What happens if he doesn’t all of a sudden settle in next season? I think too many on here are just assuming that will happen - in hope rather than in expectation.

Selling him this summer we might recoup £15-17m, next summer it’ll be more like  £10m. Do we take that risk? I’d rather cut our losses whilst his stock in France will still be relatively high.

I agree, it is clear Rodgers doesn’t rate him and he has mentioned a clear out so I expect he is one that will go and we can get a good wedge back for 

It's fair to say he hasn't been a great signing. Not defensively aware or aggressive enough for me. And he isn't very creative either so I'm not sure what his strength actually is. If we can sell in the summer for a decent fee then I probably would. 

Played a key role in a Lille side which won the League, yet people want to clear him out before Mendy/Choudhury?

I think we were hoping Fofana would play a huge part in him settling, but obviously given the recovery he has been going through neither will have spent much time together in training/match day squads etc.

There's a possibility Soumare can offer us something, so until we clear out Mendy and Choudhury, Soumare should be kept.

• Like 3