Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

I think we should consider loaning him out to league 1 to build his stock back up. 

He’s just not a good fit. It just doesn’t work for some, yes he might take time and come good but the odds are probably against him imo. It’s his style that’s an issue, I don’t think he’s suddenly going to become a different player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

It's fair to say he hasn't been a great signing. Not defensively aware or aggressive enough for me. And he isn't very creative either so I'm not sure what his strength actually is. If we can sell in the summer for a decent fee then I probably would. 

.....you don't win the title in France playing in a position where you are the engine room and not have one of your misgivings checked and endorsed!!!

It would be like Kante in the Premier League title (with us) season going off to Chelsea and playing so poorly and having the worst season of his life. That is how bad he is at the moment, you cannot equate what we are seeing to what happened in France 12 months ago.

8 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

You have precisely the kind of attitude that we don’t want in our fan base. The kid hasn’t even had one season of PL football yet. He’s played in front of a back 4 that has been ravaged by injuries. This isn’t the same situation as Vestergaard or Bertrand. They are experienced premier league players who haven’t been good enough. Bouba deserves a full season and another pre season before we judge him. 

I for one think he will come good.

With all due respect.

I really hope your faith based on a few

you- tube extracts  is rewarded.

He is nowhere near premier league standard and this is clearly illustrated by Brendon putting Mendy and Hamza in front of him.

Sorry but he is a terrible signing. 

I  really hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

What happens if he doesn’t all of a sudden settle in next season? I think too many on here are just assuming that will happen - in hope rather than in expectation.

Selling him this summer we might recoup £15-17m, next summer it’ll be more like  £10m. Do we take that risk? I’d rather cut our losses whilst his stock in France is still relatively high.

His stock isn't going to nosedive like you've predicted, even with an average spell in England. He won a league title with Lille and has age on his side.

15 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

With all due respect.

He is nowhere near premier league standard and this is clearly illustrated by Brendon putting Mendy and Hamza in front of him.

At the very least his performance away to Spartak should show every Leicester fan there's a player in there. They couldn't get him off the ball, he seemed confident and was driving us up the pitch. Aware one performance isn't great, but definitely shows he does have the ability.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

At the very least his performance away to Spartak should show every Leicester fan there's a player in there. They couldn't get him off the ball, he seemed confident and was driving us up the pitch. Aware one performance isn't great, but definitely shows he does have the ability.

Spartan are poor and would struggle in the championship.

Not a good benchmark for players to be judged. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

....where has it gone, that is the question!!!

Has he become demoralised by his exclusion from the first eleven, look at Daka today, doing an imitation of Diabate, his mind is ahead of what his feet are doing, because he is trying too hard to impress. Today would have been a good day to get him out there, instead of KDH, who has had far too many games and needed a break.

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

With all due respect.

What were your opinions of Jamie Vardy after his first season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

His stock isn't going to nosedive like you've predicted, even with an average spell in England. He won a league title with Lille and has age on his side.

If he has another season like this one, who is going to pay £15m+ for him? His stock will be higher in France than any other country and most Ligue 1 clubs don’t have that sort of money.

Although Silva and Slimani were much older, they proved that resale value diminishes very quickly on the back of multiple bad seasons.

The best case scenario in my opinion would be Lille buying him for as close to £22m as we can get.

7 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

With all due respect.

Mendy and Hamza play different roles, but yes, Rodgers doesn’t seem to trust him. 

I would give a new manager a chance with him first.

9 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

With all due respect.

Well I have to say quite loudly this forum has always been proved wrong when ajudging players far too early..

These type of opinions have been quite miserable, that it's become so bloody hilarious..:crylaugh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He was also great in the Charity Shield. There’s a very good player in there. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He's not going to 'adapt' sitting on the bench. Should have played away to Randers. Probably should have played today since we were resting some players and we are comfortable in mid-table. The fact that he is getting no minutes whatsoever is very troubling. It reeks of BR going sour on a player quicker than you can say "Dennis Praet". Wouldn't be surprised to see him shipped out on loan to a Ligue 1 team next season.

Tbf soyuncu played 4 times in that first season? Then was incredible the season after, so it could happen.

9 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He's not going to 'adapt' sitting on the bench. Should have played away to Randers. Probably should have played today since we were resting some players and we are comfortable in mid-table. The fact that he is getting no minutes whatsoever is very troubling. It reeks of BR going sour on a player quicker than you can say "Dennis Praet". Wouldn't be surprised to see him shipped out on loan to a Ligue 1 team next season.

This is my worry with the player at the moment too. That Mendy is playing ahead of him says everything, given that Mendy was not even in the original squad this season. 

At the same time, perhaps he's just not been performing in training? Mendy has done well since he's come back in so hasn't let anyone down. Perhaps Soumare is being given the Nacho treatment when Nacho was left out of the matchday squad for 5 games, before coming on against Everton a few seasons ago like a man possessed and turning his career around.  

But in general I agree with you, it feels like he's been frozen out. I don't think we will sell or loan him out immediately and he'll have the summer to play his way back into contention, but at the same time KDH has taken his place and I don't see him losing that place to Soumare anytime soon.

• Like 2

On 13/03/2022 at 05:06, Lesta2014 said:

Decent interview with him in the athletic, says he’s still adjusting to life here and the language! I reckon we could see him have an impact next season like we did with soyuncu after his first season. 

This struck me as Tanner’s best work in some time.  Soumare has been as much of a blank as his visage. BoubaDeadpan.JPG.2420bbda85a458f5ad6576040f7dbda3.JPG  Finally a peek into what makes him tick.

The good: he is not unhappy here, and he wants to make it in the PL.  The bad: he seems a young man with more uncertainties than drive.  He knows how he needs to improve to play midfield in this League, starting with becoming a running machine, and hasn’t yet been able to do it.

He’s comfortable in Ligue 1  and the pace suits him.  If we do sell him back to France, he’s an instant star.  That doesn’t mean he’ll make it here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

This struck me as Tanner’s best work in some time.  Soumare has been as much of a blank as his visage. BoubaDeadpan.JPG.2420bbda85a458f5ad6576040f7dbda3.JPG  Finally a peek into what makes him tick.

The good: he is not unhappy here, and he wants to make it in the PL.  The bad: he seems a young man with more uncertainties than drive.  He knows how he needs to improve to play midfield in this League, starting with becoming a running machine, and hasn’t yet been able to do it.

He’s comfortable in Ligue 1  and the pace suits him.  If we do sell him back to France, he’s an instant star.  That doesn’t mean he’ll make it here.

.....have you also had a chance to read the article!!!

Would love to know what it is that is holding him back, apart from language and the bit about him being a running machine seems strange as he is very much a running machine when we picked him up. Why does he look overweight as commented by some posters and seems unable to get up and down the pitch. Just going by those comments you would think there was a fitness issue, he has been with us for a good period now, so why isn't he at an acceptable level of fitness.

We could give him a period in the U23s where we get the miles in his legs.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....have you also had a chance to read the article!!!

Would love to know what it is that is holding him back, apart from language and the bit about him being a running machine seems strange as he is very much a running machine when we picked him up. Why does he look overweight as commented by some posters and seems unable to get up and down the pitch. Just going by those comments you would think there was a fitness issue, he has been with us for a good period now, so why isn't he at an acceptable level of fitness.

We could give him a period in the U23s where we get the miles in his legs.

Now, Ngolo Kante was a running machine when we plucked him out of France !!!  If you think Bouba Soumare is a running machine, he will tell you otherwise.  He’s very honest about himself:

““When you come here, you have to run.  It’s the Premier League’s special feature. I run but I run less than what you (need to) run in the Premier League. I have to adapt to this style of running, the intensity and all that follows. I have to teach myself this football culture. I’m on the right track but once I’m 100 per cent at this level, it will come naturally for me in this league and this team.”

His coaches at PSG “worked more on my personality, my state of mind, because I am an introvert. Being like that didn’t allow me to give the best version of myself on the pitch.”

So here’s a guy whose psychology is not helping him make his last, most difficult leap as a player.  He’s a shy, uncertain type who doesn’t have the single-minded kind of drive that would have allowed him to quickly adapt. 

Sounds like he fits the LCFC profile of signing players who are good human beings.  And he had the drive to move from the Parisian banlieues to Ligue 1 stardom.  The article just didn’t give me added confidence he will make it with us. 

None of us can see him in training -- i.e. at all -- but as fans, we speculate and opine.  I happen to feel, if he isn’t breaking down the door and getting playing time by the end of this season, it isn't looking good enough to keep him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1