Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Now, Ngolo Kante was a running machine when we plucked him out of France !!!  If you think Bouba Soumare is a running machine, he will tell you otherwise.  He’s very honest about himself:

““When you come here, you have to run.  It’s the Premier League’s special feature. I run but I run less than what you (need to) run in the Premier League. I have to adapt to this style of running, the intensity and all that follows. I have to teach myself this football culture. I’m on the right track but once I’m 100 per cent at this level, it will come naturally for me in this league and this team.”

His coaches at PSG “worked more on my personality, my state of mind, because I am an introvert. Being like that didn’t allow me to give the best version of myself on the pitch.”

So here’s a guy whose psychology is not helping him make his last, most difficult leap as a player.  He’s a shy, uncertain type who doesn’t have the single-minded kind of drive that would have allowed him to quickly adapt. 

Sounds like he fits the LCFC profile of signing players who are good human beings.  And he had the drive to move from the Parisian banlieues to Ligue 1 stardom.  The article just didn’t give me added confidence he will make it with us. 

None of us can see him in training -- i.e. at all -- but as fans, we speculate and opine.  I happen to feel, if he isn’t breaking down the door and getting playing time by the end of this season, it isn't looking good enough to keep him.

.....if the whole article was anything like what you have quoted, it sounds like a great read!!!

I had the feeling he was introverted, people who take photos like that are either very much too much into themselves or are that way because they are unsure of themselves. He sounds very open and approachable so long as he gets to know you.

The way he plays, he would need to oust KDH and have a voice where he forces the manager to allow him to run the midfield, players have come a cropper having to deal with the personalities at this club, and he may be the next on the list who will find this to be an unsurmountable exercise. I have watched the YouTube videos and he looks brilliant, what sort of running does he need to get used to, he has Ndidi, KDH or Tielemans to help with getting about the pitch, is he underselling himself.

Just by going by the interview, I like him a lot more.

I think he's probably back in France next season, on loan or permanently. Being below Mendy in the pecking order is damning given Mendy wasn't even in the original squad.

I don't think it's undeserved either. He's been poor. I think a lot of what people say about Soumare is what is actually true of Daka - plenty saying he's shown glimpses and needs time. I think he'll not make it here personally, whereas with Daka I believe while he's struggled of late I've seen enough to think he's worth persisting with. If I could take the money back on Soumare this summer I'd do it.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he's probably back in France next season, on loan or permanently. Being below Mendy in the pecking order is damning given Mendy wasn't even in the original squad.

I don't think it's undeserved either. He's been poor. I think a lot of what people say about Soumare is what is actually true of Daka - plenty saying he's shown glimpses and needs time. I think he'll not make it here personally, whereas with Daka I believe while he's struggled of late I've seen enough to think he's worth persisting with. If I could take the money back on Soumare this summer I'd do it.

I think this is about right. Doesn’t look to be a way back for him if he isn’t in the team yesterday and I think Rodgers is sending out a message with that election yesterday to the likes of him and Perez, in the same way he did with Praet last season, that their time here is done.

Traditional "what does Soumare even do" post from me.

I watched him closely when he came on. He constantly ball watches so he's utterly easy to play around. He doesn't pass progressively and just lazily sticks a foot out instesd of pressuring the opposition. He's trying but he doesn't have the nous to play in this league yet. KDH and Mendy don't chase after the ball willy nilly, they take up positions and block off passing lanes and close down attackers when the time is right.

I want Soumare to work but right now he looks like a lumbering liability. 

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

Traditional "what does Soumare even do" post from me.

I watched him closely when he came on. He constantly ball watches so he's utterly easily play around. He doesn't pass progressively and just lazily sticks a foot out. He's trying but he doesn't have the nous to play in this league yet. KDH and Mendy don't chase after the ball willy nilly, they take up positions and block off passing lanes and close down attackers when the time is right.

I want Soumare to work but right now he looks like a lumbering liability. 

Brendan looked exasperated with him at least twice …. 

I've done a few posts here and there after games in which Soumare has come off the bench and almost immediately we've conceded. Usually in cases that have caused us to drop 2 and even 3 points in some games. I couldn't do these posts without some back up to my claims. Below are all the games in which Soumare has come off the bench and we've conceded that I can see. Staggeringly, All of them bar 1 we condede within about 10 minutes. Spurs game being an absolute travesty

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58226789

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58976543

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58667896

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60012768

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59589154

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60497582

To be honest I don't have the stats of how many he came off the bench and they didn't score. I wasn't looking to be honest but I don't think it's many. What's wrong with the bloke? Just rubbish?

Edited by BigWesMorgan
  • Haha 1

not saying he is always going to be rubbish, because there are signs he can play. but the very definition of a plodder for us right now.

20m signing, definitely behind KDH, arguably behind Mendy now, and even Choudhury ? 

I'm not sure it's entirely his doing. Going to 2 DM, BR never seems to learn. Every time he goes defensive we concede. Really annoying and most people in the stand called it today. KDH brings the energy. Soumare does cause himself issues however. His positional play is awful. He isn't quick thinking and is often caught out on the ball. 

Have no idea whats going on. He's shown moments of brilliance this season so we know he has it in his locker. Looks like a player caught in two minds. There's no way I'm giving up on him. A Rodgers project.

Just now, ParkerPen said:

not saying he is always going to be rubbish, because there are signs he can play. but the very definition of a plodder for us right now.

20m signing, definitely behind KDH, arguably behind Mendy now, and even Choudhury ? 

And Praet when he comes back. I think we'll be looking to move him on to a Euro league where he'll look a top player again. 

I think we beat Newcastle to his signature in the summer. He would've been more their style. Shame. It's the Congerton legacy. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Do we really need another thread just to slag him off?

Agreed with the news of ndidi being injured probably for the season and Mendy not being registered for Europe, like it or not he will feature between now and the end of the season so threads titled the "Soumare cure" aren't massively supportive or helpful. 

• Like 1

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Agreed with the news of ndidi being injured probably for the season and Mendy not being registered for Europe, like it or not he will feature between now and the end of the season so threads titled the "Soumare cure" aren't massively supportive or helpful. 

I'd love a thread entitled 'Soumare cure' but I'm not sure there is one. 

• Haha 2