Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

The lad looks totally lost. He is completely devoid of confidence. Needs to have that confidence rebuilt. He's young and needs time. Hopefully a fresh start next season and we'll see him flourish and show the ability we paid good money for.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure it's entirely his doing. Going to 2 DM, BR never seems to learn. Every time he goes defensive we concede. Really annoying and most people in the stand called it today. KDH brings the energy. Soumare does cause himself issues however. His positional play is awful. He isn't quick thinking and is often caught out on the ball. 

....he (Soumare) claims his problem is getting up and down the pitch, the amount of running that is required to play in this league!!!

A lack of the ability to run around does not cover his other deficiencies, and it just does not add up. He should not be looking to play as a DM, get on the front foot and look to drive the team forward. If he is looking to be a DM then he is never going to progress because that is not where he should be.

A lot of people are confused as to what he is and what to expect from him, and you would say he is KDH but he will not get to the opponents 18 yard box. He will take the ball off the backline, he will intercept, he will give cover in the midfield, if we are looking to put him in as a DM then no wonder he is confused. 

Saying all this, it does not stop you from working for the team, when you come on to the pitch.

• Like 1

I've a feeling he'll come right, it's just taking a bit longer to adapt. Fofana is the other end of the scale in that regard. The club obviously saw something they liked in Soumare, and were prepared to pay good money for it, so there's something there. He was a class act at Lille and has represented France at several junior levels, so I reckon that buys him a bit of time.

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

People here slammed Vards in his first season despite him clearly having talent. 

I think it's a matter of expectation. Vardy came from non-league so I had no expectation. Soumare is a French title winner. He's 23. He's not 'a project' as others have said. He was bought to contribute this season as evidenced by him starting 17 games in the first half of the season. He's way off the pace and we should expect more.

• Like 2

He's awful, most of my posts on here this season have been in this thread....he does nothing weak in a tackle, lazy in tracking back and his attitude off the ball looks disgusting at times.

Looks absolutely lost, personally struggle to see what a player he could be even if his confidence wasn't gone

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, frakenfox said:

He was a class act at Lille and has represented France at several junior levels, so I reckon that buys him a bit of time.

If Wilf is Ndidi out for the next couple months, that time is now.  He's going to see the pitch if he's showing anything at all in training.  If Rodgers doesn't rate him enough to play him in that circumstance, I'd say he's blown the audition.

46 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Doesn't really do anything.....I remember when we interested.... some on here like Ric Flair mentioning he not done much in Ligue 1 and others mentioned his stats are poor 😟

...I must say Ric Flair is the one who queried his stats, in terms of goals and assists!!!

That is not something to judge him by, if you can be the driver of the team that won Ligue 1 ahead of PSG, you must bring something to the table.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingsX said:

If Wilf is Ndidi out for the next couple months, that time is now.  He's going to see the pitch if he's showing anything at all in training.  If Rodgers doesn't rate him enough to play him in that circumstance, I'd say he's blown the audition.

Soumare doesn't seem like an out and out CDM... at least he's not looked comfortable in that role. He seems better for us as either the left or right sided CM in a 433, or for Lille he was one of the double pivot in either a 442 or 4231. So that would mean coming in for either KDH (as he did today) or Tielemans.

When we signed him he was was described as a hybrid between Ndidi and Tielemans, but I think that's in a 4231. But with KDH undroppable, we aren't playing that system anymore, which is the right call when KDH is playing so well.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We're all willing to give him a chance, and he may well get more opportunities with Ndidi out, but he needs to start showing us something.

You've put it perfectly!

At the start of this thread there are plenty of GIFs of Soumare looking good, but he hasn't had any good moments for a long time now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Or his ability.

There is no comparison. 

Soumare is shocking and will never be premier league level.

Of course there is a comparison lol There were plenty of doubts in Vardy’s first season, don’t rewrite history.

• Like 2