Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If he wants inspiration then he needs to look no further than KDH with his all energy, get stuck in, never give up attitude and he won't go far wrong. 

It's unfortunate that his initials are BS. C'mon lad, prove us wrong. 

Yeah for sure, KDH is a prime example of what hard work gets you as opposed to just relying on talent. 

Some players, good players, don't have it in them to adjust to the Premier League, it just doesn't suit them.  For example, Adrien Silva and Gokhan Inler.  Even world class players like Juan Veron.

BS is so far off the pace that I just can't see him transforming into an engine room powerhouse.  

I think he will eventually have a good career on the continent and we will lose a shed load of money again.

• Like 1

I think he’ll be Brendan’s next project. It was Nacho at first, then Madders, surely it’ll be this guy next; especially if Youri is to leave this summer. I’m confident he can turn this around.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

So hard to judge when you are given 10 minutes or so against Brentford playing hoofy ball. Needs to be given some proper time and not come on when we are playing with our backs against the wall.

Tbf he was part of the reason it felt like we had our backs to the wall late on. He replaced a very influential player who’s energy levels were brilliant. His whole demeanour on the pitch just wasn’t what we needed at that stage.  He needs to sharpen up very quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

Tbf he was part of the reason it felt like we had our backs to the wall late on. He replaced a very influential player who’s energy levels were brilliant. His whole demeanour on the pitch just wasn’t what we needed at that stage.  He needs to sharpen up very quickly. 

It was happening way before Soumare was brought on! And KDH (who had been brilliant) was very leggy towards the end, which is hardly surprising as he has been playing everything.

6 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

It was happening way before Soumare was brought on! And KDH (who had been brilliant) was very leggy towards the end, which is hardly surprising as he has been playing everything.

i normally hate international break, but this timing is ok for KDH, Maddison etc to get a well earned rest !

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

So hard to judge when you are given 10 minutes or so against Brentford playing hoofy ball. Needs to be given some proper time and not come on when we are playing with our backs against the wall.

He got given that time earlier in the season though. He had a good run of games where he was in the first team ahead of KDH and playing alongside Tielemans and Ndidi. In some of those games we even had Soyuncu, Evans and Vardy playing but still had poor results, e.g. Legia and Brighton away. In some of these games he was poor and responsible for turning the ball over a lot.

He had one excellent performance, against Spartak Moscow away where if it weren't for Patson Daka scoring 4 times, he probably would have got MOTM.

He could still come good, but he's been underwhelming thus far. But Soyuncu was signed whilst we still have had Harry Maguire and when he finally got his debut, gave away a penalty. But then the next season he took his chance and stayed in the first team ever since. Hopefully Bouba does the same, but at the moment Mendy deservedly starts ahead of him.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

He won a header at the near post from a corner which we've failed to do all season. Opposition teams winning the near post header has lead to about 98% of the goals we've conceded from them. So he's basically player of the season for that alone. Get off his back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

i normally hate international break, but this timing is ok for KDH, Maddison etc to get a well earned rest !

I think it makes it easier going into the break on the back of a win. Don't like having a couple of weeks to stew on a bad performance/result. 

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He won a header at the near post from a corner which we've failed to do all season. Opposition teams winning the near post header has lead to about 98% of the goals we've conceded from them. So he's basically player of the season for that alone. Get off his back. 

Don't think anyone is on his back. On the whole, I think our fan base is very forgiving and generous to our new signings not expecting instant results unlike some other clubs. We are a good club for young players fresh to the Premier League but nonetheless expect to see a certain level of commitment and effort. Soumare might not have it in him but he's being given every opportunity to progress if he wants it. Up to him but I don't see that he's being treated unfairly.

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think it makes it easier going into the break on the back of a win. Don't like having a couple of weeks to stew on a bad performance/result. 

Don't think anyone is on his back. On the whole, I think our fan base is very forgiving and generous to our new signings not expecting instant results unlike some other clubs. We are a good club for young players fresh to the Premier League but nonetheless expect to see a certain level of commitment and effort. Soumare might not have it in him but he's being given every opportunity to progress if he wants it. Up to him but I don't see that he's being treated unfairly.

I disagree. There has been multiple times he's played alright and you jump into this thread to see people slagging him off left right and centre. He's also admitted he's struggling with the pace of the Premier league and needs the time to adjust. The language too. But whilst we have some fans willing to wait and give him the time to settle others can't see past one or two performances. 

• Like 4

I’ve not been at all impressed with him but he came with rave reviews. I think we’re likely to benefit from giving him another year to settle but wouldn’t be surprise if we sold him if someone bid more than we paid, which isn’t impossible even with his indifferent form.

I wouldn't be writing him off just yet, he's clearly shown he's a talent in ligue 1 and I don't see why he can't replicate that here. It's really all on him and how much he wants it - he's got 4/5 months to get himself fit and force himself into Rodgers plans. KDH has shown him the blueprint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I wouldn't be writing him off just yet, he's clearly shown he's a talent in ligue 1 and I don't see why he can't replicate that here. It's really all on him and how much he wants it - he's got 4/5 months to get himself fit and force himself into Rodgers plans. KDH has shown him the blueprint.

...if physicality is the issue, it does not excuse lack of awareness and application on the pitch!!!

Why would he be unfit, getting up to speed (moving the ball quicker, not getting caught on the ball and tracking back) are things that he maybe struggling with, but him allowing the game to pass him by, is a strange way to endear yourself to the club and supporters. 

If you have seen a performance at some point then it's there, the player has it within them. It then becomes the managers job to ensure the environment is right to bring that capability out more often.

Until such a time as you give up and realise you can only do so much - Demarai Gray for example. I don't feel we are even remotely close to that point with Soumare. 

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I disagree. There has been multiple times he's played alright and you jump into this thread to see people slagging him off left right and centre. He's also admitted he's struggling with the pace of the Premier league and needs the time to adjust. The language too. But whilst we have some fans willing to wait and give him the time to settle others can't see past one or two performances. 

The way I see it, we are entitled to criticise a player that is failing to perform, so long as we are prepared to give him the credit due, should he turn it around.

It is true that he is a young kid making a change into a foreign league but it is also true that he has over 150 appearances under his belt, he is a Ligue 1 title winner and came with a reputation, a hefty price tag and no doubt, huge wages.  We are perfectly entitled to expect more.

If he turns it around in season two, great.  I will be more than happy to give the necessary acclaim, but right now, we can only say it as we see it.  This is a football forum and it exists in the present.  It would be pretty quiet around here if we are forever having to reserve judgement until some arbitrary time in the future.

• Like 2