Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I wasn't referring to Kulusevski position but as a young player coming from a foreign league who has adjusted brilliantly in less a hand of games

for every Kullusevski there is a player that takes time to adapt. 

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

for every Kullusevski there is a player that takes time to adapt. 

Agree to some point..... players like KDB at Man city and our Soyuncu/Vardy found by it difficult in there 1st season in the EPL.

Maybe our scouts need to look more into the mentality and attitude of players abit when analyzing them

20 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Agree to some point..... players like KDB at Man city and our Soyuncu/Vardy found by it difficult in there 1st season in the EPL.

Maybe our scouts need to look more into the mentality and attitude of players abit when analyzing them

This was a big thing with Pearson and his team, not only was the quality of the player important, but they took the time to speak to every player before signing them to make sure that their personality suited. It's imperative that you get to know the person before signing them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

How often that he has played has the team been the same? He hasnt looked great but lets be honest in midfield who has? KDH is the stand out midfielder this year, the lad that has been with the club from a young age and cut his teeth in the championship. 

Sourmare and Daka need time to bed into the team and the country. 

Please also never say feeling sorry for yourself only can last so long. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes with him, no one does. 

Its obvious from his interviews in the past few weeks he has struggled with settling in. 

I have seen bits of him where he looks like he has it, the potential is there but this season lets be honest has been a nightmare for the majority of the squad, management & fans. 

....I am, believe it or not a big fan of Soumare, I have constantly stated what a brilliant player he is and posted YouTube videos about what he brings!!!

I agree that they both need time to settle in, Daka will need to change his approach to the game and we need to look to feed him with the ball infront of him and not to feet. Soumare is the big question as to what is happening in training, as we see nothing of what he brought to the Lille team and how he is playing right now. Yes, insensitive to say feeling sorry for himself, as that is a speculative interpretation, but sometimes there is a tendency for others around, to feed into this type of insecurities, and the person then feeds off the attention he is receiving, it becomes a self fulfilling malaise.

There are too many aspects of his game where he brings nothing to the team and if one or two elements were missing there would be evidence that he was attempting to produce in some other form, even if, what he tried was not coming off for him.

The last thing that supporters do not like to see, is that someone is not trying, and with words such as lazy being banded around time and again, it is a pointer that he is not doing enough, not because of lack of form, but because he chooses not to.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

....very much under Pearson, it was always made clear that it was not just the talent of the player that they looked at, it was their temperament as well!!!

The talent was spotted, but the time was spent in looking at the player himself.

nb.

Just seen the post from @filbertway....endorsement then.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can't understand all this excuse that he needs a pre season, what's going to change with him that next season he will pick up.

You look at players like Kulusevski at Spurs and it took him 2 games to settle it, and they can pick him up in the summer for the same price we paid for Soumare

No they can't!

It's a 30m+ buy option, and they have already paid a 8m loan fee.

Soumare cost us around 17m.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the coaching staff will have identified soumare as a talented player that’s not firing on all cylinders. it’s a fine line we have to walk in terms of encouragement and criticism. Something is not right and that can’t continue into next season. It’s an important position he plays and he is a high profile player. Maybe the pressure is too much of playing in the premier league?

if he needs help he has everything. If he needs to know if the fans support him WE DO! We want all our players to succeed but it’s reciprocal. He has to come out of his shell , express himself and show the passion. I just thought of rashford at manu who is also struggling. So what do we know as fans? Psychologists needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

This was a big thing with Pearson and his team, not only was the quality of the player important, but they took the time to speak to every player before signing them to make sure that their personality suited. It's imperative that you get to know the person before signing them.

Read an interesting article on AC Milan's recruitment strategy that under their Chief Scout Geoffrey Moncada doing the same thing with their success in signing young talent

• Like 2

58 pages on the lad - wow - I’m not going to slaughter him(to much)  -it generally takes a season for average players to get a bit better in the prem - he has shown nothing so far though to give any indication that he has been or will be a good signing- however I’m reserving judgement till Xmas and giving him a chance early next year- for this season though he should be nowhere near the 11 and I can’t see him getting in even with ndidi and mendy Unavailable - i hope he will approve however he has shown absolutely nothing at all so far - he looks slow , big ars*d and completely out of his depth 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, SO1 said:

I remember watching Henderson at Liverpool get an absolute thrashing as Rodgers was transitioning him to the type of midfielder he is now. Look how that turned out. Supporters wanted to drive him back to Sunderland free of charge.

Rodgers wanted to get rid of him to Fulham in exchange for Clint Dempsey. 

40 minutes ago, jv1 said:

58 pages on the lad - wow - I’m not going to slaughter him(to much)  -it generally takes a season for average players to get a bit better in the prem - he has shown nothing so far though to give any indication that he has been or will be a good signing- however I’m reserving judgement till Xmas and giving him a chance early next year- for this season though he should be nowhere near the 11 and I can’t see him getting in even with ndidi and mendy Unavailable - i hope he will approve however he has shown absolutely nothing at all so far - he looks slow , big ars*d and completely out of his depth 

....it is very hard to advocate for him, he is in a big hole at the moment and every time he plays, he digs even deeper!!!

Someone needs to pull him out, because he cannot do it by himself.

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can't understand all this excuse that he needs a pre season, what's going to change with him that next season he will pick up.

You look at players like Kulusevski at Spurs and it took him 2 games to settle it, and they can pick him up in the summer for the same price we paid for Soumare

Can you really compare players like for like in this way, for a starter Kulusevski could be an extravert & Soumare an introvert, 1 will take longer to settle.
Then also look at their footballing history Soumare is French/Sengalese has stayed in France & only been with 2 clubs prior to us PSG growing up & Lille, where as Kulusevski born in Sweden with Swedish & Macedonian heritage played for Bromma before moving to Italy where he bounced between 3 clubs moving from loan to loan he's already been exposed to a whole gambit of different experiences which will give him an edge over Soumare with regards to adjusting & settling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Rodgers wanted to get rid of him to Fulham in exchange for Clint Dempsey. 

I remember that. Gave Henderson the option of leaving or staying(anecdotal). Henderson chose to stay and fight for his place. Smart move given what he's accomplished in his career. Coutinho and Sturridge(8 and 13mil:P) would have never happened in that winter window had that deal went through.