Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Bit dodgy first half, very good second half. Should not have been subbed. 

l’d like to see us play 433 again with Soumare, Ndidi and Tielemans. We looked good playing that way. 

Disagree (dangerous when it comes to you) thought he was ok first half, didn't pull up any trees but retained possession well. 2nd half he did try more and came into his own. Looks a real player!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Disagree (dangerous when it comes to you) thought he was ok first half, didn't pull up any trees but retained possession well. 2nd half he did try more and came into his own. Looks a real player!

He gave the ball away a few times and got booked. He was no worse than anyone else in the first half, but I am trying to be equal with my praise and criticism rather than laying off people because it's their first start, etc. Second half performance is what I'd expect from a player signed from the Ligue 1 champions for a 20m+ fee.

But all that said, given that it was his first start and he's not had time to get used to other players, plus he's playing against a great team in Napoli, that was a very good performance. As per my previous post, we would be a a better team with him in it than without on current form. I also think a player like this has proved time and time again to be dominant in the Premier League; Vieria, Yaya Toure, Dembele, Kante (more for being box to box than tackling), Wijnaldum, etc.

He's the sort of player who IMO if you gave 4-5 games in a row too would be almost impossible to drop. I think once he's fully adapted he will be a very good player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

He gave the ball away a few times and got booked. He was no worse than anyone else in the first half, but I am trying to be equal with my praise and criticism rather than laying off people because it's their first start, etc. Second half performance is what I'd expect from a player signed from the Ligue 1 champions for a 20m+ fee.

But all that said, given that it was his first start and he's not had time to get used to other players, plus he's playing against a great team in Napoli, that was a very good performance. As per my previous post, we would be a a better team with him in it than without on current form. I also think a player like this has proved time and time again to be dominant in the Premier League; Vieria, Yaya Toure, Dembele, Kante (more for being box to box than tackling), Wijnaldum, etc.

He's the sort of player who IMO if you gave 4-5 games in a row too would be almost impossible to drop. I think once he's fully adapted he will be a very good player.

Good insightful post as usual this. I think your point about him playing 4-5 games in a row and becoming undroppable is spot on. CM is the hardest position in our team to get a game, so he has to be good when he gets the chances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

He was ok, couple of flashy bits that came off, like to see him pass It a little quicker

Yeah this is what he needs to adapt to. The French league is slower, it's more of a "your turn, our turn" league, whereas the Premier League is chaos at all times. He will get there though, that Marseilles roll he performed in the second half was class!

This game was between a Premier League game and a Ligue 1 game, so it suited him. Their midfield of Zilenski, Fabian and Zilenski are no mugs, he was impressive against them all.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

l’d like to see us play 433 again with Soumare, Ndidi and Tielemans. We looked good playing that way. 

I am dying to see that midfield three. I think it will dominate most teams. Very press resistant, capable of winning the ball back and able to dictate play from deep. Yes. Please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Both him and Ndidi made being on a booking made it difficult. 

I think it was more who came on for him.

I assume BR was hoping maddison would help us keep the ball better, but maybe KDH would have been a better choice. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I am dying to see that midfield three. I think it will dominate most teams. Very press resistant, capable of winning the ball back and able to dictate play from deep. Yes. Please.

Exactly, all of those things. Very similar to the Liverpool midfield 3 of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho.

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Both him and Ndidi made being on a booking made it difficult. 

I think it was more who came on for him.

I assume BR was hoping maddison would help us keep the ball better, but maybe KDH would have been a better choice. 

Yes agreed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Really like the like look of him, just needs to back himself more! So many times he did the hard part by turning or bursting away from his man then turned back and played the safe pass. When he starts driving at defences he’ll be a major problem 

.... he doesn't, that is why he is the person that assist the player who makes the assist!!!

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep in second half seemed to be playing in the No. 10 position in possession and looked like he was told to try to overload the left wing to help our most threatening player, Barnes, get on the ball more.

He rotated with tielesman between the 10 and more deep lying midfield position and it appeared to really suit him.

I think that midfield of Ndidi, Tielesman and Soumare could be the midfield going forward until maddison finds his form.

He looks like a class player and will only get better

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Our only issue here would be how deep those 3 would end up.