Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Boubakary Soumare

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Both him and Ndidi made being on a booking made it difficult. 

I think it was more who came on for him.

I assume BR was hoping maddison would help us keep the ball better, but maybe KDH would have been a better choice. 

My thoughts exactly regarding Dewsbury Hall.. :thumbup:

• Like 2

I feel confident that we have an excellent player in Soumare. 1st half last night I wasn't so sure but as he played himself into the game (and was maybe aided by tactical/positional changes) it became clear to me just what he is capable of and how he can influence a game. I've a feeling he's going to shine for us.

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Clearly has great ability - some of the touches and turns we’re eye catching. 

Really think the way forward is a midfield 3: 

Ndidi

Youri - Soumare/KDH 

great balance to that and probably allows us to be a bit more attacking with the front 3 - like Daka off the right like last night 

If Tielemans doesn’t shape up fast KDH would get the nod over him in my book. Youri is spraying balls like he’s in a bukake flick…it’s going everywhere and it’s not nice to watch.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Clearly has great ability - some of the touches and turns we’re eye catching. 

Really think the way forward is a midfield 3: 

Ndidi

Youri - Soumare/KDH 

great balance to that and probably allows us to be a bit more attacking with the front 3 - like Daka off the right like last night 

Would be very interested in seeing

Barnes Iheanacho Daka

Soumaré Ndidi Dewsbury Hall

Assuming we sat back and defended well, I think this would be a really good counterattacking team. Daka is supposed to be a hard worker so I think it could work to have a very attacking front three like that, Could be a bit like Liverpool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Our only issue here would be how deep those 3 would end up. 

.. with those 3 in midfield we would not be dropping too deep as we would be defending from the front!!!

Soumare is going to set a tempo and that will mean we are on the front foot always. What we saw last night was him coming into the game and beginning to influence the attitudes of the players around him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He needs game time to settle in 

seems he will only get that in the EL and league cup for now 

I’m not making a judgment based on last night. There were certainly some good signs but I remember diabate looking like ronaldo when he arrived ! 

he is the future - he need to play epl games

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He was ‘good’ in a prem game - I remember MOTD highlighting his movement and dribbling and saying we’d found Riyad’s replacement! 

Yep but soumare did it against Napoli and has already won a championship 

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I think it’s clear he’s a player that needs confidence to get the best out of him, we started to see him look comfortable as the game went on and we’ll really start to see his driving runs and forward passes from deep come to the fore as he plays more and more. 

He’s going to need to because Youri appears to have gone AWOL. 

I've read some very mixed opinions of him today.

I thought he played well personally, especially in the first half. Some good link up with Barnes and seemed keen to move the ball about quite quickly.

He looks a little off the pace defensively, but that will come.