Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon the Hat

Taylor Hawkins RIP

I was listening to the drumming on the new album last night, thinking it’s incredible. 

He joined Foo Fighters,

drumming in a band, that arguably has one of the worlds greatest ever drummers in Dave Grohl. For me he surpassed him and it’s no age to die. 

• Like 2

Anyone that's willing to do Peart...

Like Neil Peart, he was forever learning - always the student. Some great scenes in Stewart Copeland's 'drum' documentary. Saw the Foo Fighters with William Goldsmith - no disrespect, but it's transformational adding a personality and decent musicianship to a band and transcends just the sound. Not sure that Grohl, of any of the rest of the band will wish to continue beyond honouring the current dates as a tribute - they were that close and tight. 

15 minutes ago, Sly said:

I was listening to the drumming on the new album last night, thinking it’s incredible. 

He joined Foo Fighters,

drumming in a band, that arguably has one of the worlds greatest ever drummers in Dave Grohl. For me he surpassed him and it’s no age to die. 

Ennit. He made you forget Grohl was a drummer, if that makes sense?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Ennit. He made you forget Grohl was a drummer, if that makes sense?

This is my thoughts exactly.

The transition from Nirvana to the Foo Fighters was my youth to being an adult. 

Taylor was as integral to the showmanship, as much as the talent.  A major loss to the world of music, however they all came across as a tight bunch as well, having all grown together. The world hurts with them. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

Not the biggest Foo fan, never seen them live (was offered a ticket in 2008 but turned them down to see the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band in true urban spaceman style) and haven't really kept up with their albums the last 10 years... but this one just feels so sad. Not least because of his charisma and ability, but also cos of his relationship with Grohl, who is perhaps the most talented, charismatic and wholesome person in modern music. Been bingeing them the last few days... what a loss. 

• Sad 1

Its very sad, and I was really looking forward to seeing them in November in Perth.  I really hope Dave and the guys come through this and carry on, although the Foos won't be the same without Taylor.  As Jo Whiley described him "Sunshine on skinny legs".

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...