Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England friendlies.

Kane does a lot of good stuff when he comes deep. But is nowhere to be seen when he's needed in the box. Imagine how many goals he'd score if he just stayed in the box, like Haaland. Also gets in the way of Foden, who I don't think his best suited to the number 10 role, not in the England team anyway. 

Guest Col city fan

Anyone watching this shit?

It’s like it’s being played behind closed doors.

Both on and off the field… utter tripe 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone watching this shit?

It’s like it’s being played behind closed doors.

Both on and off the field… utter tripe 

The Election debate has more fight 

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

It's only a friendly. Not sure it'll have any major bearing on what actually happens at the Euros. Players mostly not wanting to get injured.

These friendlies so close to the tournament are quite important imo. There is a reason all the "big" teams arrange friendlies against generally very weak opponents. Scoring many goals allows them to bond the team better, relax the tensions and stress before a big tournament. 

England struggling against Iceland or Germany struggling against Greece isn't a good sign. We knew Germany has serious problems but it seems we're not in a good shape either. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Kane does a lot of good stuff when he comes deep. But is nowhere to be seen when he's needed in the box. Imagine how many goals he'd score if he just stayed in the box, like Haaland. Also gets in the way of Foden, who I don't think his best suited to the number 10 role, not in the England team anyway. 

I'm afraid it's not a coincidence Bayern didn't win anything this season with Kane. This player forces managers to tactically adapt the whole team around him. Bayern will fail next season again and I'm not quite sure most people will understand why this is happening. I would only start Kane on a 4-3-1-2 or even a 4-4-2, this only if I even picked him to start. I would probably play a 3-4-1-2 with Toney and Watkins. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'm afraid it's not a coincidence Bayern didn't win anything this season with Kane. This player forces managers to tactically adapt the whole team around him. Bayern will fail next season again and I'm not quite sure most people will understand why this is happening. I would only start Kane on a 4-3-1-2 or even a 4-4-2, this only if I even picked him to start. I would probably play a 3-4-1-2 with Toney and Watkins. 

Well I think if Kane didn't start there would be a riot tbh unless injured.

He is a world class striker.

Ok missed a chance today but even so.

Watkins hasn't done much at International at all tbf.

Edited by Super_horns

Palmer strikes you as someone who will prefer to do something the harder way if possible. Alexander-Arnold getting better the longer this goes on. 

Too many decent players in this squad. That's it.  

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Palmer strikes you as someone who will prefer to do something the harder way if possible. Alexander-Arnold getting better the longer this goes on. 

Too many decent players in this squad. That's it.  

Massively overhyped group of players overall and a bang average manager 

39 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

It will possibly take another 8 years until people realise playing with Kane upfront is the recipe for disaster. It's absolutely criminal other strikers have not been given a single chance so many years, including Vardy. 

There's always one. It was Rooney previously.